PDA

View Full Version : Paul and prophets rejected

sailingaway
11-29-2012, 08:59 PM
The majority of Mormons have rejected the prophets, Constitution, and Founding Fathers this year by not supporting Congressman Ron Paul.

In Dr. Paul's 12 terms in Congress, he has never voted for any bill that is unconstitutional and most likely has introduced more bills than any other congressman to return to limited government, increase our security, sound money, ending unconstitutional wars of preemptive aggression, getting us out of the United Nations, and the sanctity of life.

The prophets have repeatedly said we should know, befriend and defend the Constitution. Anything more or less than "befriending that law which is the Constitutional law of the land ... cometh of evil." The constitution of our land is to be "established forever."

If the LDS would have read the Constitution and what the prophets said about it, we would have supported Ron Paul, who isn't LDS and has been more critical of Mitt Romney on his position on the issues that didn't line up with the Constitution.

Unfortunately, Ron Paul is retiring at the end of this year, and there probably will never be a greater champion of liberty than Dr. Paul. If there was, I doubt the majority of us would recognize him.

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/opinion/mailbag/paul-and-prophets-rejected/article_9ad1b019-4eee-5b20-9130-4d5de3f5ad11.html

PierzStyx
11-30-2012, 01:08 AM
As a LDS, seeing so many of my fellow church members vote for Romney was heartbreaking.

LibertyEagle
11-30-2012, 05:18 AM
Yes and they seemed to do it solely because Romney was a Mormon. It was rather depressing.

tod evans
11-30-2012, 05:25 AM
The "one of us" mentality that so many use as a voting criteria.

Just think about the various campaigns and how every one of the fraudsters tried to portray themselves as "one of us"....

Mr.NoSmile
11-30-2012, 09:33 AM
A little too late to backpedal on what could have been.

jcannon98188
11-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Mormon here. I have been trying to tell my fellow LDS this for the last year. Unfortunately, a mormon in the white house is too good an opurtunity to pass up :-/

ShaneEnochs
11-30-2012, 10:48 AM
For some reason, reading that made me want to start a religion.

John F Kennedy III
11-30-2012, 10:57 AM
For some reason, reading that made me want to start a religion.

You can't do any worse than any established religions. Probably even if you tried.