PDA

View Full Version : Flawed Donation Strategy. Campaign is right. NEW $250,000.00 Daily Goal

BrazilLuLa
11-20-2007, 09:30 PM
November 5 ended up being pivotal for Ron Paul's campaign, and we here at the forums have a lot to be proud of. Being of limited funds, I gave 15$ that day and was proud to be part of it.

That being said, December 16 is too late to donate the funds. So if don't want to make the Paul campaign turn on their own monetary philosophy and borrow in order to inundate OH and NH with advertisements during the critical four weeks before voting, it's best to move up your donation to a closer date.

I'm sure no matter how much detractors of the Tea Party, such as myself, point out how illogical it is to give later rather than sooner - the Tea Party will still be a huge success and contribute mightily to Ron Paul's campaign IF, AND ONLY IF he performs well in New Hampshire and Iowa.

Right now we should be focusing our attention completely on winning New Hampshire and/or Iowa. Voters are not persuaded by how much money a candidate gets on any one day, although it may tip off voters that Candidate Ron Paul exists. Voters will only persuaded by the message that is delivered on the TV and Radio. That means the money needs to be received early, in order for it's full potential to be realized. Remember, Money represents the potential of persuasion, but advertising is the basis of persuasion.

The real goal of these forums should be to donate "$X.XX" EVERYDAY until the TeaParty. Remember the Boston Tea Party wasn't a random act of rebellion. It was a defining statement after many other protestations. Therefore, from now on everyday must bring in large donations if Paul is going to maximize his chances Anyday that comes in below $100,000 due to supporters deferring payments until the 16th is hurting Ron Paul's chances rather than helping them. That's a fact.

Therefore this poster recommends that the new goal be $250,000.00 EVERYDAY until Dec. 16. On December 16, many will pour it on - but it better not be at the expense of a drop-off of donations over the next few weeks.

It's time to accept a flawed strategy and correct course. If you guys can successfully implement this new way of thinking, you will once again blow me away in your ability to respond to needs as they arise. You guys are smart and decisive - let's do it.

250,000 a day. Or Bust.

Menthol Patch
11-20-2007, 09:30 PM
I agree that we should go crazy to support Ron Paul RIGHT NOW!

However, at the same time we need to push the Tea Party as much as possible!

The fact is we can raise millions now and still have an amazingly successful Tea Party!

hawkeyenick
11-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Dupe

hawkeyenick
11-20-2007, 09:32 PM
November 5 ended up being pivotal for Ron Paul's campaign, and we here at the forums have a lot to be proud of. Being of limited funds, I gave 15$ that day and was proud to be part of it.

That being said, December 16 is too late to donate the funds. So if don't want to make the Paul campaign turn on their own monetary philosophy and borrow in order to inundate OH and NH with advertisements during the critical four weeks before voting, it's best to move up your donation to a closer date.

I'm sure no matter how much detractors of the Tea Party, such as myself, point out how illogical it is to give later rather than sooner - the Tea Party will still be a huge success and contribute mightily to Ron Paul's campaign IF, AND ONLY IF he performs well in New Hampshire and Iowa.

Right now we should be focusing our attention completely on winning New Hampshire and/or Iowa. Voters are not persuaded by how much money a candidate gets on any one day, although it may tip off voters that Candidate Ron Paul exists. Voters will only persuaded by the message that is delivered on the TV and Radio. That means the money needs to be received early, in order for it's full potential to be realized. Remember, Money represents the potential of persuasion, but advertising is the basis of persuasion.

The real goal of these forums should be to donate "$X.XX" EVERYDAY until the TeaParty. Remember the Boston Tea Party wasn't a random act of rebellion. It was a defining statement after many other protestations. Therefore, from now on everyday must bring in large donations if Paul is going to maximize his chances Anyday that comes in below $100,000 due to supporters deferring payments until the 16th is hurting Ron Paul's chances rather than helping them. That's a fact.

Therefore this poster recommends that the new goal be $250,000.00 EVERYDAY until Dec. 16. On December 16, many will pour it on - but it better not be at the expense of a drop-off of donations over the next few weeks.

It's time to accept a flawed strategy and correct course. If you guys can successfully implement this new way of thinking, you will once again blow me away in your ability to respond to needs as they arise. You guys are smart and decisive - let's do it.

250,000 a day. Or Bust.

The problem with that is that people will max out, and they can only give so much anyway.

We want headlines, dollars only do us so much. Headlines give us a name with the general public.

People REALLY need to stop with these new ideas, it's splitting our support.

Austin
I don't think it works that way. When people get word that there have been 2 or 3 million in donations in one day, they want to be a part of that. If we are getting 250k a day (or trying to, rather) we will actually end up with less money and less media attention than with a large single donation day.

Richandler
While I don't know if we can do 250,000 a day I think the campaign should have a fill the meter type thing to get to 10 million by the end of this month. If we do we would be well on pace for 15 million by the end of the quarter. There is no reason that Tea Party 07 still can't be a surge for the last two weeks.

Publicity for a single day fund raiser has reach as many people as it possibly could. I don't think there are many more people who can hear about this. We would just be pandering the same audience with another single day raiser. People are still talking about $4.2 today. We need campaign money. Publicity won't help, the campiagn convincing people why they should vote for Paul will.

LibertyEagle
11-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Alex Jones and Ron Paul - A winning combination!

http://www.prisonplanet.com - http://www.teaparty07.com

Who's God?
You know when you close your eyes and wish real hard for something?
Yea?!
God's the guy that ignores you!

With this kind of utter BS from you two in your sigs, I just wonder how many people you will run off? Do you have a number in mind? Just curious? :mad: :mad:

Menthol Patch
11-20-2007, 09:34 PM
A couple weeks ago only 2% of supporters were maxed out. Probably, that number is only 3% right now. There are tons and tons of people that can donate much more! Also, there are many supporters who have not donated! Remember, we had 20,000 first time contributors on Nov. 5th and they can donate again! Since then we have gained even MORE new supporters!

I really think that we can go all out to both raise money for Ron Paul now and at the Tea Party. The fact is that we will simply all have to SACRIFICE to do both. But we can do it if we are serious about freedom, liberty, and small government!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
11-20-2007, 09:34 PM
250,000 a day. Or Bust.

I say $250,000 a day, and $10MILLION on DEC 16th. :)

yoshimaroka
11-20-2007, 09:36 PM
We want headlines, dollars only do us so much. Headlines give us a name with the general public..

The radio and tv ads pushed polling percentage up 3-5% in NH.
The headlines from November 5th hasn't affected the percentages nearly as much.
Radio/TV ads are the most important and the campaign needs to buy space for them ASAP.

Do both

TechnoGuyRob
11-20-2007, 09:38 PM
The real goal of these forums should be to donate "$X.XX" EVERYDAY until the TeaParty.

Bad idea. Paypal takes $0.30 and a percentage of each transaction.

tmg19103
11-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Give what you can now - give EVERYTHING you can on the 16th.

Keep it simple. If you will have X dollars to give over the next three weeks, give $100 plus on the 16th and divide the rest over the upcoming weeks before the 16th and give it each week.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
11-20-2007, 09:39 PM
hmmmm

I am going to do both. $100 reserved for Dec 16th. $25 a week for the next 3 weeks. Plus, a few sign parties for good measure :D

promagma
11-20-2007, 09:41 PM
When the other candidates have a "money bomb", we need to use that an excuse to donate a little to RP. We might not always "win", but it will be fun, like today.

Upcoming money bombs:

Fred Thompson 2007-11-21
Mitt Romney 2007-12-07

Devil_rules_in_extremes
11-20-2007, 09:41 PM
hmmmm

I am going to do both. $100 reserved for Dec 16th. $25 a week for the next 3 weeks. Plus, a few sign parties for good measure :D

That's what I'm doing. I'm donating now, and once every week all the way up to the DEC 16th Tea-Party.

This is fairly simple people. JUST DO BOTH! Donate now, and donate on the 16th. All this fuss about moving the date of the teaparty, and getting mad over the campaign donation E-mail really isn't neccessary.

Just donate now, and donate on Dec. 16.

argounova
11-20-2007, 09:44 PM
With this kind of utter BS from you two in your sigs, I just wonder how many people you will run off? Do you have a number in mind? Just curious? :mad: :mad:

i LOLed at the god sig... stop being a fussbutt. if someone is interested enough in what ron paul has to say that they will visit and scour the forums, im sure some signature of some random guy will not freak them out. maybe if ron paul said that, but he didn't.

1st amendment support right hea'

Original_Intent
This has already been said 1000 times in twenty different threads today. What are you saying that is so unique that it needed a new thread?

Nothing?

Didn't think so.thanks for playing.

BrazilLuLa
I don't want to be divisive. The 250,000 dollar idea is only that - an idea.

I just think we should motivate people to give earlier than the 16th. If that means a last-minute money bomb in later November - so be it.

The point is the campaign is right when it says money now is better than money later. They are going to pre-pay their advertising and they are not going to take out loans - this IS the RON PAUL campaign afterall.

The Tea Party will be grand - trust me. We just need more incentive and motivation to donate now. I'm ready to be motivated - so motivate me with a plan of action if you don't like the 250K goal.

Dave

Matthew Zak
11-20-2007, 09:46 PM
We will never match the top tier candidates in fund raising over the long haul. What we have that others don't, however, is:

1. A grassroots effort that is responsible for plugs in the media, including the Liberty Dollar, and The USA Today. The campaign didn't have to spend any funds on these events.

2. The November 5th money bomb.

3. The Constitution.

Donate if you have it, but continue to inform new recruits about December 16th. We need to have that money bomb.

BrazilLuLa
11-20-2007, 09:48 PM
There's really no need to use this type of language. Let's be as civil and professional as possible. It's practical to use appropriate language with each other and carry that over into marketing Ron Paul to those around us.

JoeH
11-20-2007, 09:50 PM

250,000 a day. Or Bust.

Sounds like something george bush would come up with.

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. No need to rehash whats already been pointed, but incase you missed the big point:

Raising 4.3 million in 24 hours netted us over 30 million in FREE advertising. 250k a day will net us a 5 second after thought mention on tucker.

Sorry but if you only have a certain amount to give and can't do anymore it's much better to do it on Dec. 16th.

I've donated on off days a few times, but I am making a statement by donating on the 16th.. just like I made on the 5th... it's a resounding f-u to the government.

I don't get that same satisfaction any other day. So much the better if it also is a bigger boost to the campaign.

Corydoras
11-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Don't be afraid to ask your "converts" to donate. We need new donors.

BrazilLuLa
11-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Donations are not a boost to the campaign if they can't put Ron over the top in NH and Iowa.

Another large donation day isn't going to compare to an early win.

Libertarian
11-20-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm poor, but going to try to donate $11.11 per day from now till the TeaParty...It feels good to change the total by 4 decimal places.

On Tea Party day, I'm going to make it 5 decimals...$111.11 ;)

davidhperry
11-20-2007, 09:56 PM
When the other candidates have a "money bomb", we need to use that an excuse to donate a little to RP. We might not always "win", but it will be fun, like today.

Upcoming money bombs:

Fred Thompson 2007-11-21
Mitt Romney 2007-12-07

I think we should challenge the Obama people to a one-day fundraising duel. I don't want to encourage other Republican campaigns to raise any more money than they have - they could use it against us. On the other hand, if we battle with Obama, he's just raising money to use against the democrats, which indirectly helps us.

Their first money bomb was on Nov 15th and it didn't go so well. We should try to get them to organize another one on Dec. 16th. Then we can see who raises more money.

Let the other GOP fundraisers wither on the vine like their campaigns. :)

progrock
11-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Bad idea. Paypal takes $0.30 and a percentage of each transaction.

don't use paypal. use a debit card

Paul4Prez
11-20-2007, 09:59 PM
We will never match the top tier candidates in fund raising over the long haul.

As it stands now, I would be greatly surprised if Ron Paul is NOT the leading Republican fundraiser in the fourth quarter. Giuliani led the third quarter with what, $12 million? All the big donor guys for Giuliani, Thompson, McCain, and Romney are tapped out, and they have no grassroots network to draw on (at least not like ours.)

If we get to $10 million by the end of November, raise another $3 million baseline in December, and break $7 million on the 16th, Ron Paul will be looking at a $20 million quarter.

dircha
11-20-2007, 10:04 PM
If you guys can successfully implement this new way of thinking, you will once again blow me away in your ability to respond to needs as they arise. You guys are smart and decisive - let's do it.

Pander, much?

Paul4Prez
11-20-2007, 10:04 PM
I like the original poster's daily goal idea, but I would set it at a more achievable $100,000 per day. Any day that doesn't look like it's on pace for that -- BAM: Ron Paul supporters take it over the top that evening.

The way to meet the short term needs of the campaign and still have a monster Tea Party is to sign up new people -- most Ron Paul supporters haven't given a dime yet, assuming he's at 5% in the polls, that's about 5 million people.

Original_Intent
11-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Donations are not a boost to the campaign if they can't put Ron over the top in NH and Iowa.

Another large donation day isn't going to compare to an early win.

OK let me break it down for you.

I agree SOME donating between now and the 16th is a good idea.

But, if we have a huge day on the 16th (like 8-10 million) we are going to get many millions worth of free advertising TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE FIRST PRIMARY!

What does 250K per day get us? Well first, we are not going to raise1 million every 4 days starting now any way you slice it. Today was a huge day and we are around that.

Second, you totally deflate the TeaParty (assuming everyone was stupid enough to buy into this idea, which thank heavens they aren't). Zero free press, but hooray you may have raised another 4 million by then WHICH THEY WOULD GET THAT DAY ANYWAY AND THEN SOME.

So I am sorry if I am coming off a bit cranky. I am all for the donations today and I am all for people giving whenever they want, but I am tired of twenty+ people feeling they need to propose their latest greatest idea, in their own separate thread, no less, and that late great idea that they are so amazed that they have to share it is "GIVE LOTS OF MONEY EVERYBODY! HOORAY FOR MY GREAT IDEA!"

AlexMerced
11-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Let's just hit the the 12 mil goal and then return to the teaparty

kotetu
11-20-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm putting in $50 a day between now and the 16th, and will max out on the 16th. That will be $650 or so.

I say we all go for it! if each of the 90k donators put in $2.50 a day, that's only $75 a month, and gets us there! Also, that means you could save $7.50 each day before the 16th. That would be another $195 to put in for the tea party. Imagine $5,850,000 goes in between now and the 16th, and another $17,550,000 on the 16th? it only takes $10 a day from 90k people who have already decided to support Ron Paul... :D

Here's the 3 day graph:
http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/yesterday_vs_today_line.png

Sematary
11-20-2007, 11:41 PM

250,000 a day. Or Bust.

You are mistaken about the money not attracting votes. There are even people on these forums, today, who began to take Dr. Paul seriously AFTER Nov 5 BECAUSE of the numbers. Don't underestimate the power of the $$$ when it comes to attracting voters. In many cases people will identify with a candidate but won't consider voting for him until he shows them the money (which gives that candidate legitimacy in their eyes)

Midnight77
11-20-2007, 11:47 PM
I think we need 2 money bombs. The Tea Party can not be abandoned. There's been too much press on it.

But the campaign needs money now, they say, in order to win New Hampshire and Iowa. By having another money bomb set for December 1st, that will give us even more publicity to get people talking ... and more time to place the ads and actually let the ads circulate.

As much as I want to beat Hillary's single fund raising day record, we need to realize that we need to win the nomination.

We need 2 money bombs. I am proposing 1 on the 1st and another one on the 16th.

hawkeyenick
11-20-2007, 11:49 PM
I think we need 2 money bombs. The Tea Party can not be abandoned. There's been too much press on it.

But the campaign needs money now, they say, in order to win New Hampshire and Iowa. By having another money bomb set for December 1st, that will give us even more publicity to get people talking ... and more time to place the ads and actually let the ads circulate.

As much as I want to beat Hillary's single fund raising day record, we need to realize that we need to win the nomination.

We need 2 money bombs. I am proposing 1 on the 1st and another one on the 16th.

no, bad idea, hillary is the goal

just stay slow and steady until then, the usatoday ad will be sure to raise some eyebrows

synthetic
11-20-2007, 11:53 PM
December 16th was a bad idea from the start. Everyone saw the donations dry up leading to the 5th, the same was bound to happen this time. The difference is this has almost twice the lead time as the 5th did. Thats twice as long with minimal donations.

Second, its Christmas 9 days later. How much can people be expected to donate when they have entire families to buy gifts for just over a week later?

If egos insist the money bomb happens anyway it should at least be moved up sooner. Even a November 30 bomb gives more than a weeks notice to everyone and gets the cash to the campaign 2 weeks sooner.

hawkeyenick
11-20-2007, 11:54 PM
December 16th was a bad idea from the start. Everyone saw the donations dry up leading to the 5th, the same was bound to happen this time. The difference is this has almost twice the lead time as the 5th did. Thats twice as long with minimal donations.

Second, its Christmas 9 days later. How much can people be expected to donate when they have entire families to buy gifts for just over a week later?

If egos insist the money bomb happens anyway it should at least be moved up sooner. Even a November 30 bomb gives more than a weeks notice to everyone and gets the cash to the campaign 2 weeks sooner.

egos? it's called marketing my uneducated friend. drying up donations isn't bad, it's all made up in one day

slow and steady will only get us recognition at the end of the quarter...we need solid headlines. slow and steady doesn't do that

synthetic
11-20-2007, 11:58 PM
egos? it's called marketing my uneducated friend. drying up donations isn't bad, it's all made up in one day

slow and steady will only get us recognition at the end of the quarter...we need solid headlines. slow and steady doesn't do that

Make no mistake, only ego would cause the moneybomb to happen on the 16th at this point. You've got the campaign asking for that money right now.

ssforronpaul
11-21-2007, 12:04 AM
I had heard of Paul and liked his message, honesty, etc., but I decided that Paul was a viable candidate on November 5th. Before that I was planning on voting for the one I disliked the least. But I do understand the problem with ad buying and other current expenses needing a decent flow, unlike the past week. Now I have begun convincing others, at least two so far. Thus if it was not for the money bomb I would not have thought Paul was viable.

ss

Sematary
11-21-2007, 12:07 AM

Negativity sucks. The December 16 money bomb is going to be a HUGE success, with or without you.

Sematary
11-21-2007, 12:09 AM
I had heard of Paul and liked his message, honesty, etc., but I decided that Paul was a viable candidate on November 5th. Before that I was planning on voting for the one I disliked the least. But I do understand the problem with ad buying and other current expenses needing a decent flow, unlike the past week. Now I have begun convincing others, at least two so far. Thus if it was not for the money bomb I would not have thought Paul was viable.

ss

THAT is exactly my point and you are not the first, just on these forums, to say so. Since the Teaparty money bomb is going to be so much larger, the effect should be that much better. It's amazing how much 10 mil will convince people that Dr. Paul can win - which will get their votes.

tonyTheBest
11-21-2007, 12:10 AM
I think the best way is to get new people into the campaign.

More people more money.

spivey378
11-21-2007, 12:16 AM
it is far, but whats done is done. we will be ok witht what we have, and im sure the campaign will kick us in the butt once or twice more, but we NEED to make the 16th something special.

its become its own beast, like nov 5th, but times 3. get 3 people to donate that didnt donate last time. or more.

slow and steady 25 donations once or twice a week leading up would suffice. i was even thinking of dividing the weeks up according to the letter that starts your last name to build some kind of consistancy.

dunno how we could coordinate that. maybe trevor...... i dunno

nite guys

Original_Intent
11-21-2007, 12:19 AM
Make no mistake, only ego would cause the moneybomb to happen on the 16th at this point. You've got the campaign asking for that money right now.

Tell that to llepard who layed down close to 100K of his money to run a full page ad in USATODAY tomorrow promoting Ron Paul mostly but also promoting the Tea Party.

You don't sandbag that kind of sacrifice - that is not a matter of ego that is a matter of respecting the contributions of others.

Most of the naysayers for the Tea party were also the Naysayers on the 5th.

Go back prior to the 5th and plot a line of donations trends. Do the same after the 5th (be sure to include the aftershocks of the day after the 5th and november 11th, as they were direct results of the 5th.

If you cannot do the math and then just eat crow and say "I was wrong then I am probably wrong now" then you are the one with the ego problem.

InTheoryTV
11-21-2007, 12:19 AM
Give some money now and give it on the 16th.

Most of us can all give a little more... eat out less, buy less crap on Black Friday, etc.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
11-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Give some money now and give it on the 16th.

Most of us can all give a little more... eat out less, buy less crap on Black Friday, etc.

Exactly! What you buy in the store is just going to China anyways! Donate to the liberty cause and help Ron Paul!

pavilion33
11-21-2007, 12:30 AM
On a T.V interview Ron Paul said some guy in Miami was behind the 11-5-07 .
Wheres this guy?Is he helping out for the teaparty?:D

Itzsoez
11-21-2007, 12:38 AM
BrazilLuLa

just stating my 2 cents.

the 3rd quarter donations are ahead of schedule. So there is NO need to change are plans now.
we are set for the 16th and we should continue on this path. I believe we will set a new record and gain more in the value of publicity and new supporters than with study daily donations!

dircha
11-21-2007, 12:47 AM
BrazilLuLa

just stating my 2 cents.

the 3rd quarter donations are ahead of schedule. So there is NO need to change are plans now.
we are set for the 16th and we should continue on this path. I believe we will set a new record and gain more in the value of publicity and new supporters than with study daily donations!

I think you should give this more thought than that. Have you read the email from the official campaign? Have you signed with the official campaign to receive emails? This directly contradicts what they told us today.

The campaign states explicitly that they will not have the money they urgently need to schedule ads for the remainder of the year unless the pace of donations significantly increases for the next 2 weeks.

They say that they expect to need to spend more than we have raised so far between 3rd and 4th quarter, within the next 2 weeks to buy and schedule ads for the remainder of the year. They need this money within the next 2 weeks.

They are asking you to contribute now. If you can contribute later as well, that is great, but they are asking you to contribute within the next 2 weeks and not wait.

Please read the email. They wouldn't have sent it if they didn't mean it.

BeFranklin
11-21-2007, 12:53 AM
We will never match the top tier candidates in fund raising over the long haul. What we have that others don't, however, is:

1. A grassroots effort that is responsible for plugs in the media, including the Liberty Dollar, and The USA Today. The campaign didn't have to spend any funds on these events.

2. The November 5th money bomb.

3. The Constitution.

Donate if you have it, but continue to inform new recruits about December 16th. We need to have that money bomb.

Sadly, this goes back to the old minimal government argument - do you take money back in a program that the government took from you originally or not. We won't. The other candidates will, and oddly enough, with our donar base being more spread out, Ron Paul's campaign would benefit the most from matching funds - up to 250 per donar.

Wonder if we can get a loan based on the amount of matching funds Ron Paul is eligible for, even though we aren't going to take it, since we are going to easily make 6mil on the teaparty day, and the 10mil if everything keeps moving forward as it is.

Itzsoez
11-21-2007, 01:05 AM
dircha

no I didn't get the memo; I'm out of the loop!

Ron Paul's main page (ronpaul2008.com) still states 12mil by dec 31st.
so what has changed?
has the 12 million dollar goal been increased?

this seems to throw a wrench into our plans.

Libertarian
11-21-2007, 01:10 AM
250,000 is too much. I say we shoot for 100k a day. That will be another 2.5 million by the time tea party rolls around.

Original_Intent
11-21-2007, 01:13 AM
Shoot for 10 million by the 16th, and then double it on the 16th.

kotetu
11-21-2007, 11:01 AM
we should shoot for 100,000 donations a day of $2.50. :) Anyone can earn $75 a month for donations right?

jd603
11-21-2007, 11:06 AM
HUH? What post, who? I disregard this post.

250,000 a day. Or Bust.

stevedasbach
11-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Give what you can now - give EVERYTHING you can on the 16th.

Keep it simple. If you will have X dollars to give over the next three weeks, give $100 plus on the 16th and divide the rest over the upcoming weeks before the 16th and give it each week.

IMO, this is the winning strategy.