PDA

View Full Version : Nashua voters elected felon to N.H. House who is very familiar to Laconia police

Keith and stuff
11-24-2012, 11:57 AM
Sure, in some states felons aren't even allowed to vote. In New Hampshire, not only are felons allowed to vote, they are aloud to run and often win. For example, a friend of mine who served 9 years or so in jail was recently elected as a Republican in New Hampshire.

This is a different story, though. This is a person who has spent her entire adult life in trouble with the law (for crimes with a victim). She did his time, got out and has now won 2 elections, including to the New Hampshire House. This is how easy it is to get elected in New Hampshire. How much did her campaign cost? Likely her total expenses were close to the $2 filing fee.

Nashua voters elected felon to N.H. House who is very familiar to Laconia police
Written by Gail Ober
http://www.laconiadailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/63870-stacie-marie-laughton-s-past

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6026/5916614920_1c330bebc3.jpg

LACONIA — As news of the first transgendered individual to win election to a seat in the New Hampshire Legislature works its way through the Internet, little to nothing has been said or written about Stacie Marie Laughton's past — especially during her years in Laconia.
Laughton, recently elected as one of three lawmakers to represent Hillsborough County House District 31, is a convicted felon and served 4 1/2 months in jail in 2008 for conspiracy to commit credit card fraud. She was also convicted of tire slashing and at one point reportedly admitted she faked illness to gain an ambulance ride from Weirs Beach back to the heart of Laconia.

According to N.H. State law, convicted felons can run for public office as long as they are not incarcerated and they have successfully completed any court-ordered probation.

According to a source who is familiar with Nashua politics, District 31 largely consists of Ward 4 — a Democratic Party stronghold in the city center where voter turnout is traditionally low and both parties often find it difficult to field candidates. In the November election, Laughton bested two Republicans and neither she nor the two other Democrats were challenged in the September primary.

Laughton came to Laconia from Nashua, where she was raised, in 2003, to be near her parents, who had moved to Gilford. At the time, Stacie Marie was named Barry Charles Jr. and in 2005, during her first run for public office — the Laconia City Council in 2005 — she listed her occupation as pastry chef but said she was between jobs. During her time in Laconia, she lived primarily in public assistance housing and engaged in a number of small, home-based businesses, including selling vegetables.

In December of 2006, she lost an election for the at-large seat for the Laconia School Board to incumbent Marge Kerns.
In 2009, she again ran for the Ward 3 seat on City Council, again against Henry Lipman.

In September of 2010, Laughton, running as a Democrat and listed on the ballot as Barry "Stacie" Laughton, lost a Democratic Primary race for one of the five Laconia seats in the N.H. House.

Just 21 at the time, Laughton gained 108 votes (18 percent) in her first run for Laocnia City Council. When she ran for the same office again in 2009 her vote total dropped to just 39 votes (10 percent). She was one of three candidates in the 2006 School Board race, garnering 49 votes (2 percent). And she was the one candidate eliminated in the 2010 Democratic Primary race for the Laconia House seats, attracting 167 votes.
But while Laughton was waging her bid for elective office, she was also attracting attention from the justice system.
On July 5, 2006, Laughton and her now ex-wife Lisa went to Weirs Beach to view the annual fireworks display. Police reports obtained from the Laconia Police said the Laughtons called city police via 9-1-1 at 2:13 a.m., at 3:16 a.m. and at 3:45 a.m. because they were stranded.
They were told city police were not in a position to give them a ride back to Laconia proper — about five miles — where the two lived.
On the last call to 9-1-1, Laughton stated she was suicidal and that Lisa Laughton had fallen. They requested two ambulances and two were sent, along with a city police officer.

Both were transported to Lakes Region General Hospital where Laughton told the attending physician initially that he had called the ambulance because he couldn't sleep and suffered from depression.

In the next breath, reports indicate Laughton said, "Honestly Doc, I was at the Weirs fireworks and didn't have a ride home."
The doctor declined to treat Laughton further and the police said they were unable to drive them home. They called a taxi who took them the short distance from LRGH to their home, told the driver they needed to go inside to get the $4 fare, and never returned to the waiting driver — who called the police.

Records indicate that two police officers went to their Church Street apartment and pounded on the door until Laughton answered. Laughton said he wouldn't pay the $4 fare because the taxi service has assured them that it would run until 2 a.m. but didn't.
Police said she became "increasingly agitated," finally telling the two officers that Laconia District Court Judge David O. Huot (also elected to serve in the new Legislature the 2012 election as a Laconia Democrat) would "laugh the charges out of court" and there was nothing the city police could do about it.

Laughton was charged with one felony count of creating a public alarm (for calling emergency services) and for theft of services — the taxi cab ride from the hospital. The county attorney did not prosecute the felony however, Huot accepted Laughton's guilty plea for theft of services.
Also in 2006, Laughton was convicted of misdemeanor criminal mischief for slashing the tires of another resident in her apartment building with whom he had a long-running disagreement. She was ordered to pay $647 in restitution.

In 2007, Stacie Marie — who was still Barry C. — and Lisa Laughton ran afoul of Laconia Police again.

This time in May, Laconia Police learned from a woman at the Church Street apartment building where the couple had lived before moving to 103 Blueberry Lane, also a Laconia Housing Authority property, that a Citi-Bank credit card had been opened in her name but she didn't open it.
After an investigation, police detectives determined the Laughtons had opened the credit card account in the woman's name and had purchased electronics and paid bills with it.

Documents obtained from Belknap County Superior Court indicate Laughton was indicted on one felony count of conspiracy to commit fraudulent use of a credit card, one count of conspiracy to commit identity fraud, and one count of falsifying physical evidence for disposing of two of the computers, two cell phones and a printer after learning of the police investigation.

On July 29, 2008, she pleaded guilty — under the name of Barry Charles Jr. — to the three charges.

Laughton was sentenced to 7 1/2 to 15 years for conspiracy to commit credit card fraud — all suspended pending 10 years of good behavior, and 3 1/2 to 7 years for the falsifying physical evidence — again suspended to 10 years good behavior. The two suspended sentences were concurrent.

She was sentenced to serve 12 months with four months suspended in the Belknap County House of Corrections for conspiracy to commit fraudulent use of a credit card. According to Department of Corrections media spokesman Jeff Lyons, Laughton served four and one-half months in jail and was released on November 21, 2008.

Ordered to remain on probation for two years, Laughton's probation ended on November 22, 2010. She was ordered to pay $1,991 in restitution, joint and severed with Lisa Laughton. To date, $1,706 remains unpaid, said Lyons.

During the course of legal proceedings, Laughton's attorney asked for a competency evaluation to determine Laughton's mental fitness for trail.
On July 8, 2008, Judge Kenneth McHugh ordered that she was competent to stand trial and was able to assist in her own defense.
McHugh's order recapped some of the testimony of the July 7 hearing of N.H. Chief Forensics Examiner Dr. James Adams.
In his order, McHugh noted that this was the second time Adams had done a competency hearing for Laughton who was given a "primary diagnosis of ADHD with some associated learning disabilities as well as Anti-Social Personality Disorder. But he said the diagnoses would not interfere with Laughton's ability to understand the court proceedings.

On the contrary, Adams said that Laughton did "markedly poorer" on the 2007 test than in the 2003 test although some of the questions were the same.

"The defendant did so poorly that Dr. Adams was compelled to conclude that he intentionally mis-answered the questions," wrote McHugh. "Even such a basic question as 'What is a felony?' was described by the defendant recently as a way to get off a criminal charge."
McHugh wrote that Adams' report stated that even if someone had guessed at all of the answers he or she would have done better than Laughton, leading both the doctor and McHugh to conclude she was a malingerer — defined by Webster's Dictionary as someone who feigns illness to avoid duty or service.

"Thus in Dr. Adams' mind, it was the goal of the defendant to fail all tests because the defendant had determined that to the extent that there were going to be any consequences with respect to his pending criminal charges, he would be better of if those consequences were resolved in a mental health setting rather than in a criminal trial or where confinement in jail or prison was a possibility," McHugh wrote.

FSP-Rebel
11-24-2012, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't be bragging about this one.

Keith and stuff
11-24-2012, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't be bragging about this one.

I'm not bragging about the elected official. I'm pointing out how easy it is to get elected and make a positive difference in New Hampshire. Part of the idea of the FSP was to select the state which would be best for the Project. Why is NH the best state for the Project? 1 reason is NH is the easiest state to get elected in and make positive change. Do you want to be a state rep? Do you want to meet the most powerful people in NH? Do you want to have a chance to talk with them and influence them with your ideas? That is far easier to do in NH than any other state. Now we just need to get several 1,000 liberty folks to NH who are willing to run for office and serve after they are elected.

Depending on the office and location, it is easy to get elected. Even I did it. Even this lady did it. Clearly, sometimes, the voters don't put a lot of thought into how they vote. The liberty activists in NH know this. We understand the system. We just need more bodies because there are 1,000s of elected and appointed positions to fill in NH.

Libertarian Party members? Many current and former LP members have been elected in NH. Gay? It won't hurt you in NH. An anarchist? You can still get elected as either a Democrat or Republican (but only in NH). Transgendered? You can get elected in NH. Atheist? You can get elected in NH. Black, white, hispanic? You can get elected in NH. An orthodox Jew with a traditional beard? Convicted felon? You can get elected in NH. I've seen all of these types of people elected to the NH House in the last 3 election cycles.

If you wanted to get elected, move to NH and talk to me. Unless you have a long history in politics and are somewhat normal, as long as you do the work, I can get you elected.

Anti Federalist
11-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Well I have no history in politics and I'm far from normal.

Maybe we should talk.

I'm not bragging about the elected official. If you wanted to get elected, move to NH and talk to me. Unless you have a long history in politics and are somewhat normal, as long as you do the work, I can get you elected.

That said, s/he is one troubled individual.

Who's paying for all these surgeries and hormones and fake tits or what have you?

When s/he doesn't even have $4 for cabfare.

(I admit to not having read too closely, was this a broad turning into man or dude into a woman? Eh, what does it matter anyways, the mad scientists running this freakshow anymore, would do it for free, just to play havoc.)

Keith and stuff
11-24-2012, 04:00 PM

Maybe we should talk.

My grammar is lacking :o I should have types something like this. As long as you are somewhat normal and willing to do the work, I can get you elected. That is, unless you have a long history in politics.

I don't know who is paying for all of the surgeries. She was born a man.

Ranger29860
11-24-2012, 04:13 PM

Maybe we should talk.

That said, s/he is one troubled individual.

Who's paying for all these surgeries and hormones and fake tits or what have you?

When s/he doesn't even have $4 for cabfare.

(I admit to not having read too closely, was this a broad turning into man or dude into a woman? Eh, what does it matter anyways, the mad scientists running this freakshow anymore, would do it for free, just to play havoc.)

First off where does it say she has taken any hormones? Just by looking at her I can tell she has not touched hormones in either a very long time or never at all. Also what boob job?

Also she is a male to female by the sounds of it since you said you were confused by exactly what was going on. But I am a little distraught at the fact that you just lumped every transgender person into this group of being a bunch of freaks.

That being said she is troubled and with apparently bad decision making skills should not be in office.

Keith and stuff
11-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Also what boob job?

I recommend asking her to find out. If you are a constitute, her home is public record (unless she claims to live at a PO Box) and her legislative email address will be released shortly.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/08/article-2230159-15EC9C40000005DC-939_306x423.jpg

‘Just another lady on the House floor’: New Hampshire elects nation's first transgender lawmaker
Stacie Laughton is first transgender person elected to state legislature
Gender issues are important, but she also wants to represent all people
She is liberal on most issues, but conservative on finances
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 17:59 EST, 8 November 2012 | UPDATED: 15:13 EST, 21 November 2012
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2230159/Stacie-Laughton-New-Hampshire-elects-nations-transgender-lawmaker.html

New Hampshire Elects Nation's First Out Trans Lawmaker
Neither Congress nor any state legislature has any out transgender lawmakers currently. When Stacie Laughton goes to the New Hampshire House, that will change.
Chris Geidner BuzzFeed Staff
http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/new-hampshire-elects-nations-first-trans-lawmaker

AGRP
11-24-2012, 04:29 PM
She is liberal on most issues, but conservative on finances.

The Newspeak is strong in this one.

Keith and stuff
11-24-2012, 04:33 PM
The Newspeak is strong in this one.

It was hard to understand what that means when the 4 things she mentioned very well may mean spending additional tax dollars. In New Hampshire, language like that might mean she is against a state income or state sales tax. I'll get to know her better over the next couple years but my guess is that her record on fiscal issues will show that she is anything but conservative on those issues.

Anti Federalist
11-24-2012, 04:36 PM
First off where does it say she has taken any hormones? Just by looking at her I can tell she has not touched hormones in either a very long time or never at all. Also what boob job?

Also she is a male to female by the sounds of it since you said you were confused by exactly what was going on. But I am a little distraught at the fact that you just lumped every transgender person into this group of being a bunch of freaks.

That being said she is troubled and with apparently bad decision making skills should not be in office.

Sorry, the mad scientists in the medical establishment, running around pumping people full of hormones, cutting them to shreds in multiple surgeries, god knows what they'll turn human beings into next, man-bear-pigs, who knows...it's a freakshow, period.

Especially when, as is most likely the case here, money extorted from me at gunpoint is paying for it.

Tod
11-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Hopefully s/he will exercise good judgment in this job.

AGRP
11-24-2012, 04:52 PM

And get a better hairdo. Reminds me of Danny Devito in Batman.

http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes-12/BatmanReturns21.jpg

Origanalist
11-24-2012, 05:32 PM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs14/f/2007/115/8/4/Manbearpig_by_dizzia.jpg

I would vote for him.

Origanalist
11-24-2012, 05:32 PM

Hope springs eternal.

Ranger29860
11-24-2012, 05:34 PM
I recommend asking her to find out. If you are a constitute, her home is public record (unless she claims to live at a PO Box) and her legislative email address will be released shortly.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/08/article-2230159-15EC9C40000005DC-939_306x423.jpg

‘Just another lady on the House floor’: New Hampshire elects nation's first transgender lawmaker
Stacie Laughton is first transgender person elected to state legislature
Gender issues are important, but she also wants to represent all people
She is liberal on most issues, but conservative on finances
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 17:59 EST, 8 November 2012 | UPDATED: 15:13 EST, 21 November 2012
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2230159/Stacie-Laughton-New-Hampshire-elects-nations-transgender-lawmaker.html

New Hampshire Elects Nation's First Out Trans Lawmaker
Neither Congress nor any state legislature has any out transgender lawmakers currently. When Stacie Laughton goes to the New Hampshire House, that will change.
Chris Geidner BuzzFeed Staff
http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/new-hampshire-elects-nations-first-trans-lawmaker

That is a MUCH better picture of her lol. You don't need a boob job as a transgender person everytime. But honestly I was not attacking her in my response it was really a gut reaction to AF's response. People make mistakes and can get better and I am all for giving people another chance I do hope she does a good job. Just her track record with the police is a little concerning.

tod evans
11-24-2012, 05:41 PM
I would vote for a person convicted of drug crimes in a heartbeat.

Someone who's been convicted of stealing is another matter all-together, but I suppose it is job experience for a politician...

Ranger29860
11-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Sorry, the mad scientists in the medical establishment, running around pumping people full of hormones, cutting them to shreds in multiple surgeries, god knows what they'll turn human beings into next, man-bear-pigs, who knows...it's a freakshow, period.

Especially when, as is most likely the case here, money extorted from me at gunpoint is paying for it.

I know some states are starting to require medical treatment for transgender individuals in prison but I am not aware if NH does it or not. I know Massachusetts does but that is the closest state I can think off.

But if you are referring to government programs like medicare and medicaid I do believe you can get hormones but it is a lot of paperwork and time to get it sorted. But that being said the same hormones are covered for females already and the hard part for transgender people to get the same hormones is on the fact that they have to file a bunch of crap extra to explain why they are marked the opposite sex as the hormones they are prescribed. But there is no " special" treatment they are given over normal females.

But I do agree government should not be paying for ANY medical care through Medicaid but for prisons I think there is a little responsibility if a person comes in already on said hormones. Sex changes are not covered by government health programs on the federal level. Boob jobs included. Again there are cases of certain states allowing it.

All this being said I find it kinda sad that there is a pretty good block of people who are classified as transgender including myself that are freedom lovers and have an intimate understanding about personal freedom and letting others live the way they want to and why that is so important. Are ostracized in this way.

To come on here and see a collectivist attitude about how transgender people aren't human by stating that "god knows what they'll turn human beings into next" implying that we became non human is really disheartening and always shocks me. Sexual identity is a BIG swinging scale that isn't as concrete as "your male or your female".

As an example I am genetically female, was physically male but had testosterone levels of a normal female.

Keith and stuff
11-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Now her local paper has an article about this.

Sunday, November 25, 2012
Newly elected Nashua representative Laughton a convicted felon
By DANIELLE CURTIS
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/984922-469/newly-elected-nashua-representative-laughton-a-convicted.html

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=9CnQU DodraK_uIBcAmo88M$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYvJhDpymk_rBVd bpOUmMbDGWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

Here she is hanging out with the new governor of New Hampshire. https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/545557_4279257537344_1176640044_n.jpg

Here she is encouraging voters to vote all Democratic. https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/224449_4303295138269_884178750_n.jpg

Here she is just a few feet from Obama. https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/249314_4338570300126_1088083169_n.jpg

It is nice that she supports the legalization of marijuana. https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/29357_4338599500856_1387663835_n.jpg

Here is a part of the story. She even comments on the issue on her Facebook page.

But this weekend, that attention turned negative after a story in the Laconia Daily Sun revealed that Laughton served four months in jail in 2008 on felony charges of conspiracy to commit credit card fraud.

While Laughton declined to talk to The Telegraph on Saturday afternoon, saying she had been advised not to comment on the situation, she did take to Facebook to address the news.

“I am sorry for the people that can’t let my past go,” she wrote on her public Facebook page. “I have made mistakes just like everyone else. No one is perfect. I don’t want to talk about my past nor do I care about my past. I live for today and my future. If you want to talk about me please by all means do so. At least your (sic) leaving someone else alone. That is all I have to say about it.”

truelies
11-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Point??? Beyond the reality that the folk of Nashua are fools......

tangent4ronpaul
11-25-2012, 09:47 AM
CC fraud does not give me "warm fuzzies" about letting her anywhere near the public purse strings.

sex change is an interesting idea, though... they don't let you get one till you've lived as a female for 2-3 years. That seems like some pretty out of the box thinking for a male with functioning hardware to get assigned to a all female ward... wolf guarding the hen house... lol!

-t

Keith and stuff
11-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Point??? Beyond the reality that the folk of Nashua are fools......

Most of the people on this forum are about (at least, partly), getting involved in the government system and making positive change. That is easiest to do in places like Nashua, New Hampshire. So, if you want to maximize your liberty activism, move to New Hampshire and get involved here. If you think politics is a large part of the solution to our problems, you may do the most good by getting involved here.

Anti Federalist
11-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Most of the people on this forum are about (at least, partly), getting involved in the government system and making positive change. That is easiest to do in places like Nashua, New Hampshire. So, if you want to maximize your liberty activism, move to New Hampshire and get involved here. If you think politics is a large part of the solution to our problems, you may do the most good by getting involved here.

This.

S/he ran unopposed for the most part.

How easy would it have been to file to run as a democrat and cakewalk right into the state legislature?

These people don't know or care, they're just voting straight ticket, "blue team".

Keith and stuff
11-25-2012, 11:05 AM
This.

S/he ran unopposed for the most part.

How easy would it have been to file to run as a democrat and cakewalk right into the state legislature?

These people don't know or care, they're just voting straight ticket, "blue team".

Yup. In 2011, she and someone else ran write-in campaigns to be Nashua selectmen (election officials). It just took 8 and 10 write-in votes for the 2 candidates to win in 2011. It is very easy to get elected in Nashua Ward 4 it seems as long as you are a Democrat because even though Ward 4 leans heavy Democratic, the Democratic Party cannot even find people to run for all of the positions.

People could run as Republicans there and become GOP State Delegates without much trouble as the GOP wasn't able to field a full slate of candidates in 2010 or 2012.

aGameOfThrones
11-25-2012, 12:11 PM
At least we openly know she's a criminal.

Ranger29860
11-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Public office is a trust position, so yeah we are gonna look in to peoples past and definitely any kind of financial fraud or violent crime is gonna raise a red flag for me. I rather she be completely open about it and then move on to be completely transparent in here political career. Earn her constituents trust that way instead of what comes across as blowing off the issue.

Anti Federalist
11-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Stacie Laughton, Transgender New Hampshire State Representative, Asked To Resign After Fraud Revelation

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/26/stacie-laughton-transgender-state-rep-fraud_n_2193820.html

House Majority Leader Pete Silva, R-Nashua, is calling on newly elected State Rep. Stacie Laughton, D-Nashua, to resign her post after "not coming clean" with constituents about her past conviction for credit card fraud, for which she served four months in Belknap County House of Corrections.

That news came over the weekend in a story published by the Laconia Daily Sun. The Daily Sun's Gail Ober, who wrote the story, said that while Laughton's criminal history was well known in Laconia, she was unaware Laughton was running for office in Nashua until after the election results came in.

nobody's_hero
11-27-2012, 03:50 AM
Apparently NH is one of those states where it might make more sense to run as a democrat. They'll elect anybody.

Keith and stuff
11-27-2012, 10:17 AM
House Majority Leader Pete Silva, R-Nashua, is calling on newly elected State Rep. Stacie Laughton, D-Nashua, to resign her post after "not coming clean" with constituents about her past conviction for credit card fraud, for which she served four months in Belknap County House of Corrections.

Man, that was such a huge mistake on his part. He just got his job a couple weeks before the session ended and is doing a bad job. He also said libertarians are real Republicans. If he wasn't about to lose his job in a week, I'd ask for him to resign. Stacie staying elected helps Republicans in NH by making them look less bad. More to the point, there is no law about being required to mention that you have spent your whole adult life being arrested for hurting people when you run for office.

Anti Federalist
11-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Apparently NH is one of those states where it might make more sense to run as a democrat. They'll elect anybody.

This time around, by all means.

The O-bomb-ya drones came out in force and voted straight democrat ticket.

If ya gotta lie and pander to play the politics game, then why not run as anybody?

Put on your red blazer or blue blazer, make a bunch of bland, non committal statements, and head on down to the Capitol.

Keith and stuff
11-27-2012, 12:15 PM

NH swings more than any other state. With 1,000s of elected officials (and only 1.3 million people) it is very hard for all of the several thousand candidates to stand out. You can break through by trying hard to reach the individual voters but that takes effort. Plenty of pro-liberty Democrats have been elected in NH. We expect a lot more to be elected in the next few years.

Keith and stuff
11-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Since yesterday she has resigned and decided to keep her job. Keep in mind that she is on welfare because she claims she isn't sane enough to have a job. However, she now holds 2 elected positions and does volunteer work so it seems as though she is lying.

Politics is so much fun in New Hampshire. Since it so easy to get elected, lots of interesting characters get elected. This lady is bringing more interest to Nashua politics than even Cop Killing Tom. He was another elected state rep. in NH. He was kicked out of the Democratic Party, GOP and LP. He was also elected multiple times as a Republican State Delegate.

Anyway, back to Stacie.
http://www.unionleader.com/storyimage/UL/20121128/NEWS06/121129194/AR/0/AR-121129194.jpg&q=100&maxw=350

NH's first openly transgender lawmaker reconsiders, will now serve
By SIMON RIOS
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20121128/NEWS06/121129194

Seriously, though. It is much easier to get elected in NH than anywhere else. If you want to make a difference for liberty, move to NH and talk to me. I just guided a good friend to election. It took him all of a couple hours to campaign.

Keith and stuff
11-28-2012, 04:21 PM
He is another elected Democratic. This 1 is resigning because he moved to FL with his husband to live with his mother before the election. He didn't campaign at all from FL but beat 2 incumbent Republicans. I am telling you, it is easy to get elected in New Hampshire! Please join us and make a difference.

http://www.wmur.com/political-scoop/Dem-state-Rep-elect-to-resign-over-residency-issue/-/16254890/17578148/-/1206dv7/-/index.html

Keith and stuff
11-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Introducing the newest New Hampshire state rep. Ok, not really. However, if I was his advisor, he would likely win in NH. It is that easy to get elected.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/263690_515144128503401_954731241_n.jpg

Keith and stuff
12-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Awesome. This crazy woman said she is going to run again. Sure, it is a felony for her to run for office, but what the hell. She is very entertaining in that she is breaking so many laws constantly and a major distraction for the Democratic. Hopefully she wins and isn't arrested until she is in Concord.

December 20. 2012 12:28PM
Transgender female intends to run for seat she vacated
By SIMÓN RIOS
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20121220/NEWS06/121229920

"This is purely based on what my supporters, my friends, my family have asked me to do," said Laughton, 28, D-Nashua, who was elected in November to represent the city's fourth ward.

Laughton identifies as a transgender female. She resigned before taking the seat after revelations of her criminal background, which included a felony conviction in Laconia that landed her for 4 1/2 months in the county jail.

Ringing a bell for the Salvation Army Thursday morning, Laughton said she decided after resigning to give politics a break. But supporters from around the city and state told her she shouldn't have bowed out.

Also, since she is on full disability, it might be illegal for her to be ringing the bell. If you are 100% disabled and getting paid for it, I don't see how you could work full-time for no money.

Keith and stuff
01-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Unfortunately, the NH Secretary of State's office said that Stacie isn't qualified to run for office in New Hampshire because she still hasn't completely her sentence. Don't worry, given 6 additional years of living off federal, state and local welfare, she should have her criminal debts paid off. Maybe she will run again?

She even had to step down from her selectman position because she isn't allowed to be an elected official.

Laughtons Step Down from Selectmen Posts

The City Clerk's office confirmed that there are two seats to fill by appointment in Ward 4.
By Carol Robidoux
January 3, 2013
http://nashua.patch.com/articles/laughtons-asked-to-step-down-from-selectmen-posts

"Bill Gardner told me that if I didn't withdraw, then the case would go before the Ballot Law Commission on Friday for a determination. Honestly, at this point, I was just tired of all the controversy," Laughton said, of her decision to bow out officially as of Jan. 2.

Gardner told Laughton he believes she is ineligible to run for state rep, and in turn, both she and ex-wife Lisa Laughton must relinquish their elected Ward Selectmen posts.

The precedent-setting matter has been a roller coaster ride with plenty of twists – not just for the Laughtons, but for election officials and Nashua voters, as well.