PDA

View Full Version : Where are all of the anti war protestors?

shane77m
11-26-2012, 08:19 PM
http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/stossel/blog/2011/04/25/where-did-all-anti-war-protestors-go

The anti-war movement was all over the news before President Obama was elected. But apparently they weren’t really anti-war ... they were just anti-President Bush. Two college professors just released a study of national protests between 2007 and 2009. What did they find?

… After January 2007, the attendance at antiwar rallies [measured in] roughly the tens of thousands, or thousands, through the end of 2008.

… After the election of Barack Obama as president, the order of magnitude of antiwar protests dropped [...] Organizers were hard pressed to stage a rally with participation in the thousands, or even in the hundreds. For example, we counted exactly 107 participants at a Chicago rally on October 7, 2009

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/stossel/blog/2011/04/25/where-did-all-anti-war-protestors-go#ixzz2DNy44nbd

This is an old article but I have been thinking the same thing here lately. There really weren't that many anti war protestors during the G.W.B. administration. They were mostly just Bush haters. If they truly war anti war protesters they would be protesting Obama. Who is quickly becoming a bigger war monger than G.W. ever was.

pochy1776
11-26-2012, 10:10 PM
i wish i could just summon them to protest Obama. The hypocrisy is disgusting.

AuH20
11-26-2012, 10:13 PM
They are too busy enslaving us and planning the greater utopia.

AuH20
11-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Like nails on a chalkboard to the supporters of the One:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/map_of_the_week/2012/06/obama_drone_strikes_the_president_ordered_more_tha n_george_w_bush.html

Anti Federalist
11-26-2012, 11:22 PM
I wish a special place in hell for these lying, hypocritical bags of shit.

I knew it would happen in 2008, I just didn't know it would be so complete and widespread.

Origanalist
11-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Like nails on a chalkboard to the supporters of the One:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/map_of_the_week/2012/06/obama_drone_strikes_the_president_ordered_more_tha n_george_w_bush.html

The comments are, as always, stunningly hypocritical.

AuH20
11-26-2012, 11:36 PM
The comments are, as always, stunningly hypocritical.

Bush didn't have the new age drone technology that Obama currently possesses. ROFL He just can't help himself around such a dazzling array of peace bringing toys.

AGRP
11-26-2012, 11:46 PM
This amounts to child-like bickering which furthers left this, right that. They are still anti-war, but they are more pro-put up with the wars to go along with the party for whatever cause. Just as republicans put up with Bushes actions, yet still supported him.

AuH20
11-26-2012, 11:47 PM
If you made a poster like this for the current occupant of the White House, you would be considered a racist:

http://www.payvand.com/news/07/jan/antiwar-rally-DC4.jpg

oyarde
11-26-2012, 11:51 PM
I have my Magic 8 Ball and have asked it numerous times if these fuckers are together in the Vampire cave playing dice for my earnings , 8 ball , always says yes.

AuH20
11-26-2012, 11:54 PM
I have my Magic 8 Ball and have asked it numerous times if these fuckers are together in the Vampire cave playing dice for my earnings , 8 ball , always says yes.
For the greater good man! Promote the general welfare. Erase inequality. Heal the oceans. Cease the war against women. What's a few afghanis for that grand prize??? LOL

Pauls' Revere
11-27-2012, 01:08 AM
The Iraqi War never ended. It is still going on. Obama shifted troops from Iraq to Afghanistan and hired thousands of mercenaries to take thier place.
http://americanfreepress.net/?p=3384

Late last year, Obama greeted returning veterans at Fort Bragg, N.C. and announced that the eight-year war had come to an end. “Over the last few months, the final work of leaving Iraq has been done,” Obama proclaimed. “Dozens of bases with American names that housed thousands of American troops have been closed down or turned over to the Iraqis.”

Though that may have been enough to satisfy some, Obama’s formal announcement of troop draw-downs hardly qualifies as a complete withdrawal. In its largest diplomatic mission since the end of World War II, the State Department now commands more than 16,000 civilian employees at four major diplomatic centers and seven other facilities throughout the country, as well as 5,500 armed mercenaries under contract by private security firms.

Of course, these are just official numbers that the government has been kind enough to divulge. The true proliferation of “private contractors”—a euphemism for mercenaries— working in the region is anyone’s guess.

In its latest budget request, the Pentagon asked for $2.9B for what it calls “Post Operation New Dawn (OND)/Iraq Activities.” According to a Feb. 13 report by Wired, “The Pentagon’s briefing materials provide little explanation for the expense. ‘Finalizing transition’ is the ostensible mission the Pentagon wants funded. Its remaining office in Baghdad, the Office of Security Cooperation-Iraq, will get cash to ‘continue security assistance and security cooperation’ with the Iraqi military “and amounts for the reset of equipment redeploying from Iraq and the theater of operations.”

oyarde
11-27-2012, 02:10 AM
For the greater good man! Promote the general welfare. Erase inequality. Heal the oceans. Cease the war against women. What's a few afghanis for that grand prize??? LOL I see,you clearly understand the vermin .

anaconda
11-27-2012, 02:16 AM
The antiwar protesters are now all kissing the hand of Obama the warmonger. Except for a few dedicated Code Pink types.

Occam's Banana
11-27-2012, 02:16 AM
Where are all the anti-war protesters? I know where they are - they're under my bed! Along with all those Mooslum terrists!

I might join them later. There's still plenty of room. (I just checked - oh, and they all asked me to say "Hi!" - so, "Hi!")

TheTexan
11-27-2012, 02:30 AM
When I last spoke politics with my mother, I told her I could never vote for Obama because he's a warmonger and he wants to attack Iran... she got visibly upset and says "Noo,, that's Romney who wants to do that..."

Then just a few minutes later she read a news article about Obama wanting to go to war with Iran and I'm like "see what I mean" she just says "he's our leader we need to get behind him, if he decides we need to go to war with Iran, then I'm sure he knows what he's doing, he's a very smart man"

/facepalm

Basically, the bottom line is "It's ok when Obama does it"

emazur
11-27-2012, 03:23 AM
I've been trying to find a clip of Ed Schultz warmongering for Obama almost to the degree of that time Leonard Peikopf appeared on the Bill O'Reilly show. Anyone know what clip I'm talking about? I found one of Schultz warmongering for Libya while Jeremy Scahill was on but I don't think that's the one I remembered

JK/SEA
11-27-2012, 08:09 AM
I wish a special place in hell for these lying, hypocritical bags of shit.

I knew it would happen in 2008, I just didn't know it would be so complete and widespread.

if i was a bag of shit, i'd be offended at the comparison...but hey, i'll let it slide this time.

CaptUSA
11-27-2012, 08:15 AM
When Obama won re-election, I told my liberal cousin, "well, at least we won't have to worry about any pesky protestors. The President can bomb, invade, spy on, and kill whoever he wants without worrying about any complaints! Woo hoo!"

coastie
11-27-2012, 08:32 AM
As long as they can still get on Facebook and play Words With Friends, or youtube to watch Honey boo-boo and Black Friday shoppers acting like a bunch of pissed off monkeys, and their SNAP card is always refilled on the first of the month - what's there to protest?

libertygrl
11-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Bush didn't have the new age drone technology that Obama currently possesses. ROFL He just can't help himself around such a dazzling array of peace bringing toys.

Obama is Bush on steroids.

Lucille
11-27-2012, 01:28 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/540275_4360427379186_550901479_n.jpg

11-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Yesterday on the road I saw a car with a obama 2012 bumper sticker and right next to it a big peace symbol sticker. I wanted to scream at them. Instead I ranted at my kids, at least they will know the truth and don't believe all the lies about obama.

specsaregood
11-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Obama is Bush on steroids.

And yet Romney was able to put on a convincing show that he would have be even worse in regards to war.

jllundqu
11-27-2012, 03:08 PM
god damn vipers, all of them

UWDude
11-27-2012, 03:46 PM
I went to a no-war with Iran protest for occupy in January. There were about 150 - 200 people.

Not many Ron Paul supporters, if any.

Where the hell are you guys?

Yeah. When is the last time any of you protested a war... ...or even looked to see if there was an anti-war protest in your area?

Blabber blabber blabber. Bitch bitch bitch. Yap yap yap.

Maybe you all should start an online petition that says the left should protest war more.

AGRP
11-27-2012, 03:51 PM
I went to a no-war with Iran protest for occupy in January. There were about 150 - 200 people.

Not many Ron Paul supporters, if any.

Where the hell are you guys?

Yeah. When is the last time any of you protested a war... ...or even looked to see if there was an anti-war protest in your area?

Blabber blabber blabber. Bitch bitch bitch. Yap yap yap.

Go sign another online petition, and vote in another online poll.

Ron Paul people: Hate on war 24/7, then complain about the lack of anti-war protests...while not protesting.

Obama people: Not protesting.

Conclusion? No one is protesting.

specsaregood
11-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Conclusion? No one is protesting.

what is the point of protesting?

AGRP
11-27-2012, 04:01 PM
what is the point of protesting?

Whats the point of going to a bar when you can have a drink at home?

Whats the point of going to a concert when you can listen to the media file?

Whats the point of having meetings when you can talk to them over the phone?

Whats the point of making fun of Romneys "crowds" if they really didnt matter?

UWDude
11-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Towards the end of the march, there were three girls across the street who started chanting "Obama, Obama, Obama!" at us. When a silly girl* in our group started yelling "Obama has killed thousands of people. We don't want him to go to war with Iran!" the girls across the street shouted "Four more years! Four more years!"

LoL

EBounding
11-27-2012, 07:09 PM
I found a random internet comment that probably sums up what most "anti-war dems" think:

1. Obama has gotten most of the troops out of Bush's lying, unpaid-for disaster, Iraq

2. Obama has gotten our troops back into the REAL war, Afghanistan, that Bush abandoned for Iraq oil money for his cronies.

3. Obama has DESTROYED most of Al Qaeda, got Bin Laden and top AQ, and hit them in the tribal Pakistan region where the rest are.

4. Obama saved the nation and the world from the second Republican Great Depression after Bush and the Republican¬s wrecked the economy.

5. Obama saved most of the US Auto industry, saved banks, and made TARP have teeth instead of the Biush giveaway to the wealthy.

Apply your palm to your face and you will feel better.

Tpoints
11-27-2012, 07:12 PM
they were Occupy Wall St, weren't they?