PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush considering 2016 run

itshappening
11-23-2012, 01:09 PM
I hope him and Rubio run, should make Florida easier to win if they split the vote there!

-
Friends of Jeb Bush say the former Florida governor is starting to mull a run for president in 2016, according to the The New York Times.

The newspaper says the Republican – whose father and brother were both president – is “weighing financial and family considerations.”

Those considerations include the length of time he’s spent in office, how the recession hurt his wealth and whether Republicans are ready to nominate another Bush.

“It continues to intrigue him, given how much he has to share with the country,” Al Cardenas, the chairman of the American Conservative Union, said of Bush.

Earlier this week, his son, Jeb Bush Jr., seemed to indicate that Bush is open to a campaign by saying in a CNN interview, “I certainly hope so,” when asked if his father will run.

It’s believed that Florida Sen. Marco Rubio – who considers Bush to be a mentor and is thought to have national ambitions– would likely not embark on a campaign for president if Bush decided to run.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/23/jeb-bush-said-to-be-considering-2016-run/#ixzz2D4fzbhy0

itshappening
11-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Check out the comments. If they're anything to go by he wont be running.

--
wolfveryne • 2 hours ago

When the Republicans had all Branches of Government ,, what did We get ? ?
"0" ,, Nothing ,, they blew it Big time !

tomw wolfveryne • 2 hours ago

We got a couple of un-funded wars and some bridges to nowhere. No student left behind.Patriot Acts 1 and 2, Department of homeland Security.TSA. Zero in border security.A president that took a lot of power for himself,and now that power belongs to the guy in office now.The party that preached small government managed to double the size of it.I could keep going, but it is depressing

Matt Collins
11-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Prevailing thought is that everyone will be clamoring for Rubio to run, and then he'll defer to Jeb. He is Jeb's protege so it's unlikely that they would both run simultaneously. Jeb's past isn't so bumpy, Rubio has a lot of skeletons.

itshappening
11-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Prevailing thought is that everyone will be clamoring for Rubio to run, and then he'll defer to Jeb. He is Jeb's protege so it's unlikely that they would both run simultaneously. Jeb's past isn't so bumpy, Rubio has a lot of skeletons.

Bush brand is far too toxic so Jeb might be the one deferring to Rubio (along with his neocon backers).

Check the comments on DC. 90% say no way.

romacox
11-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Jeb Bush is co-chairman of CFR board to promote immigration reform is U.S. http://www.cfr.org/immigration/us-immigration-policy (http://www.cfr.org/immigration/us-immigration-policy/p20030)/p20030

He also was reported in the Tampa Tribune as promoting a strip of land set aside for "bears, bald eagles and use by the Navy from Tallahassee to the Keys (agenda 21). I saw it years ago, but seems to have been buried.

jkob
11-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Bush brand is far too toxic so Jeb might be the one deferring to Rubio (along with his neocon backers).

I think you underestimate how stupid people are and how connected the Bush's are. The media has long held Jeb as the 'smart Bush' and trumpet that he's reasonable, moderate, and modern. The liberal media will seamlessly shift to blaming 'obstructionist Tea Party extremists' and long for the day of reasonable Republicans like George Bush who could 'get stuff done'.

Hilary vs Jeb 2016, the establishment's dream

God help us

Agorism
11-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Bush Crime Family going for another raid?

mz10
11-23-2012, 02:40 PM
This is the best news I've heard all day. I really don't think Jeb Bush will be the nominee.

itshappening
11-23-2012, 02:41 PM
I think you underestimate how stupid people are and how connected the Bush's are. The media has long held Jeb as the 'smart Bush' and trumpet that he's reasonable, moderate, and modern. The liberal media will seamlessly shift to blaming 'obstructionist Tea Party extremists' and long for the day of reasonable Republicans like George Bush who could 'get stuff done'.

Hilary vs Jeb 2016, the establishment's dream

God help us

I cannot see the GOP voters going for another Bush. They only went for the last one because it was either W. or McCain and he scooped up the social cons in Iowa and SC. Jeb has zero appeal to those social cons and he's another Bush. I can't see him getting anywhere in IA, NH or SC.

FrankRep
11-23-2012, 02:47 PM
I hope him and Rubio run, should make Florida easier to win if they split the vote there!

Jeb Bush will tunnel votes to Marco Rubio.

Agorism
11-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Florida needs to be punished. They lost 50% of their electoral votes for going to early.

I think they should lose 100% if they do it again.

pacelli
11-23-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm sorry but the Bush family is not the republican party. This dynasty bullshit needs to stop, vote the creeps out!

GunnyFreedom
11-23-2012, 03:43 PM
We can safely say that if Jeb Bush is the GOP nominee in 2016, that 1) the elections are fraudulent, and 2) the GOP is dead.

Dr.3D
11-23-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm sorry but the Bush family is not the republican party. This dynasty bullshit needs to stop, vote the creeps out!
I wish he would just stand in the toilet and pull the chain so he would go where he belongs.

Matt Collins
11-23-2012, 04:16 PM

Check the comments on DC. 90% say no way.You underestimate the power of marketing. Not to mention, most Republicans would've rather had Jeb Bush than Mitt Romney as their nominee, just sayin....

Brett85
11-23-2012, 05:04 PM
I just can't understand why Jeb Bush would think that the American people would vote to put yet another Bush in office. Does Jeb not realize the amount of damage George W. Bush caused the Republican Party and caused our country?

GunnyFreedom
11-23-2012, 05:08 PM
I just can't understand why Jeb Bush would think that the American people would vote to put yet another Bush in office. Does Jeb not realize the amount of damage George W. Bush caused the Republican Party and caused our country?

No, they have no idea. Ivory towers and such. I have never met a more disconnected people than those serving in public office.

alucard13mmfmj
11-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Bush legacy vs Paul legacy. I wonder which will the people pick.

angelatc
11-23-2012, 06:10 PM

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but I think that 2 years ago Mitt Romney would have received the same type pf comments.

JJ2
11-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Let the establishment pick Jeb! They won't be able to commit enough fraud to get him the nomination. And they're more delusional than they were with Romney if they think ANY Bush could win a general election. (Unless the whole point was for Romney to lose.)

Matt Collins
11-23-2012, 07:08 PM
I just can't understand why Jeb Bush would think that the American people would vote to put yet another Bush in office. Does Jeb not realize the amount of damage George W. Bush caused the Republican Party and caused our country?People voted to reelect Bush, and they also voted to reelect Obama. What does that tell ya?

Brett85
11-23-2012, 07:09 PM
People voted to reelect Bush, and they also voted to reelect Obama. What does that tell ya?

You would think that people would get it figured out sooner or later.

Matt Collins
11-23-2012, 07:16 PM
You would think that people would get it figured out sooner or later.In classical literature there is a concept called "the unthinking masses".

ronpaulfollower999
11-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Jebby was a popular governor in Florida.

While Jr. had 9/11 to boost his popularity, Jeb had to deal with a couple bad hurricane seasons which made him look like a leader.

I also think he has a hispanic wife. Another plus.

supermario21
11-23-2012, 07:17 PM
I think Bush and Obama, in addition to both being terrible, both had outstanding campaign/organizing committees. It's why, if Rand wants to run, that its important he gets the infrastructure built early on. GOTV wins elections at this point, and both Bush and Obama's machines powered them to their two victories. OFA had the Clinton crew stunned and it was too late by the time they recovered.

GunnyFreedom
11-23-2012, 08:01 PM
I think Bush and Obama, in addition to both being terrible, both had outstanding campaign/organizing committees. It's why, if Rand wants to run, that its important he gets the infrastructure built early on. GOTV wins elections at this point, and both Bush and Obama's machines powered them to their two victories. OFA had the Clinton crew stunned and it was too late by the time they recovered.

And also why, if we want to start making serious political gains, we have to "get over" this herding cats "you don't tell me what to do" BS.