PDA

View Full Version : Wait until Dec 16th vs Donate Now

James R
11-20-2007, 09:40 PM
The case for waiting: On Dec16th we get about $20 million worth of free press plus millions in campaign funds.

The case for donating now: We get a few million over the next month, $3 million maybe, because most people won't donate now. Then we get another $4 million on Dec 16th and then a few bucks in free press.

I'm fine with donating now on top of what is already guaranteed and pre-planned for the 16th. But as for donating now instead of the 16th that is a big mistake.

centure7
11-20-2007, 09:54 PM
The case for waiting: On Dec16th we get about $20 million worth of free press plus millions in campaign funds.

The case for donating now: We get a few million over the next month, $3 million maybe, because most people won't donate now. Then we get another $4 million on Dec 16th and then a few bucks in free press.

I'm fine with donating now on top of what is already guaranteed and pre-planned for the 16th. But as for donating now instead of the 16th that is a big mistake.

Agreed, but I hope the mods move the Dec 16th related threads to the Dec 16th section.

yoshimaroka
11-20-2007, 09:56 PM

I've already mentioned this before:

The radio and tv ads prior to the 5th pushed Ron's polling percentage up 3-5% in NH.
The headlines from November 5th hasn't affected the percentages nearly as much.
Radio/TV ads are the most important and the campaign needs to buy space for them ASAP.

Do both

James R
11-20-2007, 10:10 PM
I've already mentioned this before:

The radio and tv ads prior to the 5th pushed Ron's polling percentage up 3-5% in NH.
The headlines from November 5th hasn't affected the percentages nearly as much.
Radio/TV ads are the most important and the campaign needs to buy space for them ASAP.

Do both

I didn't actually believe that when I read it, but then I went to
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-192.html
Which shows that the day before Nov 5th, CNN polled Ron Paul at 5% nation-wide. So I do see your point on that. But I still don't think the date should be officially moved because many people will donate during a record-breaking money-bomb that will otherwise not donate.