PDA

View Full Version : Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Her Dream is to see a All-Female Supreme Court

AuH20
11-27-2012, 10:32 AM
The war on women continues.:D And I personally shudder at the thought of an all-female supreme court, not because they are women but rather the type of woman that would be nominated by the DC Borg.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/11/27/ginsburg-wants-to-see-all-female-supreme-court/

bolil
11-27-2012, 10:39 AM
No society that overvalues novelty survives for long.

Acala
11-27-2012, 10:45 AM
And they accuse men of thinking with their genitals.

youngbuck
11-27-2012, 10:46 AM
http://cbswashington.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/106134430-1.jpg?w=300

RonPaulFanInGA
11-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Just gotta get Roberts, Alito, Thomas, Breyer, Scalia, Kennedy and Kagan off the Court and replace them with women.

CaptLouAlbano
11-27-2012, 10:55 AM
The sad thing is that if Scalia, Thomas or one of the others would have said their dream is an all male SC, they would be slaughtered in the media.

Brian4Liberty
11-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Darth Vader Ginsberg has no business on the bench anyway. She has disdain for the Constitution. And if the gender of the Justices is her biggest concern, she is petty and sexist too. Gender is not important, faithfully upholding the Constitution is.

John F Kennedy III
11-27-2012, 10:58 AM
How about we replace them with judges who actually adhere to the Constitution?

Then sure it can be whatever you want. However, I don't see an all women SC happening without shenanigans.

PaulConventionWV
11-27-2012, 11:00 AM
No society that overvalues novelty survives for long.

Then we haven't got much time.

PaulConventionWV
11-27-2012, 11:03 AM

Then sure it can be whatever you want. However, I don't see an all women SC happening without shenanigans.

O there will be shenanigans.

VanBummel
11-27-2012, 11:03 AM
I seems like most civil rights movements start with the group just wanting to be treated equally under the law and otherwise left alone...very libertarian principles. Then at some point it becomes perverted into the group trying to 'win' at discrimination. :(

AuH20
11-27-2012, 11:07 AM

Constitution??? Ginsburg is quoted on the record that the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. She is a cradle to the grave micro-manager.

ctiger2
11-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Another Satanic Zionist nut?

Entirely plausible Ginsberg has ties to the pedophile scandal that's ever so slowly breaking in the UK.

These people have sick sick minds.

jj-
11-27-2012, 12:47 PM
unabashed man hater

oyarde
11-27-2012, 12:50 PM
She is disgusting , I would rather hang out with a cockroach.

dannno
11-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Carol Paul for Supreme Court!!

angelatc
11-27-2012, 01:05 PM
unabashed man hater

At least she was married. I think the other two on there now are serious man-haters.

SHe's 79. Maybe she''ll retire while Barack's in command.

Lucille
11-27-2012, 01:25 PM
What a weirdo, not to mention grounds to remove her from the court over her blatant gender discrimination.

Also, why has that old Statist hag not gone to hell yet? She has pancreatic cancer (she's probably also a drunk) and that is one of the deadliest forms. The Ruling Class must get awesome medical care that us mundanes don't have access to.

idiom
11-27-2012, 01:32 PM
She made a valid point. If the court can roll through 9 men from time to time, why should nine women be anything special. Her entire point is that people are shocked at the thought.

In New Zealand we had a point where at the same time the three top leaders of the government, the leader of the opposition and the CEO of our biggest company were all women. The world didn't end. Hardly anybody even noticed.

Gender and race shouldn't matter. Her point was that people still care. A lot of Americans would freak out if there were no men or no whites on the Supreme Court.

amy31416
11-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Ugly old sexist pig who thinks it's whimsical to wear some goddamned doilies to "work."

ican'tvote
11-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Ruth is gonna have to retire for that dream to come true. I don't think it's a woman.

AGRP
11-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Does this dream include playboy bunnies?

jj-
11-27-2012, 02:26 PM
At least she was married.

I wonder if she married one of those emasculated men and whether she treated him and kept him like a hapless puppy his whole life.

matt0611
11-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Constitution??? Ginsburg is quoted on the record that the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. She is a cradle to the grave micro-manager.

Yep. She's also on record recommending other countries like Egypt NOT adopt a Constitution similar to ours in the US but instead one closer to South Africa where things like housing are "rights".

Brian4Liberty
11-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Yep. She's also on record recommending other countries like Egypt NOT adopt a Constitution similar to ours in the US but instead one closer to South Africa where things like housing are "rights".

But where there is no right to bear arms, no right to due process, no right to free speech, no right of privacy, and your land can be seized via eminent domain for any reason or use the rulers see fit.

HOLLYWOOD
11-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Just gotta get Roberts, Alito, Thomas, Breyer, Scalia, Kennedy and Kagan off the Court and replace them with women.That Kagan is one tuff dude to kick out.

Lucille
11-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Just gotta get Roberts, Alito, Thomas, Breyer, Scalia, Kennedy and Kagan off the Court and replace them with women.

Roberts can stay.

"Roberts...is well known in the beltway to be borderline obsessed with his image. In other words, Chief Justice John Roberts emotionally operates on the same level as the average twelve year old girl."
--Ann Barnhardt

paulbot24
11-27-2012, 03:42 PM
How does anybody REALLY believe that justice is blind when we have Supreme Court Justices making comments like this? People think we've got it figured out so well here we can export our great justice system abroad while she's promoting this cute novel idea. WTF? Why don't they do something "novel" like reverse Citizens United?

John F Kennedy III
11-27-2012, 03:48 PM

Yeah. We need to deport 90% of the U.S. or something. Most people do not care what happens to America. Fuck em.

Seriously, someone that says that about the Constitution shouldn't be allowed to serve on a panel that is supposed to unbiasedly interpret the Constitution. This isn't brain surgery.

John F Kennedy III
11-27-2012, 03:51 PM
At least she was married. I think the other two on there now are serious man-haters.

SHe's 79. Maybe she''ll retire while Barack's in command.

She'll just be replaced with someone that would probably make even her blush.

John F Kennedy III
11-27-2012, 03:56 PM
What a weirdo, not to mention grounds to remove her from the court over her blatant gender discrimination.

Also, why has that old Statist hag not gone to hell yet? She has pancreatic cancer (she's probably also a drunk) and that is one of the deadliest forms. The Ruling Class must get awesome medical care that us mundanes don't have access to.

Steve Jobs made it almost a decade with pancreatic cancer. No way in hell he wasn't getting medical care that is completely unavailable to us mundanes.

Lucille
11-27-2012, 03:59 PM
How does anybody REALLY believe that justice is blind when we have Supreme Court Justices making comments like this? People think we've got it figured out so well here we can export our great justice system abroad while she's promoting this cute novel idea. WTF? Why don't they do something "novel" like reverse Citizens United?

It really is unbelievable. She should have been removed from the court for that "don't adopt the US Constitution" comment. That collectivist old bag won't be off that court until she's dead. I hope she lasts through Obama's term, while he's probably hoping she dies real soon, so he can put another young filthy Statist on it to undermine the Constitution for decades to come.

Dr.3D
11-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Ugly old sexist pig who thinks it's whimsical to wear some goddamned doilies to "work."
This one does that too.....
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c3/Judge_Judy_next_to_painting.jpg

PaulConventionWV
11-27-2012, 05:41 PM
She made a valid point. If the court can roll through 9 men from time to time, why should nine women be anything special. Her entire point is that people are shocked at the thought.

In New Zealand we had a point where at the same time the three top leaders of the government, the leader of the opposition and the CEO of our biggest company were all women. The world didn't end. Hardly anybody even noticed.

Gender and race shouldn't matter. Her point was that people still care. A lot of Americans would freak out if there were no men or no whites on the Supreme Court.

Why should it be anything special? Because it is unusual. Many firsts are regarded as something special.

MelissaWV
11-27-2012, 05:43 PM
The sad thing is that if Scalia, Thomas or one of the others would have said their dream is an all male SC, they would be slaughtered in the media.

To be fair, that "dream" was realized previously.

AGRP
11-27-2012, 05:49 PM
As long as they look like this.

http://www.pubclub.com/SpringBreak/CaboJNite9Girls.jpg

paulbot24
11-27-2012, 06:05 PM
To be fair, that "dream" was realized previously.

True. Although the past doesn't justify the false "nobility" in her statement. These statements are patently sexist at their core, yet our society accepts it if they are made to sound idealistic and somehow progressive. One day when we have an all Malaysian, transgendered, atheist Supreme Court, will that finally "undo" the past, set everything back to zero, and allow us to get over this and move on already? The example is extreme and ridiculous, but I think you get the point.

Occam's Banana
11-27-2012, 06:43 PM
And I personally shudder at the thought of an all-female supreme court, not because they are women but rather the type of woman that would be nominated by the DC Borg.

I personally shudder at the thought of an all-human supreme court, not because they are humans but rather the type of human that would be nominated by the DC Borg.

Men. Women. Whatever. They're all a bunch of establishment hacks, every goddam one of them. You don't get to SCOTUS unless you've demonstrated a willingness to rubber-stamp whatever the system wants.

idiom
11-27-2012, 06:47 PM
The sexism in this thread reeks.

jj-
11-27-2012, 06:55 PM

:rolleyes:

When do we stop? When they're 9 women.

Translation: actions to have more women in the Supreme Court should continue until there are nine of them. Not until there are 9 qualified justices, until there are 9 women.

NoOneButPaul
11-27-2012, 07:16 PM
And I dream of the day Rand Paul wins the POTUS and 5 of you die at once of old age...

BlackJack
11-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Darth Vader Ginsberg has no business on the bench anyway. She has disdain for the Constitution. And if the gender of the Justices is her biggest concern, she is petty and sexist too. Gender is not important, faithfully upholding the Constitution is.

This!!!!!!

BamaAla
11-27-2012, 08:04 PM

You have a habit of this don't you? I remember you calling everyone in the transgender pervert thread "bigots."

paulbot24
11-27-2012, 08:10 PM
I won't be happy until I see them wearing unprejudiced judicial robes....

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/f/2011/023/7/b/rainbow_org_xiii_robes_by_kataru_xiv-d37uk0l.png

Now the question is: Is the white one missing, or does it just not show up on the white background?

anaconda
11-27-2012, 08:52 PM