PDA

View Full Version : Florida voters! Your action in the next month will determine Florida's role in 2016!

Elwar
11-27-2012, 12:33 PM
This is very important for anyone who is a resident of Florida.

This coming month (December), there will be county committeeman meetings throughout the state.

At these meetings, the county chair/vice-chair/treasurer/secretary/etc. will be elected.

YOU CAN ATTEND AND VOTE IF YOU ARE A REGISTERED REPUBLICAN!

Those of us who signed up to be precinct committeemen/women last year and got through the election process will be automatically set to vote.

Most of these meetings have not enough committeemen/women to fill their precincts. There are open slots that you can just go and sign up for at the meeting. I know my precinct has 2 open slots for committeewomen (2 men, 2 women). I will be sure to bring my wife to get her to vote.

Find a respectable Ron Paul supporter and vote for them as county chair.

County chairs have a big affect on elections. They decide who runs for these local elections and they vote to endorse statewide candidates.

Check with your county Republican Party. Look up the meeting place and SHOW UP!

The chair position lasts 4 years. The same chairmen/women will be in place when we vote in 2016.

Mr.NoSmile
11-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Any Republican Party groups in Florida on Facebook or any other form of social media where this can be spread? Only one I found was the Republican Liberty Caucus of Florida, which has a very small number of likes, unless they're either just not that active or there's another group I haven't found.

http://www.facebook.com/RLCFL

Okaloosa
11-29-2012, 09:55 PM
The big thing in Florida is not letting them move up their primary that would be a big advantage to Rubio or another establishment candidate. As they did in the last primary. Some county REC meetings will be starting up as early as Monday December 3rd. Please consider attending your county GOP meetings and become a member and you can help neutralize the Rubio supporters.

Mr.NoSmile
11-29-2012, 10:06 PM
According to the Republican Liberty Caucus of Florida's Facebook page: "most of these meetings will be open only to those who filed their paperwork with their local SoE to run for Precinct Committeeman/Committeewoman positions back in July. Only those who were elected in the primary will be allowed to vote for the officers. Be sure to call and ask what your local REC's policy is regarding attendance to avoid being turned away at the door."

So really, the hope is that any liberty minded people who wish to run for these positions will have had to have already filed the paperwork. Now I'm not sure if that's been done since I'm not in Florida, but hopefully it has and no one's playing catch-up.

Matt Collins
11-29-2012, 10:10 PM
It's my understanding you had to register Republican and qualify back in the summer for this?

Elwar
11-30-2012, 10:29 AM
It's my understanding you had to register Republican and qualify back in the summer for this?

More than likely that is the case. But I do know that if you show up and nobody has filled your precinct slot they tend to put you in that slot.

Though this is during regular meetings, it may be different at the meeting that chooses the chairman.

We worked on turning people out back in the summer, hopefully we got enough to have some impact. Now those same people need to remember to show up. (I did get a post card in the mail telling me about it).

FSP-Rebel
11-30-2012, 11:32 AM
This is one of the most important imminent actions to take on this board right now.

Matt Collins
11-30-2012, 01:54 PM
The State Comm is where we need people.

tsai3904
11-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Is C4L active in Florida? If so, are they sending out emails or making phone calls to their members?

eleganz
11-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Ok, I know some supporters in Orlando, how do I get them hooked up with local coordinators???

eleganz
11-30-2012, 04:37 PM
The State Comm is where we need people.

Yes, that is what they're working on. How else are we going to get people in the state committee?

DanK22
11-30-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm a committeeman in Duval (NE FL). I haven't found any other Paul supporters in local positions or active organizations. If you are or know anyone please PM me.

Matt Collins
11-30-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm a committeeman in Duval (NE FL). I haven't found any other Paul supporters in local positions or active organizations. If you are or know anyone please PM me.Get a hold of Mark Cross.

eleganz
11-30-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm a committeeman in Duval (NE FL). I haven't found any other Paul supporters in local positions or active organizations. If you are or know anyone please PM me.

Damn, seriously?

Have you tried the local www.meetup.com group? search ron paul in your local zipcode and it should turn up something nice.

Feelgood
11-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Get a hold of Mark Cross.

Waste of time. Mark Cross never responds to anything.

Matt Collins
11-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Waste of time. Mark Cross never responds to anything.Try Scott Olver.

Okaloosa
12-01-2012, 12:33 AM
We need all hands to go and bring others with them. If you were unable to file your paperwork you can go in Decemebr and see who is voted for county chair and other positions.

This will allow us to see the power strutcure in each county, talk to them while they may be more receptive, and get in good standing in order to be voted in as a member.

FSP-Rebel
12-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Elwar, are there local coords that log all the delegate/committeefolk lists so yall can contact all friendly allies prior to these meetings/conventions for optimal turnout? Relying on people to remember a specific date will not cut it. C4L should have unofficial people running these ground operations and keeping track of the progress being made in said county parties. Also, in every state, there should be ongoing recruitment of additional precinct delegates/committeepersons to continually bolster our numbers so we have a more firm setting in as many state's districts as possible.

NinjaPirate
12-01-2012, 02:55 PM
sorry, wrong thread... O.o

Okaloosa
12-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Elwar, are there local coords that log all the delegate/committeefolk lists so yall can contact all friendly allies prior to these meetings/conventions for optimal turnout? Relying on people to remember a specific date will not cut it. C4L should have unofficial people running these ground operations and keeping track of the progress being made in said county parties. Also, in every state, there should be ongoing recruitment of additional precinct delegates/committeepersons to continually bolster our numbers so we have a more firm setting in as many state's districts as possible.

I have been trying to find people to do this in Florida. The coordinated effort can be improved. Anyone that can head up their county or congressional district please send me a private message.

eleganz
12-02-2012, 11:42 AM
There has to be more people working on this at the ground level in FL. I just don't believe there isn't.

And I posted earlier that I knew people in Orlando that could potentially get involved, can anybody tell me who they could contact in that area?

simplyjacy
12-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Our RP guy John Stevens ran and won as the Republican State committeeman of St. John's County but was not seated yesterday despite winning a countywide election last August.

opal
12-02-2012, 03:44 PM
you do mean St John's in Fl... not MN like it says on your profile right?

simplyjacy
12-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Yes st. Johns county in FL. I'm from MN.
He talks about it in his FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/johncharlesstevens?ref=ts&fref=ts

Matt Collins
12-02-2012, 04:35 PM
I know John, he's a good guy.

FSP-Rebel
12-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Our RP guy John Stevens ran and won as the Republican State committeeman of St. John's County but was not seated yesterday despite winning a countywide election last August.
That's bullS/hit, I urge everyone to contact the Republican Party of Florida (http://rpof.org/contact-us/rpof-contact-information/) and urge them to reconsider their move here, esp those that are FLGOP voters. I sent mine:

Dear RPOF,
I recently became aware of your decision to not seat the dually elected Republican State Committeeman (John Stevens) for St. Johns County, FL despite his county-wide election victory in August. As a Precinct Delegate from Michigan that regularly attends MIGOP State Conventions as a regular party delegate with all voting powers, I find it utterly appalling that this decision would be allowed to stand in direct rejection of the will of the county's party voters. It's this kind of chicanery that creates animosity in our party and is not a policy of party growth. I hope the RPOF reconsiders its options to genuinely show the Republican voters of St. Johns County that their state party is embedded with integrity and honesty, not voter fraud.

_pauladin_
12-03-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm a new precinct committeeman, and I've never been to an REC meeting before, so I'm a little confused as to how to identify which candidates are "respectable Ron Paul supporters." Do I look for someone wearing a Ron Paul t-shirt, or mentioning Ron Paul? That might work okay, although if two people are doing it, it could get confusing since we don't want to split the vote.

As an aside, I'm in Palm Beach County, and this area might deserve special attention since it's the third-most populated county in the state and the incumbent chairman isn't seeking re-election.

FSP-Rebel
12-03-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm a new precinct committeeman, and I've never been to an REC meeting before, so I'm a little confused as to how to identify which candidates are "respectable Ron Paul supporters." Do I look for someone wearing a Ron Paul t-shirt, or mentioning Ron Paul? That might work okay, although if two people are doing it, it could get confusing since we don't want to split the vote.

I would hope that people aren't wearing t-shirts to REC meetings nor making the rounds talking about Ron. I'd just find allies based upon common agreement on the issues and work your way forward from there. In many places, we're just getting our people into minority rankings on these local parties as delegates. In better places, we've actually attained majority status delegations that can do the heavy lifting of getting local leadership roles and into higher level committee assignments up to the state level. Unfortunately, in areas that don't have a residual RP presence in the community based on C4L or something similar, the only way to develop a better group of delegates is to find local Paul supporters by whichever means one chooses and then do a delegate drive by signing up as many of them as possible. This is what many of our locals were doing in between the last 2 prez elections. We've signed up many hundreds in just one county and that has attributed to majority status in multiple districts and also steady increases in key areas of Kerry's CD 11. The more influence we can build in these areas over and above coalition building, the easier we'll be in making sure the establishment has a harder time driving a primary fight and also eroding their power at the same time.

_pauladin_
12-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Okay, thanks for your help.

Elwar
12-03-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm a little confused as to how to identify which candidates are "respectable Ron Paul supporters."

Hmm, maybe I should wear my Ron Paul t-shirt and hat and publicly and outwardly talk up the neo-con candidate in front of all of the blue hairs. Then when people come up to me one by one asking which guy the liberty candidate is, point them to the correct one and tell them not to listen to me when I talk up the other guy...

More than likely, the fact that I am under 40 will be the same as walking in there with Ron Paul tattooed across my forehead.

Okaloosa
12-03-2012, 11:17 PM
We had a big win tonight in Okaloosa County. In a county with 75,936 Republicans that went to Mitt Romney with 74% of the vote a new chairman was elected with a vote of 11-8. That is one vote for every 3,997 registered republicans. Just showing up will make a big impact. We need more people going and building alliances at their REC meetings.

eleganz
12-03-2012, 11:39 PM
We had a big win tonight in Okaloosa County. In a county with 75,936 Republicans that went to Mitt Romney with 74% of the vote a new chairman was elected with a vote of 11-8. That is one vote for every 3,997 registered republicans. Just showing up will make a big impact. We need more people going and building alliances at their REC meetings.

So you elected a Ron Paul supporter as a Chairman? Does this Chairman and other board seats get delegate spots in the GOP state committee?

If so...awesome!

If you don't mind me asking, if RP supporters didn't organize, how many people would've been there total?

Okaloosa
12-04-2012, 12:05 AM
So you elected a Ron Paul supporter as a Chairman? Does this Chairman and other board seats get delegate spots in the GOP state committee?

If so...awesome!

If you don't mind me asking, if RP supporters didn't organize, how many people would've been there total?

Very close. As far as organizing I was able to help get three people there even though I physically got six people signed up, but only half can follow through. We were the deciding factor that swung it away from the establishment.

As far as the three votes in the RPOF we have two of three and the third is still better than most.

Elwar
12-06-2012, 10:53 AM

Great job!

My meeting is tonight.

opal
12-06-2012, 04:30 PM
I live in Okaloosa county and it's just not practical for me to go to meetings .. big county. The drive is comparable to you having to drive to Land O Lakes for a meeting - and they usually schedule them around yard chore times. We have critters (ducks.. chickens.. guinea birds) that have to be tended to at sunrise and sunset. If they'd have them in the north part of the county I'd be able to attend.

Elwar
12-07-2012, 08:26 AM
We had our meeting last night here in Pasco county. It was a non-event. There were about 150 people there, our liberty folks made up about 40 of them.

They rolled in their establishment candidates, I think only the secretary was replaced but by yet another establishment buddy. Nobody challenged them and it was over quickly.

I asked one of the more well known liberty guys why we didn't run anyone as Chair and he said the numbers just weren't there and even if they were, the vote count would go the way they wanted it to go. 4 years of more of the same in my county.

FSP-Rebel
12-07-2012, 12:21 PM
I asked one of the more well known liberty guys why we didn't run anyone as Chair and he said the numbers just weren't there and even if they were, the vote count would go the way they wanted it to go. 4 years of more of the same in my county.
Good on you guys for showing up, having 35-40% of the room isn't bad considering FL's overall track record. Keep working over people based on the issues and remind them of the guy (Rand) in DC that is standing up for their rights. Peel off another 10%, have everyone bring a friend, then presto next time.

In fact, having a decent local bunch of 40 is great in terms of having squads available to find other locals for delegate purposes and such. If nothing else, it's a nice ground floor to have in building up your local C4L. Keep up on the "well known liberty guy" and see what his plans are for future activism. It's kind of how we run our operations up here and we seem to be doing well in many avenues.

Okaloosa
12-07-2012, 08:07 PM
We had our meeting last night here in Pasco county. It was a non-event. There were about 150 people there, our liberty folks made up about 40 of them.

They rolled in their establishment candidates, I think only the secretary was replaced but by yet another establishment buddy. Nobody challenged them and it was over quickly.

Either way you have some good numbers to run people for local office next year and work to get bad people out of office. Keep it up and we can sway more people towards Liberty and Rand Paul.

_pauladin_
12-13-2012, 12:06 PM
I went to the PBC meeting last night, and there were 140 voters there out of about 250,000 registered Republicans. The candidate I supported just barely lost, and while it was disappointing to get so close but come up short, I expected my candidate to do worse, so overall it was fairly encouraging. With a little more of a push to get liberty-minded people to sign up, we could easily control the county.

Okaloosa
12-14-2012, 10:12 AM
I went to the PBC meeting last night, and there were 140 voters there out of about 250,000 registered Republicans. The candidate I supported just barely lost, and while it was disappointing to get so close but come up short, I expected my candidate to do worse, so overall it was fairly encouraging. With a little more of a push to get liberty-minded people to sign up, we could easily control the county.

Thank you for your work. Please keep encouraging people to keep participating and showing up. Turnout matters and we can help to influence party bosses, non liberty candidates, policy, and help Liberty supporters win party/public office.

philipped
02-16-2015, 09:04 AM
bump.

y don't these people come back to the forums :(

My county level State Committeeman is running for re election in 2016, he holds local Mises Circle events and gave me the rundown of my REC before my 1st meeting. I metioned what's up with the RLC in our county and he alluded to it just being us 2....definitely working on that from then to 11/08/2016.