PDA

View Full Version : RP on colbert Report

njandrewg
06-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Started out with Colbert claiming his bump.

Then showed interviews with like 10 people at 7:18 asking about Ron Paul and noone knew him. Then after the show, showed all the RP supporters chanting and then showed different clips in other "countries" and ancient rome.

And then showed RP bump from 0 to 2%

Essentially 5 minutes of chanting "Ron Paul"

njandrewg
06-21-2007, 09:39 PM
bah someone posted before me. At least I gave the play by play :P

singapore_sling
06-21-2007, 09:42 PM
damn i turned on colbert like 4 mins. ago, guess i missed it. Hoping for a youtube clip!

LibertyEagle
06-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Man, that's disheartening that no one knew him. Including me, we've just got to be spending as much time OFF the net, physically going out and handing out campaign literature and talking to people.

dspectre
06-21-2007, 09:50 PM
It takes time, and I wouldn't trust those polls too much...

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 08:28 AM
damn i turned on colbert like 4 mins. ago, guess i missed it. Hoping for a youtube clip!

Did anyone YouTube this? Would be a great thing to splice into another RP video.

graystar
06-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Did anyone YouTube this? Would be a great thing to splice into another RP video.

It is on colbert's web site.

berkeleybound
06-22-2007, 08:35 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5575203674607768996
Also

peruvianRP
06-22-2007, 08:56 AM
that was funny.

torchbearer
06-22-2007, 09:03 AM
maybe by virtue of colbert mentioning him all the time... people will remember his name.

SeanEdwards
06-22-2007, 09:04 AM
It looks like RP has a lock on ancient Rome at least. That's got to be good.

Bossobass
06-22-2007, 09:13 AM
I think Colbert is great. I never heard of him before RP's appearance (don't watch TV) and I sent him an e-mail telling him so. I also said the RP segment was excellent and that I did indeed see the 'Colbert bump' on Alexa.

This is why I am such a fanatic supporter of traveling to the debate venues and shows like Colbert's in great numbers to show physical support.

RP could travel to every major city in America, one after the other, and not get as much exposure as he will in Charleston, SC on July 23 at the next debate (hint, hint).

If, for example, there is a RP crowd of 1,000 people at the next debate, there will be countless stories, reports, articles and YT vid views of the event.

It will confirm the fact that RP has real support. It will attract new support exponentially. It will make for excellent RP flyers and posters. It will encourage us to get out in the field.

It's win, win, win.

BTW, I'll be starting a thread just after the July 4th holiday regarding the debate in Charleston. I'll be updating the various Meetup feedback, number of those who plan to attend, hookups for a ride there, etc.

As of now, I have a party of 5. I'll be attending my first Charlotte, NC Meetup and spreading my fanatic admonition to everyone here in Charlotte to plan the trip. The Granny Warriors and great folks from western NC updates, etc.

Sorry for the hijack, but I love any media attention RP can get. Colbert's doing a follow-up is just what we asked for. Thanks to him for another great segment.

Bosso

angelatc
06-22-2007, 09:26 AM
maybe by virtue of colbert mentioning him all the time... people will remember his name.

Maybe Colbert will do a little spot on him every time he goes up in the polls. It might be a good gag, and maybe Stephen will get invited to the inaugural ball as a result.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 09:52 AM
That was pretty good. The supporters were REAL, of course, and from BEFORE the show. Nice that he used that footage. Ancient Rome. LOL

mconder
06-22-2007, 10:05 AM
My group was out last night talking Ron Paul with the public, so there are people doing it. I just don't know if that's happening everywhere.

mport1
06-22-2007, 11:09 AM
"think Colbert is great. I never heard of him before RP's appearance (don't watch TV) and I sent him an e-mail telling him so."

The Colbert Report is the best show on TV right now. I've seen every episode. I highly suggest it.

joenaab
06-22-2007, 12:18 PM
that was great! thanks for posting it.

d'anconia
06-22-2007, 12:23 PM
The Colbert Report is the best show on TV right now. I've seen every episode. I highly suggest it.

That's exactly what I was thinking. He's so quick that I'd place his show easily the best comedy on TV, maybe even the best show period. Absolutely hilarious, I love the opening segment ALWAYS. Last night's was great "he sure seems to know a lot about conspiracy theories for someone who is supposedly *innocent*". God I love his show. I hope he has RP back on again.

torchbearer
06-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Maybe Colbert will do a little spot on him every time he goes up in the polls. It might be a good gag, and maybe Stephen will get invited to the inaugural ball as a result.

I can see the running gag... and then eventually Colbert will take reponsibility for Ron Paul getting elected. Calling himself the King Maker.