PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Ron Paul On His Future, Fiscal Cliff, Rand, and Secession w/ Alan Combes Nov 29

Confederate
11-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Ron Paul On His Future, Fiscal Cliff, Rand, and Secession
Fox News Radio w/ Alan Colmes | Nov 29, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLtBWDLemUs
http://youtu.be/gLtBWDLemUs

trey4sports
11-30-2012, 01:18 PM
summary? dont wanna listen to alan combes.

Confederate
11-30-2012, 01:29 PM
summary? dont wanna listen to alan combes Ron Paul.

FTFY.

green73
11-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Wtf. Don't RP interviews get comments around here anymore?

sailingaway
11-30-2012, 07:07 PM
It is a good interview. It is too bad he is kind of cut off at the hard break at the end, though.

nobody's_hero
11-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Well that was the most reasonable I think I've heard Alan Combes in a while. Seemed like a fair interview but yeah I wish it had been longer.

Tinnuhana
11-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Nice interview. I remember hearing one Alan Combes show during the primary where a caller asked about Ron Paul's chances of winning the primary. Instead of talking, as many "right wing" talk show hosts did, about his inelectability, Combes said he couldn't win because the GOP powers wouldn't allow it. I've never heard him say anything negative about RP or try to corner him in an interview (not that I've heard many). I would certainly rather hear an interview with Combes than with his former sidekick, Hannity.

BuddyRey
11-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Did anyone else find it interesting how Ron kept referring to himself as a libertarian? He never would have done that during the campaign...it's like he's letting it all hang out now, which is very refreshing.

green73
11-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Confederate, by deep south do you mean Costa del Sol?

braane
11-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Alan Colmes. Not that it matters, I just thought I would let you guys know.

July
11-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Did anyone else find it interesting how Ron kept referring to himself as a libertarian? He never would have done that during the campaign...it's like he's letting it all hang out now, which is very refreshing.

Yes I'm noticing it too. It's great.

LibertyEagle
11-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Oh sheesh. I don't give a shit what he calls himself. Everyone is so damned hung up on stupid labels. It doesn't do a damn thing to get our country back.

July
12-01-2012, 06:34 AM
Oh sheesh. I don't give a shit what he calls himself. Everyone is so damned hung up on stupid labels. It doesn't do a damn thing to get our country back.

I don't think labels really matter either, it's just seems like Ron feels like he has a weight off his shoulders, now that he is retiring from government, and speaks a little more freely.

Confederate
12-01-2012, 09:42 AM

Labels certainly matter to GOP voters who will only vote for a "conservative" but not a "libertarian"

Confederate
12-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Confederate, by deep south do you mean Costa del Sol?

Could be. Or Mexico.

BuddyRey
12-01-2012, 11:40 AM

I agree that we shouldn't get hung up on labels, but it's important and encouraging for two reasons; one, it establishes that, in fact, at least one libertarian has held national office and quite possibly could have won the Presidency. That helps kill the stereotype that "libertarians never win" or that the ideology itself is fringe and nobody credible or important could actually hold to it. It's also important for the simple reason that most American sheeple respond to "branding", and establishing a "national brand" with the legacy of someone with the honesty, wisdom, and forthrightness of Ron Paul helps lend cache to the term so that it carries a weight of credibility that, sadly, the terms "liberalism" and "conservatism" no longer convey.