PDA

View Full Version : Obama to again take the oath of office in secret!

green73
11-25-2012, 05:38 AM
This time there will be a twist: the constitutionally mandated date for the presidential swearing-in, Jan. 20, falls on a Sunday in 2013, so Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. will administer the oath to Mr. Obama privately that day at the White House, while the public ceremony, parade, and other events will be pushed back to Monday. (Chief Justice Roberts also administered a private oath to Mr. Obama in 2009, after the two men flubbed the words during the public ceremony.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/24/us/politics/obamas-2nd-inaugural-will-likely-draw-fewer-to-capital.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

nobody's_hero
11-25-2012, 06:29 AM
This is not unheard of.

Four presidents took a private oath when Inauguration Day fell on a Sunday, and then a second oath in a scheduled public ceremony on the next day (Monday): Rutherford B. Hayes in 1877 (who actually took the private oath on March 3, a Saturday, one day before his term started), Woodrow Wilson in 1917, Dwight Eisenhower in 1957, and Ronald Reagan in 1985. Reagan's public oath was also moved indoors to the Capitol Rotunda due to severe winter weather.[24][25][26][27]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_office_of_the_President_of_the_United_Stat es

Natural Citizen
11-25-2012, 05:39 PM
He took a second oath the last election too. The second was the one that was private though. Media was not notified and only one photo was released. And wow was it a wopper. Don't know that folks understand just how much effort is put into some presidential photos for effect or symbolism but they do place a lot of effort into it. Nothing accidental at all about the picture pages from his last private oath either, I don't think. Was a very Sirius election after all. :rolleyes:

jonhowe
11-25-2012, 05:44 PM
If you think this matters, you're incorrect. Obama doesn't care about oaths or promises, so it's not as if he's going to change the words to something he'll actually adhere to.

Natural Citizen
11-25-2012, 05:48 PM
If you think this matters, you're incorrect. Obama doesn't care about oaths or promises, so it's not as if he's going to change the words to something he'll actually adhere to.

Sure he does...or did. Especially the second one. From last election that is...

This thread technically belongs in the astrology thread...sort of. At least my contribution to it.

So, probably should have just read this one and left it for observation value instead of contributing to it, I guess.

ronpaulfollower999
11-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Pretty sure Obama did a second one in 2009 because John Roberts screwed up the first one.

The private one is because the inauguration falls on a Sunday. The actual "festivities" can't take place until Monday.

paulbot24
11-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Ahh the festivities. For some reason, this administration makes me think of what partying with the Aztecs must have been like.

Natural Citizen
11-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Ahh the festivities. For some reason, this administration makes me think of what partying with the Aztecs must have been like.

Probly....

http://2012rising.com/images/182.jpg