PDA

View Full Version : Stem Cell "SPONGY LAB MEAT" Bacon

presence
11-24-2012, 07:41 AM
In an effort to make meat production more humane,
alleviate hunger and help curb global warming (http://www.mnn.com/eco-glossary/global-warming),
Dutch researchers have developed a way to grow edible meat (http://www.physorg.com/news182779099.html)
in the laboratory from the stem cells of pigs.
[]
"If you look at the sausages
and other things people are willing to eat these days,
this should not be a big problem."

http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/research-innovations/stories/scientists-grow-bacon-from-stem-cells

Related:
Eating meat 'will make you lie, steal and commit sex crimes'
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?396273-Eating-meat-will-make-you-lie-steal-and-commit-sex-crimes&p=4742406&viewfull=1#post4742406

Beef, pork, lamb, venison, chicken, turkey, pheasant, dove, anything that crawls on the seabed....

I enjoy it all!

So whatcha gotta say about this one tod; shall we belly up?

http://www.mnn.com/sites/default/files/bacon_0.jpg

Personally, I feel dirty when I eat at Wendy's... raising your own beef kinda spoils ya.

[Lie]
switching to lab-produced meat could theoretically lower the industry's impact on global warming by up to 95 percent.
[Steal]
In the U.S., similar research was funded by NASA
[Commit Sex Crimes]
If we took the stem cells from one pig and multiplied it by a factor of a million, we would need one million fewer pigs to get the same amount of meat

http://phys.org/news182779099.html#jCp

tod evans
11-24-2012, 09:37 AM
So whatcha gotta say about this one tod; shall we belly up?

Hell I'd try it......I've eaten coon and bear neither of which I'll eat again if I've got a choice..

I'm not afraid to try anything, I seriously doubt I'd make a steady diet of lab-meat when it's so easy to cut it off the carcass..

Origanalist
11-24-2012, 09:43 AM
I would rather hunt rats.

tod evans
11-24-2012, 09:51 AM
I would rather hunt rats.

We have furry-tailed tree-rats a couple of times a year, generally with dumplings, I like 'em...

Origanalist
11-24-2012, 09:58 AM
We have furry-tailed tree-rats a couple of times a year, generally with dumplings, I like 'em...

So does my cat. :p Never had squirrel, not opposed to trying it though.

tod evans
11-24-2012, 10:01 AM
So does my cat. :p Never had squirrel, not opposed to trying it though.

They're good BB gun fodder to get with the kids, a pressure cooker helps tenderize the older ones..

Origanalist
11-24-2012, 10:04 AM
They're good BB gun fodder to get with the kids, a pressure cooker helps tenderize the older ones..

You shoot cute cuddly little squirrels??? :eek: Reported to PETA

tod evans
11-24-2012, 10:07 AM
PETA doesn't venture out in the woods around here..:cool:

Origanalist
11-24-2012, 10:09 AM
I wonder how PETA varmint tastes?

presence
11-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Hell I'd try it......I've eaten coon and bear neither of which I'll eat again if I've got a choice..

I'm not afraid to try anything, I seriously doubt I'd make a steady diet of lab-meat when it's so easy to cut it off the carcass..

See now bear I'll get down on but lab meat I've got issues with. I wouldn't feed that shit to a dog I keep indoors. Maybe a yard dog, but I wouldn't sleep right.

tod evans
11-24-2012, 10:17 AM
See now bear I'll get down on but lab meat I've got issues with. I wouldn't feed that shit to a dog I keep indoors. Maybe a yard dog, but I wouldn't sleep right.

I eat frozen pizza and I'd bet large money there's stuff in those that'd cause most folks to loose it if they knew..

Trying meat grown from stemcells doesn't scare me, it's probably better than the stuff they salvage in the processing plants and grind up for the masses?

Origanalist
11-24-2012, 10:21 AM
I eat frozen pizza and I'd bet large money there's stuff in those that'd cause most folks to loose it if they knew..

Trying meat grown from stemcells doesn't scare me, it's probably better than the stuff they salvage in the processing plants and grind up for the masses?

Not me, it flat out gives me the creeps.

tod evans
11-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Think about stem-cell skin grafts for humans....The technology has to be fairly sound in order to "grow" skin that the body doesn't reject..

But like I said, I doubt I'd make it a steady part of my diet, I'd just try it..:o

Origanalist
11-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Think about stem-cell skin grafts for humans....The technology has to be fairly sound in order to "grow" skin that the body doesn't reject..

But like I said, I doubt I'd make it a steady part of my diet, I'd just try it..:o

Hey, knock yourself out. :) It just isn't for me.....

tod evans
11-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Hey, knock yourself out. :) It just isn't for me.....

Not trying to convince you..And I'm certainly not going to pay to try it...

presence
11-24-2012, 10:34 AM

Now dumplin' I'll have to try but let me tell you: 1/4'ed - 30 minutes in pressure cooker, pan fry crispy, finish with Tabasco wing sauce = where its at.

Origanalist
11-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Not trying to convince you..And I'm certainly not going to pay to try it...

Time for my sausage and eggs. :p

tod evans
11-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Time for my sausage and eggs. :p

I hope the sausage comes in white butcher paper and not cellophane..:eek:

Origanalist
11-24-2012, 10:43 AM
I hope the sausage comes in white butcher paper and not cellophane..:eek:

Unfortunately not, I'm on a pretty low budget at the moment. Jimmy Dean, on sale...

talkingpointes
11-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Jovans Paradox. If the meat is that good and that cheap, it won't be long till prices rise anyways becuase people will be using and eating it way more.

tod evans
11-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Unfortunately not, I'm on a pretty low budget at the moment. Jimmy Dean, on sale...

Do I need to 'splain?

Danke
11-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Wonder if they could do this for Sushi?

tod evans
11-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Wonder if they could do this for Sushi?

Do fish have stem cells?

Origanalist
11-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Do I need to 'splain?

Naw, I know where you're going. :eek: