PDA

View Full Version : SOLUTION FOR DECEMBER 16th PROBLEM! - I'm a genius!

ronpaulfan
11-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Here is the solution:

Nobody donate a single cent until the Tea Party or we'll pound you with socks with soap inserted inside them! Not a single penny!! We want daily donations to flat line at zero $$$ per day!! If we see your name come up on the donation meter before the 16th, we will find where you live and beat you with aforementioned soap socks!!! Also, if you donate after the 16th, we will find where you live and pound our socks on you because you should have donated it on the 16th!!

You people are so uptight :p

Edit: I'm being sarcastic for those who couldn't tell :p

derdy
11-20-2007, 10:03 PM
TeaParty07.com extends a line of credit, call them Tea Bonds, that we purhase from TeaParty07 is donated to the campaign at the time of purchase but go towards the Tea Party on 12/16?!

Woo hoo!! Perplexing enigma of wretched emotion solved!

curtisag
11-20-2007, 10:04 PM
In the end, nobody can tell us what to do with our money. That's what Ron Paul says time and time again. If you believe the 16th to be of greater importance, fine that's your right, more power to you. If you believe the campaign email is of greater importance, then donate some now and some later on the 16th. It's really is that freaking simple. We are free to choose, so lets stop all the bickering and negativity. The 16th will be a success regardless, because it's a great idea for people to rally behind. We here on the Ron Paul forum only represent a fraction of the revolution anyway. New donors will be coming too, and they will sign up for the 16th to replace those of us who have run out of money.

Billy Baro7
11-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Fact is, we only have about two weeks to raise money for the early primaries. Raise 3 mil in two weeks?

During the first few days of October, we announced our fundraising goal for the fourth quarter: $12 million raised by December 31.

But there's more: we need to have spent it by then, too.

If we were to raise the entire $12 million in the last week of December, we would meet our fundraising goal for the quarter. But Ron Paul would stand little chance of winning the Republican nomination, because that money would have come in too late.

Time is of the essence. You see, we need to raise money well before we plan to spend it. That's because most of the expenditures that we make need to be paid for weeks in advance. For example, we need to buy crucial airtime for the end of December right now.

The sooner we raise this money, the sooner that we can spread Dr. Paul's message - our message - in the early primary states. Time truly is money.

Fact is, we only have about two weeks to raise money for the early primaries.

If you wait a month from now to donate, your money will only be spent after Iowa caucus-goers and New Hampshire primary voters have made up their minds.

We are rapidly running out of time. The Iowa caucus is just 44 days away. New Hampshire is in 49 days. With so much ground to make up, we can't afford to waste a single day.

As a result, we are spending faster than the rate at which we are raising money. In October alone, we raised $2.8 million, but our campaign spent over $3.1 million.

We cannot afford to wait for bursts of press activity. What we need is sustained attention in the news. What better way to do this than by continuing to raise money at a rapid pace now? We need to keep our momentum going.

Help us win in New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina, and Nevada.

Make your most generous contribution as soon as you can: https://www.ronpaul20... . .

Jonathan Bydlak
Fundraising Director
Ron Paul 2008

ClockwiseSpark
11-20-2007, 10:09 PM
In the end, nobody can tell us what to do with our money. That's what Ron Paul says time and time again. If you believe the 16th to be of greater importance, fine that's your right, more power to you. If you believe the campaign email is of greater importance, then donate some now and some later on the 16th. It's really is that freaking simple. We are free to choose, so lets stop all the bickering and negativity. The 16th will be a success regardless, because it's a great idea for people to rally behind. We here on the Ron Paul forum only represent a fraction of the revolution anyway. New donors will be coming too, and they will sign up for the 16th to replace those of us who have run out of money.

QFT

DahuiHeeNalu
11-20-2007, 10:13 PM
save sum for the tea party it asks for $100 on the 16th so just save a $100 or $200

ronpaulfan
11-20-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm being sarcastic. The people crying over Dec 16th are overreacting. Dec 16th will still be huge and massive media news but we shouldn't let donations flat line. If we're pulling in under 100K per day, we need to donate what we can now :)

Arkris
11-20-2007, 10:17 PM
I was concerned that the Dec. 16th money bomb was too close to the primaries to be much good and the e-mail we got from the official campaign today confirms it.

The campaign needs as much money possible as quickly as possible! They need to shower the early primary states with ads if we're going to get people to believe that he's a real contender for the GOP nomination. Lots of people haven't even heard of him or his policies, who would otherwise vote for a candidate like him.

The money bomb is a great idea which is going to get us a helluva lot of publicity, and I don't think that donating now would prevent many people from donating on the 16th as well. Although this money bomb is VERY important, we need to remember that the primaries are coming up fast.

TechnoGuyRob
11-20-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm being sarcastic. The people crying over Dec 16th are overreacting. Dec 16th will still be huge and massive media news but we shouldn't let donations flat line. If we're pulling in under 100K per day, we need to donate what we can now :)

I actually thought this was a good idea until I started realizing you're being sarcastic. :( People really need to hold out until December 16th, and though "soap socks" may sound like it's funny, I think with just some not-too-forceful threats we can make sure that day will go down in history as big as it logistically can. Could you edit your post to reflect this? Thanks. :)