PDA

View Full Version : Fiscal cliff! fiscal Cliff! the sky is falling! vs the Paul Plan????

A_Silent_Majority_Member
11-29-2012, 11:08 AM
So ok im playing devils advocate here a bit... im a "stupid dumbed down typical american"... just about a year or so ago everyone was raving about the Paul Plan and how it was the only economic policy that would actually fix anything.... now all the tv set keeps repeating is Fiscal Cliff again and again...and again and again for good measure...

So the question on my mind is.... Why cant they simply borrow from the Paul Plan as a solution???

Anyone else wonder the same or am i wayyyyy off the map here?

AuH20
11-29-2012, 11:10 AM
The Paul plan will damage too many of the special interests that manipuate Washington, so it will not be considered. Money is power, so closing the purse strings is not welcome.

angelatc
11-29-2012, 11:14 AM
I was just watching Boehner speak. He's perfectly willing to cough up revenue, but those darned Democrats won't give up any spending.

Kabuki theater. They're going let the plan go forward as it, and then battle to see which side will catch the blame in the next election. My money is on the Democrats there.

Occam's Banana
11-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Why cant they simply borrow from the Paul Plan as a solution???

They can, but they won't - because that would require making actual, substantive spending cuts.

A_Silent_Majority_Member
11-29-2012, 12:24 PM
So.. ok... now a new question comes to mind... would it be of any benefit to make the OP question somehow go viral with the public??? There are bound to be some youtubes of the talking heads from last year touting the Paul Plan floating around.. maybe a Benn Swann reality check on the subject? If nothing else maybe it can act as a public eye opener??? maybe im just being too optimistic.

LibertyRevolution
11-29-2012, 12:46 PM
So which will it be?

a) Fiscal Cliff comes, we fall off it, dems blame reps.
b) a compromise is reached, dems says it was all them.
c) more of the same, this is a just a show they are putting on to try and keep the AAA rating.