PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE, EVERYONE READ, we must stay together, focus on 16th

nyrgoal99
11-20-2007, 09:40 PM
We will stay for December 16th, and we should have another bomb in early January, so that the campaign has about 3 weeks to use the money for Super Tuesday.

The campaign has 8 million dollars still in cash, and will use that up. The cash on the 16th will carry us through the first few states. A bomb early in January will carry us through to Super Tuesday.

I have hear currently Ron Paul signs and such are all over NH. We are doing a great job.

Honestly, everyone knows money wont help us that much, we need BOMBS to get the media and normal people to take notice. It worked once with 4 million, we need to get the next one to 10 million.

STAY THE COURSE

RPinSEAZ
11-20-2007, 09:42 PM
How many threads is this for you pushing the 16th? People will do what they do. Keep working on your local grassroots stuff and don't worry about what other people do with their money.

nyrgoal99
11-20-2007, 09:45 PM
How many threads is this for you pushing the 16th? People will do what they do. Keep working on your local grassroots stuff and don't worry about what other people do with their money.

All of a sudden we became divided. We need to get back to the 16th campaign, and only that.

heiwa
11-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Honestly, everyone knows money wont help us that much, we need BOMBS to get the media and normal people to take notice. It worked once with 4 million, we need to get the next one to 10 million.

I certainly understand your enthusiasm for the 16th. I'm pretty excited myself.

However, in the end, it really is mostly about money and getting votes.

Think of it this way: Advertising comes at 3 levels:

1 - National
2 - Local
3 - person to person.

I don't think anyone would disagree that person to person is the most effective strategy to convert people into Ron Paul supporters. The second most effective is local and repeated advertising. The third is national news.

Raising money now means that the campaign can advertise at the local level, which is more effective and of longer duration than a one time money bomb. The bomb is just that - a big blast that is over quickly. We know from advertising that to really get the message across, a person must be exposed to the message many times, so local advertising is really important.

The money bomb is also excellent, because it draws people to the cause. However, in this instance, I believe the campaign has a better handle on what is necessary to win than any of us.

On a side note, I don't understand why this is being endlessly discussed. We all have brains - donate when you can and as often as you can!

In Peace,
Jen

ronpaulfan
11-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Diminishing returns

There will be no difference in media coverage between raising 10 million or 12 million on December 16th. If Dr. Paul's campaign needs 2 million now, lets help them out :)

UtahApocalypse
11-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Do What The Campaign Asks Of Us. Thats What We Need To Be Doing. Not Trying To Second Guess Them.

nyrgoal99
11-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I disagree

We went from 2-3% in the polls to 8% was because of the money bomb, and also the advertising. However, the money bomb is getting us recognized all over the nation. We need the national attention. If we do not break 4.3 million, it will be bad.

curtisag
11-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Nobody is saying we're not going to donate on the 16th. All we're saying is, 25 days is a long time, and why don't we donate some money right now? We can donate again a month from now and we will. We will raise at least 6 million on the 16th, so don't worry. There is room for the 16th and raising money between now and the tea party. So chill out.

gworrel
11-20-2007, 09:57 PM
We will stay for December 16th, and we should have another bomb in early January, so that the campaign has about 3 weeks to use the money for Super Tuesday.

The campaign has 8 million dollars still in cash, and will use that up. The cash on the 16th will carry us through the first few states. A bomb early in January will carry us through to Super Tuesday.

I have hear currently Ron Paul signs and such are all over NH. We are doing a great job.

STAY THE COURSE

Haven't I heard that "stay the course" somewhere. I didn't agree with it then either. The campaign has let us know that they need more money now to win the nomination. Why do you insist that they do not know what they are talking about?

We in the grassroots should be supporting the message of the campaign and responding to requests for help. To assume that we know better than Ron Paul and his assistants how to win this is the ultimate in arrogance.

If the campaign says they need money now for advertising then we have no reason to doubt it. The campaign strategists are no doubt aware of the Tea Party and it seems that they started thinking that raising a lot of money on December 16th is all well and good but it is too late. There have been a few people making the same argument in these forums for the last couple of weeks so it should come as no surprise to anyone.

Timing is everything and advertising takes weeks to be effective and there is not enough time between December 16th and the first primaries.

Menthol Patch
11-20-2007, 09:58 PM

STAY THE COURSE

The Nov 16th money bomb will be TOO LATE for the first few states such as Iowa and New Hampshire. We MUST win those states if we are to win the nomination. That is why we need to all donate NOW and donate at the Tea Party!

davidhperry
11-20-2007, 10:01 PM
nyrgoal99, I honestly believe that the 16th will be a huge day - much bigger than the last. We still have 25 days left to go and already have 18,000+ signed up. That's a pretty big head start compared with Nov. 5th.

Once we get past this initial push, people will be rallying around the 16th again.