PDA

View Full Version : Alabama sheriff's deputy killed, another critical in shootout at home

aGameOfThrones
11-25-2012, 12:32 AM
A man shot and killed one Alabama sheriff's deputy and critically wounded another when they went to his home near Fairhope, Ala., on a report that he was acting aggressively toward family members, authorities said on Saturday.

The shooter, Michael Jansen, also was killed in the exchange of gunfire on Friday afternoon, the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

Baldwin County Sheriff Huey Mack told reporters that the deputies responded to a report that Jansen had "been confrontational with some family members" and were speaking with him at his home near Fairhope, about 15 miles southeast of Mobile.

"While the deputies were on scene and talking to the individual, the individual produced a handgun and began firing at the deputies," Mack told reporters.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/24/15412203-alabama-sheriffs-deputy-killed-another-critical-in-shootout-at-home?lite

Anti Federalist
11-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Wasn't going to be arrested today.

paulbot24
11-25-2012, 02:20 AM
A report that he had been acting aggressively? I wish it said who had called the police. If it was a neighbor, what do they say? "Hi, I'd like to report a neighbor acting confrontational." Who are these people that call the police over garbage like this and where do they come from? I would never call and invite the guns and clipboard brigade. Like Chris Rock says, that's why you either work out or by a gun. Pecs and Tex. Preferably both.:D