PDA

View Full Version : Preliminary Gun/Rifle Ban List Possibly Leaked

AuH20
11-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Hopefully, this isn't accurate or those donkeys are going for the full forearm up our collective orifice.

http://redflagnews.com/opinion/obamas-gun-ban-list-is-out-by-alan-korwin

AGRP
11-28-2012, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GwIbyp4xBU

Cody1
11-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Just a general question here. Given the amount of weapons in circulation here at home and history that we as Americans have with such weapons. How do you guys think a full on tyrannical weapon ban/confiscation program would go down? I personally own two firearms and am on the verge of getting my hands on a third one. Do ya'll think they will keep legislating against ammo as a roundabout way of doing things?

Anti Federalist
11-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Just a general question here. Given the amount of weapons in circulation here at home and history that we as Americans have with such weapons. How do you guys think a full on tyrannical weapon ban/confiscation program would go down? I personally own two firearms and am on the verge of getting my hands on a third one. Do ya'll think they will keep legislating against ammo as a roundabout way of doing things?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?396770-Here%E2%80%99s-How-it-Will-be-Done%E2%80%A6

Dr.3D
11-28-2012, 09:45 PM
In Mexico, they just controlled the ammo. It got harder and harder to get ammunition. Of course there are those who reload and I don't know how long one can do that without access to powder, brass, caps and lead.

Anti Federalist
11-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will: Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any “semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General.”

Note that Obama’s pick for this office, Eric Holder, wrote a brief in the Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearm in your own home. In making this determination, the bill says, “there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.” In plain English this means that ANY firearm ever obtained by federal officers or the military is not suitable for the public.

The last part is particularly clever, stating that a firearm doesn’t have a sporting purpose just because it can be used for sporting purpose — is that devious or what? And of course, “sporting purpose” is a rights infringement with no constitutional or historical support whatsoever, invented by domestic enemies of the right to keep and bear arms to further their cause of disarming the innocent.

Respectfully submitted, Alan Korwin, Author Gun Laws of America

http://www.gunlaws.com/gloa.htm

Cody1
11-28-2012, 09:55 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?396770-Here%E2%80%99s-How-it-Will-be-Done%E2%80%A6

Thanks AF, that's what I was thinking about.

The feds will most likely have to pry my human rights protection devices "incrementally" from my cold, dead hands.

AFPVet
11-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Ice T nailed it right there... the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting.

sparebulb
11-28-2012, 10:04 PM
There will never be a gun ban or gun confiscation in the US.

/s

ghengis86
11-28-2012, 10:05 PM

it will be called something else

Confederate
11-28-2012, 10:26 PM
In Mexico, they just controlled the ammo. It got harder and harder to get ammunition. Of course there are those who reload and I don't know how long one can do that without access to powder, brass, caps and lead.

Mexico controls calibers, not just of ammo but of any weapon that uses "military" calibers. Basically any pistol in a caliber larger than .38 Auto is "military only" and any rifle round larger than .223 is "military only."

Jail time for having a "military only" caliber firearm is 7-30 years.

What they did in Mexico is shut down every single gun dealer in the country. You can only buy guns and ammo in one place now, at the Ministry of Defense's gun shop located on the main army base in Mexico City. There are also restrictions on how much ammo you can buy. I believe it is currently 500 rounds of .22LR per month. The worst part is, you can only buy the guns they have in stock and their selection really sucks. Oh and you can only legally own a certain amount of guns, I believe it's 1 pistol and 9 rifles. Oh and every firearm must be registered and you need approval to even buy it...and after you buy it there's not guarantee your registration will be approved. Oh and carry licenses are pretty much impossible to get.

Origanalist
11-28-2012, 10:33 PM
it will be called something else

The National Safety from Firearms Initiative

anaconda
11-29-2012, 12:05 AM

There's already been both.

anaconda
11-29-2012, 12:06 AM
The National Safety from Firearms Initiative

The Patriot Disarmament Act.

JK/SEA
11-29-2012, 12:12 AM
hope and pray this doesn't come to pass.

Keith and stuff
11-29-2012, 12:15 AM

I don't know what will happen but certainly the vast majority of adults in the US are in favor of citizens owning guns including almost all politicians. Things may change but it will certainly happen after I die.

pacelli
11-29-2012, 06:33 AM
hope the NRA doesn't fuck over its membership again, like they did during the clinton years.

nonetheless, buy more ammunition.

MikeStanart
11-29-2012, 07:33 AM
Oh, FFS I was hoping the gun hype would die down & ammo prices would drop a little bit.

Here comes the x400% increase.

MikeStanart
11-29-2012, 07:33 AM
Oh, FFS I was hoping the gun hype would die down & ammo prices would drop a little bit.

Here comes the x400% increase.

Pericles
11-29-2012, 09:20 AM
If they just let me know when they will be stopping by, I'll be sure to have my guns ready for them.;)

tangent4ronpaul
11-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Mexico controls calibers, not just of ammo but of any weapon that uses "military" calibers. Basically any pistol in a caliber larger than .38 Auto is "military only" and any rifle round larger than .223 is "military only."

What they did in Mexico is shut down every single gun dealer in the country. You can only buy guns and ammo in one place now, at the Ministry of Defense's gun shop located on the main army base in Mexico City. There are also restrictions on how much ammo you can buy. I believe it is currently 500 rounds of .22LR per month. The worst part is, you can only buy the guns they have in stock and their selection really sucks. Oh and you can only legally own a certain amount of guns, I believe it's 1 pistol and 9 rifles. Oh and every firearm must be registered and you need approval to even buy it...and after you buy it there's not guarantee your registration will be approved. Oh and carry licenses are pretty much impossible to get.

Just look at how effective these policies have been on our southern border... :rolleyes:

Oh, and while the feds have been quite successful at arming the cartels, don't forget that they get their RPG's, explosives, grenades, etc by importing them from South America. Think of the business opportunities a gun ban would produce! :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ptFVq22PY&feature=player_embedded

-t

tangent4ronpaul
11-29-2012, 10:01 AM
If they just let me know when they will be stopping by, I'll be sure to have my guns ready for them.;)

Oh, hi 911 - yeah, I'd like to order a new semi-auto pistol and a shotgun or AR. Yes, this is for delivery. Tell the blue meanie to bring extra ammo - you guys never carry enough whenever I jump one of you... :rolleyes:

-t

Dr.3D
11-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Oh, hi 911 - yeah, I'd like to order a new semi-auto pistol and a shotgun or AR. Yes, this is for delivery. Tell the blue meanie to bring extra ammo - you guys never carry enough whenever I jump one of you... :rolleyes:

-t
Heck, they will probably oblige you with a fully auto AR.

AFPVet
11-29-2012, 11:55 AM

Yup... and it's worked great at preventing cartels from using AK-47s to mow down enemies. Gun laws don't work... it doesn't matter if the penalty for owning a gun is death... people are still going to do what they are going to do... you can't stop that with a law.