PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Jim DeMint threatens War on colleagues who vote for tax rise

itshappening
11-29-2012, 07:38 AM
Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.), a member of the Senate Tea Party caucus, warned that conservatives could back challengers to sitting lawmakers who vote for tax increases.

“If there is a bad deal, I just think you’re going to see conservatives around the country coalesce around better candidates, better-trained candidates, and to recognize the Republican Party needs to reflect more conservative principles,” he said.

DeMint said a lot of conservative donors have already stopped giving to the official Republican Party committees and sent their dollars instead to outside groups. He said that trend is a major reason why the Senate Conservatives Fund, which he founded, has raised millions of dollars.

On Tuesday, Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.), a former chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, urged colleagues to extend the Bush-era tax rates only for families earning below $250,000 to avoid a tax increase on middle-class families at year’s end. He said Republicans could resume the fight against higher taxes on wealthier families next year.

DeMint, however, said decoupling tax rates for families earning above $250,000 per year and those below that threshold would be a mistake.

“I don’t think any decoupling of the rates is a concession we should make. I think that’s capitulation. It doesn’t help the country. For the Republicans to agree to that is bad policy and I think it’s bad politics,” he said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/270017-conservative-activist-threatens-to-steer-donors-away-from-rnc

itshappening
11-29-2012, 07:40 AM
I hope DeMint has the balls to use his "Senate Conservative Fund" to take on the traitors. I'm not hopeful though.

FrankRep
11-29-2012, 07:40 AM
Lets not forget. :-)

Rand Paul: I Won't Break the No-Tax-Increase Pledge I Made to the People
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2963608/posts

itshappening
11-29-2012, 07:45 AM
oh nice Frank, you're on freerepublic? Be careful what you say about Israel on there because they will come after you if you're not careful.

it's a good place to promote Rand and real conservatives to the duped masses.

tangent4ronpaul
11-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Think about what increasing taxes on a line in the sand will do. Just like Obamacare causing businesses to cut back workers hours, if they are anywhere near that $250 K line in the sand a lot of people are going to think: "I have to work harder to bring home less money. Maybe I should lay off a worker or two, only be open 4 days a week or turn down a manufacturing contract, for fear I make too much this year and get robbed more because of it".

If you get to keep the same amount of money working 9 months and 12 months because you cross some line in the sand sending your taxes to orbit, what would you do?

-t