PDA

View Full Version : Huntsman Channels Ron on War

Lucille
11-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Huntsman Suddenly Discovers That Starting Unnecessary Wars Is a Bad Idea
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/huntsman-suddenly-discovers-that-starting-unnecessary-wars-is-a-bad-idea/

Jon Huntsman said this in a recent interview:

We used to be the party that put out wars: Eisenhower, Korea; Nixon, Vietnam; Reagan, the Cold War. And here we talk about starting wars. That’s all Republicans on the defense side seem to want to talk about — not negotiating a way forward diplomatically, as we had under earlier Republican administrations, but always falling back on the war option as if we haven’t had enough over the past 12 years.

Wow. If that was a "Who said that?" quiz, I would have answered RP.

It’s appropriate that Huntsman used the plural “we” when referring to Republicans that talked about starting wars, since he went out of his way during his presidential campaign to talk about doing exactly that. It’s all very well for Huntsman to borrow from Ron Paul’s debate answers now, but where was this a year ago when it might have done him and the Republicans some good? When it came to Iran, nobody (not even Santorum!) fell back on the “war option” quite as readily as Huntsman. It was as if we hadn’t already had enough of that over the last decade.

More at the link

Mr.NoSmile
11-29-2012, 09:05 AM
The irony in politicians and some Republicans in general echoing Ron Paul's talking points AFTER he's finished and AFTER the election is just...I don't even know. Is he trying to be an ally?

klamath
11-29-2012, 10:26 AM
To be fair to Huntsmen he was not as bad the others about the wars. I recall agreeing with him some in the debates.

sailingaway
11-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Huntsman is a poseur imho.

VIDEODROME
11-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Is Hunstman a poseur or just a moderate?

sailingaway
11-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Is Hunstman a poseur or just a moderate?

I think a poseur. He uses rhetoric (when it is in fashion) suggesting he is the real deal (moderate fiscally but 'radical' on popular issues) and I think he is a poseur. This is not the same guy who was governor of Utah.

July
11-29-2012, 11:06 AM
They are trying what Rand suggested they should try doing?

Bill O'Reilly was ranting about property rights the other night on Fox.

jmdrake
11-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Jon Huntsman attack ad against Ron Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGcy8MhJo9w&feature=player_embedded

sailingaway
11-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Jon Huntsman attack ad against Ron Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGcy8MhJo9w&feature=player_embedded

and that fake one by a fake Ron Paul supporter that media tried to say made RON somehow tainted was first ever tweeted to his daughters and his site and first ever accessed by someone at his campaign web site. I always thought these tacky and fake attack adds (which were immediately before Huntsman's poll numbers dropped) hurt him and his campaign wanted to taint Ron who was seen as more pure, then suddenly there was this fake 'anti- Huntsman' manchurian candidate video (the one Ron's campaign sued youtube to find the identity of the poster over)as the first ever youtube post of a new account name using Ron Paul supporter terminology. and Huntsman and his family rode that fake video to the max, his poll numbers started going back up in NH, and Ron's stopped rising nearly as fast.

I don't think favorably about Huntsman, one tiny bit, and his being endorsed by Lady Rothchilds and being the 'next generation banker candidate' is only a small part of that.

KingNothing
11-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Huntsman is a poseur imho.

At best he is politically weak and, I think, willing only to stand up to The Party in rhetoric. If push ever came to shove, I'm almost certain that he'd fall in line.
At the same time, if it ever became politically expedient to hold the views we hold dear, he would cherish them as well. To me he seems like nothing more than a politician who isn't a complete enemy.

11-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Meh, Huntsman was the best of the worst. If Huntsman had went all the way in the primary and won, I suppose I could have held my nose and voted for him in the general. Not my first choice at all though. I think he's going to run again.

compromise
11-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Huntsman is a internationalist like Obama. He is a liberal Republican like Nixon or Rockefeller. He is a strong supporter of foreign aid and the United Nations. His foreign policy rhetoric is the same as Obama's (in 2008 of course, not now). The only candidates I would even have considered voting for this year would have been possibly Perry or Bachmann, mainly due to their anti-foreign aid, anti-Libya intervention and pro-gold standard positions, but even then, very unwillingly.

QuickZ06
11-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Screw the Huntsman!!!!

Odin
11-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Nixon wasn't exactly quick in 'putting out' the Vietnam war.

Brett85
11-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Huntsman was the only Republican running for President other than Ron who supported getting out of Afghanistan.

jcarcinogen
11-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Huntsman's campaign false flagged Ron Paul supporters as racist at the expense of his daughter. Screw huntsman, he was obviously hoping his Mormon buddy would reward him with a cabinet position.

Rudeman
11-29-2012, 03:33 PM
I lost any respect I had for Huntsman after that Manchurian video they tried to blame Ron Paul/his supporters for.

Anti-Neocon
11-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Huntsman is a drug warrior who supported NDAA, wouldn't take a stance on the Patriot Act, and said that the stimulus was too small.

Still that being said, he was better than the other options that weren't named Ron Paul or Gary Johnson.

affa
11-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Huntsman took advantage of the anti-Ron Paul youtube media blitz right before NH, and I'll never forgive him for that. And the evidence suggests his daughters conspired to do it. Screw you, Huntsman.

erowe1
11-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Wow. If that was a "Who said that?" quiz, I would have answered RP.

I can't picture RP saying that Reagan put out the Cold War.

amy31416
11-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Yeah. I'll never forgive or forget he and his creepy daughter's sleazy tactics.