PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Central Louisiana RON PAUL Meet-up Group!

torchbearer
11-20-2007, 09:42 PM
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1334/

torchbearer
11-22-2007, 08:37 PM
13 People in the first day... there are a least 70 others looking....come on louisiana!

Sandra
11-23-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm in. Since there is no centralized group in these meetup things, could this be it?

torchbearer
11-23-2007, 06:34 PM
I think this guy steve has created a centralized group..but i'm not sure..
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1210/

We can facilitate confederation if no one is doing this yet...
Your direction is needed, i'm not sure what the above group is and what its suppose to be doing.

Sandra
11-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Lots of problems plague the Louisiana groups. 1: RP groups have different focal pouints - 9-11 or what have you. 2. The meetup.com site is pretty pricey considering this is coming from a grassroots level. 3.About 50% of volunteers that are virilant supporters of RP aren't even registered to vote themselves. That last one confuses and scares the begeesus out of me. And all they want to do is stand at intersections with handmade signs and shout slogans almost as if to be trendy social activists. We can't convince them to reister to vote even though we have the forms.

torchbearer
11-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Lots of problems plague the Louisiana groups. 1: RP groups have different focal pouints - 9-11 or what have you. 2. The meetup.com site is pretty pricey considering this is coming from a grassroots level. 3.About 50% of volunteers that are virilant supporters of RP aren't even registered to vote themselves. That last one confuses and scares the begeesus out of me. And all they want to do is stand at intersections with handmade signs and shout slogans almost as if to be trendy social activists. We can't convince them to reister to vote even though we have the forms.

If they don't vote, they don't count. I consider them no better than my enemy because they aid my enemy by not voting.

Our meet-up has just started... but there will be no 9-11 crap., I've ran for office several times, I'm the former vice-chair of the libertarian party of louisiana... trust me, there will be no foolishness in my meet-up group.

Hopefully these people will end up filling staff positions on my congressional campaign. This meet-up will be goal oriented and productive. Anyone else, with other agendas will be asked to leave.

Sandra
11-24-2007, 11:17 AM
I believe I will have to ask for voters reg. card. I see other groups doing it too.

jenninlouisiana
11-24-2007, 03:39 PM
We're all linked. The Alabama State Chairman of the RP campagin contacted me (he's also the southeast regional director) through meetup.com and worked with me on a game plan for the Alex meetup. I have been getting plenty of e-mails today from other Louisiana meetups. I'm in for the conference call tomorrow night at 7 p.m. about the campaign and delegates.

I haven't seen one reference to 9/11 on any of the Louisiana meetups. I also joined the NOLA meet up to keep up with them since I also have a house in the New Orleans area. The meetup prices are no concern to me... I have the resources to keep the Alex one running as long as needed.

We're cool.

torchbearer
11-24-2007, 03:57 PM
We're all linked. The Alabama State Chairman of the RP campagin contacted me (he's also the southeast regional director) through meetup.com and worked with me on a game plan for the Alex meetup. I have been getting plenty of e-mails today from other Louisiana meetups. I'm in for the conference call tomorrow night at 7 p.m. about the campaign and delegates.

I haven't seen one reference to 9/11 on any of the Louisiana meetups. I also joined the NOLA meet up to keep up with them since I also have a house in the New Orleans area. The meetup prices are no concern to me... I have the resources to keep the Alex one running as long as needed.

We're cool.

You are awesome! We will be able to do great things in our state with activist like you!