PDA

View Full Version : The REAL reason why Ron Paul lost and why no good candidate can ever win.

ssunlimited
11-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Here I wrote the article and posted it here: http://amilius0.blogspot.com/2008/12/election-fraud-how-election-is-stole.html . Please read it and watch the videos. I say in order for an honest president to win and have equal and fair chance for any candidate to win, we must change this! My ideas are force the media to report all presidential candidates equally and federalize election campaign. Give each candidate an equal amount of money for their campaigns so that no one will have an advantage because of money or media time. Once again, please read that article. I wrote it and I feel its most important.

realtonygoodwin
11-23-2012, 04:05 PM
So, you want to socialize the democratic process, and have the Federal government have more control over it, and have the Federal government have control over what the media reports, and use taxpayer money to fund candidates?

Terrible ideas.

ssunlimited
11-23-2012, 04:07 PM
So, you want to socialize the democratic process, and have the Federal government have more control over it, and have the Federal government have control over what the media reports, and use taxpayer money to fund candidates?

Terrible ideas.

I think those ideas are good. Its better than candidates winning because of money and media bias, isn't it?

realtonygoodwin
11-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Not really. The point is to reduce Federal government involvement in our lives, not increase it.

ssunlimited
11-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Then what should we do about this problem? Of course honest candidates, whose media biases against them in favor for the worse candidate, stand no chance. The only other idea I have is to mass petition the media but I'm not sure it will work.

realtonygoodwin
11-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Well, you have identified the issues as money and media bias.

The answer is to get wealthy, and use your wealth to support candidates. In addition, and probably more importantly, is to become influential within the media, in order to counter the biases.

But something not mentioned is voter education. Most voters were indoctrinated in government schools and liberal colleges. Get involved with the education of the populace. Become a teacher or a professor, or the President of a University even.

ssunlimited
11-23-2012, 04:41 PM
I think my original ideas are better than these. And better than have money and media bias controlling the elections.

Dr.3D
11-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Well, you have identified the issues as money and media bias.

The answer is to get wealthy, and use your wealth to support candidates. In addition, and probably more importantly, is to become influential within the media, in order to counter the biases.
That isn't going to change the way the media works. If you understand who controls the media you would know that.

But something not mentioned is voter education. Most voters were indoctrinated in government schools and liberal colleges. Get involved with the education of the populace. Become a teacher or a professor, or the President of a University even.
Perhaps many voters rather than most voters would be a better way to think about this one. You won't get past first base if you want to be a teacher, professor or perhaps the President of an University if you don't display your liberalism. They are very careful not to allow those who are not liberal get involved in the system.

Aeroneous
11-23-2012, 04:58 PM
They are very careful not to allow those who are not liberal get involved in the system.

I don't know what the answer to the whole problem is, but I'm really curious what makes you think this? Are you a college professor who has been discriminated against for a Dean position because you're not a Democrat? Obviously a lot of colleges and universities have liberal tendencies, but I really have a hard time believing they just flat out discriminate like that. All the PhDs and Professors I've talked to have told me the that research ability and number/quality of publications are what really matter.

TheTexan
11-23-2012, 05:05 PM
While the media does control the populace to a large extent, there is another part of that equation. Much of what the media does is just giving the people what they want. They want Left vs Right. They want entertainment. They want shallow talking points. They want just enough news so they can pretend that they know what they are talking about.

If their favorite news station started giving them something real? The truth? They'd change the channel.

MelissaWV
11-23-2012, 05:18 PM
While the media does control the populace to a large extent, there is another part of that equation. Much of what the media does is just giving the people what they want. They want Left vs Right. They want entertainment. They want shallow talking points. They want just enough news so they can pretend that they know what they are talking about.

If their favorite news station started giving them something real? The truth? They'd change the channel.

Thank you.

Yes, there are some people who are anxious for a true alternative, but most of them are already not voting. It's ridiculous to think most people who currently vote aren't perfectly happy watching "the candidates" (read: Dem vs. GOP) duke it out and out-scandal one another in the home stretch. They are. They don't need to know specifics or voting records or who the winner is likely to nominate/appoint for various positions. They don't even know those positions exist, and they don't really care. They just know "their guy" needs their vote or, barring that, "their party" needs it.

Barrex
11-23-2012, 05:32 PM
I dont like title that you gave this thread.

Also I dont agree. I see problems, a lot of them but defeatist attitude is something that I personally really really find repulsive... It simply touches my nerve the wrong way.

Kodaddy
11-23-2012, 05:38 PM
The idea is to strip the federal government of its powers, not increase them. If the government had less influence, then there would be less influence to buy. Large corporations are not going to donate to a candidate that cannot give them something in return...

realtonygoodwin
11-23-2012, 05:49 PM
That isn't going to change the way the media works. If you understand who controls the media you would know that.

Perhaps many voters rather than most voters would be a better way to think about this one. You won't get past first base if you want to be a teacher, professor or perhaps the President of an University if you don't display your liberalism. They are very careful not to allow those who are not liberal get involved in the system.

The idea is WE would control the media.

CUnknown
11-25-2012, 01:01 AM
Obviously something has to be done about PACs and Citizen's United. We need campaign finance reform. I think his idea are better than many presented in this thread, especially the idea "get wealthy and use your wealth to influence the elections" -- that's terrible! That's what we should be fighting against here. I don't think publicly financed elections are a great idea either, but it is sure a better idea than wealthy people influencing elections!

idiom
11-25-2012, 04:03 AM
Its clear we need to control the media. There are a lot of us working really hard on this right now.

It will change everything.

green73
11-25-2012, 04:25 AM
The state is an evil, partasitic institution born out of murder and conquest, and made all the more insidious by being made democratic--to fool the people that they are in control. Furthermore, the very worst in society rise to the top in gov't. Dump it. Privatize everything.

ssunlimited
11-25-2012, 07:27 AM
I think we should publicly finance elections. Give each candidates an equal amount to spend on their campaign. This way no candidate would have a monetary advantage. Everyone would be equal. That would be the first step to getting this right. The next would be to petition/boycott the media to give all candidates equal press time. Though it would be better to just make it a law but that might be harder to do.

Bruehound
11-25-2012, 11:25 AM
I think we should publicly finance elections. Give each candidates an equal amount to spend on their campaign. This way no candidate would have a monetary advantage. Everyone would be equal. That would be the first step to getting this right. The next would be to petition/boycott the media to give all candidates equal press time. Though it would be better to just make it a law but that might be harder to do.

Whenever money is given away people will line up to take it. Long lines of people. Now imagine every single person in the country having access to a publicly financed campaign. It would be an overwhelming amount of people, right? So we have to set some sort of threshold/requirements for funding, right? Do you SERIOUSLY want government to be setting those rules????????

Adrock
11-25-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't see how more lobbyist written laws and regulations will help. The reason there is so much money in elections and politics is that the federal government has so much to give away in terms of influence and other peoples money. The liberty position should be that big money will not be as interested in federal politics if the government didn't have it to give away in the first place. Give everything not stated in the constitution to the individuals, localities and states respectively.

ssunlimited
11-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Whenever money is given away people will line up to take it. Long lines of people. Now imagine every single person in the country having access to a publicly financed campaign. It would be an overwhelming amount of people, right? So we have to set some sort of threshold/requirements for funding, right? Do you SERIOUSLY want government to be setting those rules????????

What you seem to not understand is that IT CAN ONLY BE USED FOR CAMPAIGNS NOT PERSONAL GAIN. I say give every candidate $25 million to use however they like and that money only

TheTexan
11-25-2012, 11:38 PM
I say give every candidate $25 million to use however they like and that money only

Where does that $25 million come from?

Ignostic?
11-26-2012, 12:28 AM
What you seem to not understand is that IT CAN ONLY BE USED FOR CAMPAIGNS NOT PERSONAL GAIN. I say give every candidate $25 million to use however they like and that money only

Does that mean I could get $25 million to tour the country as long as I'm campaigning for president at the same time? Sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Count me in.

The Free Hornet
11-26-2012, 12:54 AM

Thomas Jefferson thought education was vital to the cause of liberty.

It is an axiom in my mind that our liberty can never be safe but in the hands of the people themselves, and that too of the people with a certain degree of instruction. This it is the business of the state to effect, and on a general plan. -TJ (http://www.libertarianism.org/publications/essays/excursions/thomas-jefferson-public-education-part-1)

Now, I do not doubt that educated people demanding liberty is preferable to the uneducated demanding tyranny, however he promoted a mechanism that accomplishes the exact opposite of what was intended:

The tutor to be supported by the hundred, and every person in it entitled to send their children three years gratis, and as much longer as they please, paying for it.

Entrusting government to fairly finance - again with our effing money - is equally stupid. You are extremely naive if you think this isn't used for personal gain. I'd be surprised if both Obama and Romney didn't have millions of dollars embezzled or ill-spent to line pockets (not Romney or Obama personally although they likely throw a lot of campaign business to friends) from their campaigns. Many people have plenty to gain: advisers, pollsters, advertisers, printers, et cetera.

It is ALL used for personal gain TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS of dollars every year. Open your eyes man.

WarAnonymous
11-26-2012, 03:10 AM
So they get 25 million... Then they make back room deals, or create some loopholes to where they get more? Then it become unfair all over again. For every law created, there's a loophole for the corrupt.

TruckinMike
11-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Then what should we do about this problem? Of course honest candidates, whose media biases against them in favor for the worse candidate, stand no chance. The only other idea I have is to mass petition the media but I'm not sure it will work.

Destroy the UNQUESTIONING TRUST that republicans have for these Marxist sympathizers:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1160/radiomafia2.jpg

jbauer
11-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Probably be easier to just turn over the entire government to someone. Maybe Obama since he's in there now?..........

Giuliani was there on 911
11-27-2012, 03:26 PM
the media is our biggest enemy. I would actually prefer it in the hands of the government than its current hands. We all know who controls the media and why they hate us.