PDA

View Full Version : Tragedy of America's Welfare State: When Work is Punitive

AuH20
11-27-2012, 02:31 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-11-27/when-work-punished-tragedy-americas-welfare-state

The truest statement ever uttered in the public sphere.

We have been writing for over a year, how the very top of America's social order steals from the middle class each and every day. Now we finally know that the very bottom of the entitlement food chain also makes out like a bandit compared to that idiot American who actually works and pays their taxes. One can only also hope that in addition to seeing their disposable income be eaten away by a kleptocratic entitlement state, that the disappearing middle class is also selling off its weaponry. Because if it isn't, and if it finally decides it has had enough, the outcome will not be surprising at all: it will be the same old that has occurred in virtually every revolution in the history of the world to date.

The middle is a horse's ass for putting up with this exploitation for decades. The super-rich uses the braindead poor as a bludgeon to break the middle class into soulless fragments. We often hear the argument that these enormous deficits must be maintained for the less fortunate. I call bullshit on all these tactics, while the financial service industry gets away with lawlessness during these periods of profligate spending!!!!

DrHendricks
11-28-2012, 09:41 AM
I posted this article to my facebook wall yesterday and got in a huge argument with just random's coming out of the woodwork. I'm constantly reminded of how terrible debate skills have gotten in this country with people using strawman arguments and anecdotal evidence like its their job. The argument that mainly got brought up about the numbers used in this statistic involved employee benefits for the middle class worker compared to the lower class worker on welfare. But on the flip side of that, since the lower class worker has his rent, healthcare, housing, and food already paid for, the middle class worker has to pay for those things out of his or her own income. For me the employee benefits that vary greatly, would be at the very least cancelled out if not exceeded by having to foot those bills on your own.

AuH20
11-28-2012, 10:03 AM
I posted this article to my facebook wall yesterday and got in a huge argument with just random's coming out of the woodwork. I'm constantly reminded of how terrible debate skills have gotten in this country with people using strawman arguments and anecdotal evidence like its their job. The argument that mainly got brought up about the numbers used in this statistic involved employee benefits for the middle class worker compared to the lower class worker on welfare. But on the flip side of that, since the lower class worker has his rent, healthcare, housing, and food already paid for, the middle class worker has to pay for those things out of his or her own income. For me the employee benefits that vary greatly, would be at the very least cancelled out if not exceeded by having to foot those bills on your own.

That is is often the reflexive response from the blood sucking plebes when you point a finger at them. They refuse to acknowledge that they are responsible for the plight in this country. The super-rich could not have all done this by themselves on the account that they are a very tiny minority. They needed a willing and bought off accomplice to errect the elaborate system they have designed.