PDA

View Full Version : How will Ron Paul fare with visibility in the media once he is retired?

Constitutional Paulicy
11-25-2012, 05:55 AM
I've heard many saying he will be even more productive outside government with his message. Which I tend to believe will be the case. However, I have to wonder how much attention he will get from the media. As a candidate he was widely ignored. So what makes us think he will be in the spotlight more, now that he is on the outside? As much as we dislike the need for the MSM to get our message out there, we are still dependent upon it to reach the masses who are still asleep to the movement.

amy31416
11-25-2012, 05:59 AM
He'll be "used" as needed, mocked as needed, they'll pretend to respect him.

Constitutional Paulicy
11-25-2012, 06:12 AM

I can definitely see how this will be the case just as it was in the past. Hopefully there will be a lot less negativity and a lot more in the way of a positive portrayal of his message. We need to turn the tide.

pacelli
11-25-2012, 07:01 AM

Exactly. Ron Paul = ratings. That's all the media gives a damn about. Since he isn't a candidate any longer, I expect that the newsletters issue won't be raised again.

FrankRep
11-25-2012, 09:38 AM
It's our job to get his message out there. Don't rely on the media.

Be the media. We have the Internet.

paulbot24
11-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Once you get used to just getting your news from the internet you will realize how annoying and condescending network news really is. You'll realize how much you appreciate not getting yelled at by complete strangers since that is what you are doing by inviting them into your house when you turn the TV on. Even better is when you just cancel your cable and start realizing how much you always hated commercials and just didn't realize it. Then there's the money you save, not just from one less bill, but from not buying useless crap you don't need.

belian78
11-25-2012, 10:40 AM
You probably won't see Dr Paul on the networks too much anymore. The train is almost completely off the tracks, you think TPTB want him on the air talking sense to the masses? It's going to be enough of a pain in their asses to have him going around the country talking to the youth. The separation between the MSM and the average person will keep widening to the point of comedy here soon I think.

hrdman2luv
11-25-2012, 11:09 AM
I've heard many saying he will be even more productive outside government with his message. Which I tend to believe will be the case. However, I have to wonder how much attention he will get from the media. As a candidate he was widely ignored. So what makes us think he will be in the spotlight more, now that he is on the outside? As much as we dislike the need for the MSM to get our message out there, we are still dependent upon it to reach the masses who are still asleep to the movement.

Ron Paul stated many times, that you can't change government from the outside in. This is true. And since he's not going to be on the inside, he'll have even less attention by the media. The chain reaction is:

Very little media attention
Reaching even fewer people
fewer people, fewer new comers.
Fewer new comers equals a smaller rate of growth to the Liberty movement.

libertygrl
11-25-2012, 11:17 AM
I've actually heard that major PP firms have been contacting him. The same ones representing ex-presidents who go on those big paying speaking tours. Good for Dr. Paul!

sailingaway
11-25-2012, 11:45 AM
We'll have to make it clear we are still behind him, just as we always did, I suspect. They were always better to him in a statesman role than in a candidate roll, though. Between elections they gave him more visibility. At that point it became more about ratings, I think, and he is always good for ratings.

sailingaway
11-25-2012, 11:47 AM
I've actually heard that major PP firms have been contacting him. The same ones representing ex-presidents who go on those big paying speaking tours. Good for Dr. Paul!

I'm glad he is getting that feedback, if that is the case. I thought he wanted C4L to have that role, but that was just because they did while he was a congressman. I was thinking he would use C4L as Norquist uses his group to keep his issues in the forefront of the news.

FrankRep
11-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Lets not forget that Ron Paul is taking over the leadership role of Campaign for Liberty.

Matt Collins
11-25-2012, 12:57 PM
My guess (no insider knowledge on this one) is that he has been offered a pundit job at a major cable news network. That would make sense to me.

But if you remember, between the time he ran in 2008 and the time he ran in 2012 he got a TON of press coverage. The press loved to have him on then because he wasn't a threat. As soon as he ran for office though some elements of the MSM started blacklisting him again. I think that is lifted now.

febo
11-27-2012, 03:16 AM
As much as we dislike the need for the MSM to get our message out there, we are still dependent upon it to reach the masses who are still asleep to the movement.

The trend is away from the MSM.
RP needs to improve/develop his output now - Texas Straight Talk needs to become a weekly YouTube thing for example.

Tinnuhana
11-27-2012, 04:49 AM
The partisan news networks have him on whenever they want to bash the other side about something that Ron has an opinion on: insert amendment # here. He'll always get spots on the economics shows (FOX Business, for example).
It will be interesting to see how things play out, especially as 2016 approaches.

Eric21ND
11-27-2012, 06:41 AM
Cavuto has joked about Ron having a job on Fox Business and the guys at CNBC have done the same. Wouldn't surprise me if these shows offer him a pundit position in the same vain as Pat Buchanan.