PDA

View Full Version : Susan Rice interrogated by neo-conservative Senators

Brian4Liberty
11-27-2012, 03:42 PM
It has been a major news story today that Susan Rice had a meeting with three neo-conservative Senators (McCain, Ayotte, and Sen. Lindsey Graham). The entire neo-conservative Senate gang was not all there, as apparently Marco Rubio had other plans, and Joe Lieberman couldn't attend as it would not be acceptable for it to appear that he was part of a GOP plot to gang up on Susan. Joe gets a private audience later today.

As far as how the attendees were chosen for this Senate rendezvous, that remains as mysterious as the details of the 9/11 Benghazi attack did on 9/12.

John McCain and other Republican senators said Tuesday they would oppose elevating Susan Rice to secretary of State until she and other officials answer more questions about the Sept. 11 attack in Libya.

"We are significantly troubled by many of the answers that we got and some that we didn't get," McCain, R-Ariz., said after meeting with the United Nations ambassador who could be President Obama's next nominee for the State Department.

Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., said she has "many more questions" that need to be answered before she could support a Rice nomination.
Rice discussed the incident Tuesday with McCain, Ayotte, and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/usatoday/article/1728957

Rice met with McCain, Lindsey Graham (R-SC), and Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) in the Capitol this morning along with acting CIA Director Mike Morrell.
Rice will meet with Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) later this afternoon.

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/11/27/mccain_rice_admitted_she_was_wrong_on_benghazi

AGRP
11-27-2012, 03:44 PM
John McCain is a great American.

Dr.3D
11-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Even though Susan isn't related to Condoleeza, I still find it interesting we would find two Rice's, one as former Secretary of State and another so close to being Secretary of State. Strange coincidence?

GunnyFreedom
11-27-2012, 03:56 PM
John McCain is a great American.traitor. like benedict arnold.

paulbot24
11-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Even though Susan isn't related to Condoleeza, I still find it interesting we would find two Rice's, one as former Secretary of State and another so close to being Secretary of State. Strange coincidence?

That is strange, especially as I notice there are two identical lizards outside staring at me right now as I type this. I don't want to know where these people are manufactured. I say manufactured because some of the decisions they make could only be justified if you lack the human element. Then again, they lack logic, ruling out the cyborg possiblity....Is it 4 yet? Damn.:eek:

Feeding the Abscess
11-27-2012, 04:02 PM
That is strange, especially as I notice there are two identical lizards outside staring at me right now as I type this. I don't want to know where these people are manufactured. I say manufactured because some of the decisions they make could only be justified if you lack the human element. Then again, they lack logic, ruling out the cyborg possiblity....Is it 4 yet? Damn.:eek:

Susan Rice is one of Madeline Albright's acolytes.

God help us all.

compromise
11-27-2012, 04:46 PM
apparently Marco Rubio had other plans
Probably too busy bumping some gangsta rap with his Democrat 'homies'.

Brian4Liberty
11-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Susan Rice is one of Madeline Albright's acolytes.

God help us all.

Apparently Susan hasn't been fully approved yet. One wonders how many questions during this private meeting were about Benghazi, and how many were about Iran and Israel?

klamath
11-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Really stupid, neoconservatives that all supported invading Libya now puffing their chests up about what was called what when. The real questions will never be asked. WHY did we invade Libya and once we did why was our backs turned to the unstable country the invasion caused?

Brian4Liberty
11-27-2012, 07:04 PM
An interesting comparison is Kagen and Sotomayor. After meeting with Graham and McCain, they both got the big thumbs up. Rice must not have the appropriate answers to their questions.

AngryCanadian
11-28-2012, 12:19 AM

I hope you were just joking.

anaconda
11-28-2012, 01:00 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAzDEbVFcg8

anaconda
11-28-2012, 01:01 AM
traitor. like benedict arnold.

benedict arnold was a great american until he got dumped on one too many times.

GunnyFreedom
11-28-2012, 07:12 AM
benedict arnold was a great american until he got dumped on one too many times.

There is some truth to this, but he could have just walked away and sat out the rest of the war and then wrote a book about how four people stole all his victorious glory during the war. Instead he decided to get his revenge by handing Ticonderoga to King George, which would have been the crown's biggest victory of the war and possibly reversed the outcome. Studying history I had significant sympathy for him up until he decided that the blood of 1000 or more Americans was worth less than he own personal ego.

paulbot24
11-28-2012, 07:25 AM
There is some truth to this, but he could have just walked away and sat out the rest of the war and then wrote a book about how four people stole all his victorious glory during the war. Instead he decided to get his revenge by handing Ticonderoga to King George, which would have been the crown's biggest victory of the war and possibly reversed the outcome. Studying history I had significant sympathy for him up until he decided that the blood of 1000 or more Americans was worth less than he own personal ego.

Sort of like a certain fellow saying......."Those weapons of mass destruction are around there somewhere......"

Brian4Liberty
11-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Related article:

Susan Rice's attempt to make nice with Capital Hill critics of Benghazi remarks backfires

UN Ambassador Rice met face to face with three Republican senators threatening to block her promotion to secretary of state. The senators said they weren’t satisfied with Rice’s answers about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

So much for Susan Rice’s charm offensive.

The UN ambassador’s attempt to make nice with her harshest critics backfired Tuesday after she met face to face with three Republican senators threatening to block her promotion to secretary of state.

The senators said they weren’t satisfied with Rice’s answers about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that left Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans dead.

“We are significantly troubled by many of the answers that we got, and some that we didn’t get concerning evidence that was overwhelming leading up to the attack on the consulate,” Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/susan-rice-attempt-nice-critics-backfires-article-1.1209117