PDA

View Full Version : If you eat a live chicken, well, you're going to JAIL!

aGameOfThrones
11-28-2012, 10:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHWNCfOVh1Y

A man is facing justice after he ate the head off a live chicken in the presence of minors in a barbershop in Trujillo Alto, on 16 November.

The agent Wilfredo Rivera Hernandez, coordinator in the area of Carolina Animal Abuse Act identified the alleged assailant as Moses Valentin Hernandez, described as a drug user who resides in Talanco the La Gloria, Trujillo Alto.

The man was charged last Friday for violation of Article 7, paragraph C of Law 154, Law for the Welfare and Protection of Animals. Bail of $ 2,000 was paid by relatives.

The man, 40 years old, single and childless, told police he was "High" that day, he saw the matter as a joke, but has also claimed to have beliefs in Occultism.

"He was surprised by the arrest. Said it was a joke," said Officer Rivera Hernandez.

The sadistic act was captured on video and got put on the Internet. Members of a nonprofit organization called OICA filed the complaint that initiated the investigation police.

http://www.elnuevodia.com/aenfrentarlajusticiaporcomerselacabezadeunpollitov ivo-1396168.html

Origanalist
11-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Even though I like chicken, I think I'll just skip this video......

Expatriate
11-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Ozzy Osbourne bit the head off a live dove once... and a dead bat.

Occam's Banana
11-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Even though I like chicken, I think I'll just skip this video......

I was actually eating a chicken sandwich when I first saw the OP. Really.

I did NOT watch the video. I just closed the tab and moved along to the next one in my browser, toot sweet ...

angelatc
11-28-2012, 11:39 PM
If I eat a live chicken, I'm going to the exorcist.

Czolgosz
11-28-2012, 11:50 PM
It's just a commercial for Keystone.

Origanalist
11-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Hmmmm....taste's like chicken!

AGRP
11-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Hows this any different than how we kill chickens? He used his teeth instead of a knife? At least it got to live a life outside of a food inc farm.

Origanalist
11-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Hows this any different than how we kill chickens? He used his teeth instead of a knife? At least it got to live a life outside of a food inc farm.

The difference is we kill it, clean it and cook it. But you will get no arguement from me about big chicken "farms". I've seen them first hand, disgusting.

AGRP
11-29-2012, 12:05 AM
The difference is we kill it, clean it and cook it. But you will get no arguement from me about big chicken "farms". I've seen them first hand, disgusting.

Well, from the perspective of a chicken there is no real difference if the neck is severed which he did. Funny how food inc farms arent fined $2,000 for each injured chicken thats tossed into a wood chipper? Id rather be this chicken than one that lived on a food inc farm.

Origanalist
11-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Well, from the perspective of a chicken there is no real difference if the neck is severed which he did. Funny how food inc farms arent fined $2,000 for each injured chicken thats tossed into a wood chipper? Id rather be this chicken than one that lived on a food inc farm.

I agree with your entire post.

LibertyEagle
11-29-2012, 02:29 AM

I think the idea is that chopping their head off is quite a bit faster than chewing through it and thus a lot more humane. That said, I did not watch the video; nor am I. But, it's hard to imagine that a person can bite off a chicken's head with just one chomp.

Tod
11-29-2012, 07:43 AM
I think the idea is that chopping their head off is quite a bit faster than chewing through it and thus a lot more humane. That said, I did not watch the video; nor am I. But, it's hard to imagine that a person can bite off a chicken's head with just one chomp.

Off, unlikely. Crush to kill the bird just as quickly as a knife, sure, easily.

edit: watched the video. very young chick. Yes, bit the head off very quickly in one bite. And then took another bite. Like munching a sandwich.

while gross, he definitely killed the bird humanely, if not respectfully.

FindLiberty
11-29-2012, 08:51 AM
Campylobacter

Don't go there with those raw chickens, especially if you have the hla b27 genetic marker.

Expatriate
11-29-2012, 11:58 AM

If you have a hard time believing what AGRP just said, watch this video of a factory farm from Iowa. Why would biting a chick's head off be considered illegal and wrong, but dumping a steady stream of them into a "macerator" isn't? Pretty sure that's more painful, especially since they don't all go head-first.

Macerator is shown at the 0:45 second mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ--faib7to

These one's aren't even injured, they're being "disposed of" because they are male.

So much hypocrisy in this world...

aGameOfThrones
11-29-2012, 12:18 PM
If you have a hard time believing what AGRP just said, watch this video of a factory farm from Iowa. Why would biting a chick's head off be considered illegal and wrong, but dumping a steady stream of them into a "macerator" isn't? Pretty sure that's more painful, especially since they don't all go head-first.

These one's aren't even injured, they're being "disposed of" because they are male.

I'm gonna click it after I finish my chicken.

AGRP
11-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Set up a meat grinder in front of a capital building or public area and toss a bunch of live chicklets and see what happens. Youll be lucky to not get any jail time.

oyarde
11-29-2012, 12:30 PM
I think the idea is that chopping their head off is quite a bit faster than chewing through it and thus a lot more humane. That said, I did not watch the video; nor am I. But, it's hard to imagine that a person can bite off a chicken's head with just one chomp.Yes , you can.

aGameOfThrones
11-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Set up a meat grinder in front of a capital building or public area and toss a bunch of live chicklets and see what happens. Youll be lucky to not get any jail time.

I haven't click the above video(served myself a little bit more chicken), but what if a big screen was put instead showing the exact same thing, still jail time?

Philhelm
11-29-2012, 12:35 PM
I must admit that fear makes the meat taste all the sweeter.

AGRP
11-29-2012, 12:39 PM
double post

AGRP
11-29-2012, 12:39 PM
triple post

AGRP
11-29-2012, 12:41 PM
I haven't click the above video(served myself a little bit more chicken), but what if a big screen was put instead showing the exact same thing, still jail time?

I think the point is that the mistreatment of animals is 100% ok if you make a business out of it, give a cut of your profits to the government, and/or lobby for favors. But, of course the PETA types just about always happen to be the types who defend the system.

aGameOfThrones
11-29-2012, 12:46 PM

The guy in the OP is worst.

QuickZ06
11-29-2012, 12:47 PM
And this is why you don't drink Keystone. Craft beer FTW!