PDA

View Full Version : "SOPA Author Recommended As Chairman Of Science, Space, And Tech Committee"

sailingaway
11-28-2012, 10:23 PM
http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-11/sopa-author-recommended-chairman-science-space-and-tech-committee

Natural Citizen
11-28-2012, 10:34 PM
This is a really, really, really big ball of wax. Probably going to get spun 100 ways from Tuesday from the general public too. This is why we need a real life science thread here because when this stuff comes up the worst thing to do is place it into general political speak. There is a divide within the science(genuine science) and political landscapes that don't stand much of a chance to remain that way and isn't practical to really introduce a coming undevide from a political discussion only. Especially when the majority of average joe's don't really grasp the once over. Most are kind of still stuck on the redundancy of the actual shortcomings produced at the hand of the politics. The Anarchist/IP thread is a prime example (although there are also some others) where some folks are way content to hang out on the 1st floor of the long stairway headed up. What they need to do is jump off, hop into the elevator and get back on the steps back here which is about halfway to the top of the house. But they won't. So change will pass them by as a generation fades to the next. They won't see it. Not one bit of it. And...SA...this is exactly why I scribbled what I scribbled in the Obama twitter thread.

This is the only area of government in which there has been complee bipartisanship. That's important. Really.

HOLLYWOOD
11-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Lamar Smith was not very popular with the Internet a while back. The GOP congressman from Texas sponsored the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)well imagine that... :rolleyes:

SHADOW GOVERMENT of EVIL: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/interactive/2011/06/shadow-congress-2011-update.php

More Washington DC prostitute scum that grabs another job in the afterlife of selling out, all in one way or another to ripoff the people in the long run. They always seem to be rewarded in stealing from others.

The culture of this country has been destroyed by politicians in Washington DC... corruption at all levels of government

I presume we rally the troops once again on social media to expose and put this snake in the cesspool with dozens other like; Phil Gramm, Judd Gregg, Chris Dodd, Rick Santorum, Noot Gingrich.

http://sumpton.com/sites/default/files/styles/480b/public/field/image/what_is_2plus2_800x903.jpg

itshappening
11-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Surprise! Bad people are chairmen. Most have them have been there forever and that's why they're chairmen.

sailingaway
11-29-2012, 10:47 AM
This is a really, really, really big ball of wax. Probably going to get spun 100 ways from Tuesday from the general public too. This is why we need a real life science thread here because when this stuff comes up the worst thing to do is place it into general political speak. There is a divide within the science(genuine science) and political landscapes that don't stand much of a chance to remain that way and isn't practical to really introduce a coming undevide from a political discussion only. Especially when the majority of average joe's don't really grasp the once over. Most are kind of still stuck on the redundancy of the actual shortcomings produced at the hand of the politics. The Anarchist/IP thread is a prime example (although there are also some others) where some folks are way content to hang out on the 1st floor of the long stairway headed up. What they need to do is jump off, hop into the elevator and get back on the steps back here which is about halfway to the top of the house. But they won't. So change will pass them by as a generation fades to the next. They won't see it. Not one bit of it. And...SA...this is exactly why I scribbled what I scribbled in the Obama twitter thread.

This is the only area of government in which there has been complee bipartisanship. That's important. Really.

Yeah, we saw that in the global warming debate.

I agree there is such a thing as real science but I question whether it can exist, without political bias, when funded by government.

Natural Citizen
11-29-2012, 07:30 PM
I agree there is such a thing as real science but I question whether it can exist, without political bias, when funded by government.

Well, heck. Everyone does. Geopolitical infrastructure of it all is/has been set up in a manner that defaults to that specific public perception. It's called engineering the terms of controversy. Science won't change that set of married ideas/questions. Scientists will. NASA and private space sector have climbed over a new horizon and both have specific roles to play moving forward and it's true that chaos is often a valuable means of order. Is unfortunate sometimes but we should expect that babies kick and scream if we pull them from the candy store. It's only when they see for themselves that the next stop is the toy store that they're all shits and giggles again. No itinerary on that trip. Just have to kind of hop on the bus and go for a ride.