PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Special Election; We Should run a LIBERTY Candidate!

BSU kid
11-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Jessie Jackson Jr. just called it quits, and a Special Election will soon be announced to fill his seat. Does anyone know any RP supporters, or Liberty Candidates who might be willing to run in this race...if so we should start a draft movement. I used to live in IL-2, it is by far one of the most corrupt districts in the country but I could see an anti-drug war, prison reform candidate doing well here especially in the democratic primary but a republican could feasibly win a primary much easier and then attempt to win the general.

tangent4ronpaul
11-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Why not run 2 candidates - a dem and a repub

-t

PauliticsPolitics
11-21-2012, 11:12 PM
The democratic primary is the real election in a district like that.
I mean, you can run a repub, but seriously, the general elections go like 80-20 around there.
The last election (2010) was this for the general:
Democratic - - - Jesse Jackson, Jr. ===== 150,666 - - 80.52%
Republican - - - - Isaac Hayes ========= 25,883 - - 13.83%
Green - - - - Anthony W. Williams ======== 10,564 - - 05.65%

I mean, the GOP barely does better than the Green Party.
So in short, an independent democrat is really the only way to go.
It would be hard though, I mean, these are machine-democrat seats.

BSU kid
11-21-2012, 11:21 PM
It should be noted that a LP party candidate received 11.5% of the vote in 2004, the addition of rural sectors in Kankakee and Will County have made it slightly redder but it is still an extremely democratic district. However Jessie Jackson Jr. only received 63% of the vote this election cycle compared to the previous election where he has received 80%+ which shows some cracks. Demographically the district is primarily African American, most are low-income but many are middle to upper income especially in the suburbs. A significant White population can be found in rural areas and the Homewood/Flossmoor area...a significant Hispanic population can be found in Chicago Heights.

With JJ jr. gone this seat is wide open especially for democrats...voter turnout will also likely be low since it is a special election. If a RP supporter were willing to run, they might have an opening not usually seen in a district like this.

muzzled dogg
11-21-2012, 11:41 PM
run a dem

cindy25
11-22-2012, 12:07 AM
in a crowded Dem primary, with a very low turnout (probably less than 10%) anything could happen

CaseyJones
11-22-2012, 12:15 AM
who?

John F Kennedy III
11-22-2012, 12:31 AM
Why not run 2 candidates - a dem and a repub

-t

This ^

John F Kennedy III
11-22-2012, 12:34 AM
The democratic primary is the real election in a district like that.
I mean, you can run a repub, but seriously, the general elections go like 80-20 around there.
The last election (2010) was this for the general:
Democratic - - - Jesse Jackson, Jr. ===== 150,666 - - 80.52%
Republican - - - - Isaac Hayes ========= 25,883 - - 13.83%
Green - - - - Anthony W. Williams ======== 10,564 - - 05.65%

I mean, the GOP barely does better than the Green Party.
So in short, an independent democrat is really the only way to go.
It would be hard though, I mean, these are machine-democrat seats.

THE Isaac Hayes?

CaseyJones
11-22-2012, 12:36 AM
seriously I am all for it and I think running them as a Dem would be a good idea but who?

BAllen
11-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Run as a Dem, then always vote constitution conservative. :D
I believe liberty candidates fare better in local elections anyway, don't they?

BSU kid
11-22-2012, 01:04 AM
seriously I am all for it and I think running them as a Dem would be a good idea but who?

No idea, surely there is a future Massie/Bentivolio in the making somewhere in that district. Maybe someone who is part of the RP Chicago Meetup group, someone on this forum, DP etc.

AdamL
11-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Draft Lupe Fiasco for Congress!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDncSNmg3RA

“I got slave blood in these veins n---- this system you want us to participate in at 1point until very recently didn't recognize my humanity. Let me heal from the wounds of 400 years of institutionalized agony and destruction first...then maybe I'll think about voting... For a system and a government that kills and steals all over the f------ world with impunity and heartlessness for sake of what???” Fiasco wrote. “Not even in the name of GOD, in the name of corporate profit!! i aint voting 4 dat s---.”

“You vote for the murderers or you vote for the murderers. You vote for the rich guy or you vote for the rich guy. To me, it’s the same thing,” Fiasco said on the Hartford radio show.

“Barack Obama can’t give you all the jobs,” Fiasco continued. “Mitt Romney’s not going to give you a bunch of jobs. I think that’s a cop out for people to say that, ‘If you don’t vote, then you’re not really doing anything and if you don’t vote you don’t really have a say.’ At the end of the day, you are the ones who voted for these guys. The ones that tore the system and broke it down and tore it to pieces.”

http://www.ibtimes.com/lupe-fiasco-goes-political-twitter-rant-after-dl-hughley-calls-him-dumb-793710

John of Des Moines
11-22-2012, 03:24 AM
in a crowded Dem primary, with a very low turnout (probably less than 10%) anything could happen

Back around 1990 a Lyndon LaRouch person ran for Lt. Governor in the Illinois Democratic primary who had an "Irish" sounding name. The establishment candidate had more of a "Polish" sounding name. The LaRouch person won the ballot spot and Adlai Stevenson III who was the Democratic candidate for Governor freaked out - ended up running as an independent.

P.S. - Somebody with the name Jessie Jackson should run.

idiom
11-22-2012, 04:07 AM
We aint doin anything else right now.

Let take over the DNC! Well a very small slice of it.

But yeah, the Gop primary should be a walk over. We should be able to pull of both if we can get the funding together.

evilfunnystuff
11-22-2012, 09:47 AM
bump

BSU kid
11-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Shouldn't be to hard to find and win a candidate in the GOP Primary, we have multiple C4L members in that district including. We just need to contact these people.

BSU kid
11-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Potential GOP Candidate:

Lisa Wogans - Political Activist, C4L member, "Classic Liberal", Illinois4RonPaul Kankakee County Chair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VXhh8r_e7g

http://www.yatedo.com/p/Lisa+%28Metcalf%29+Wogan/normal/837676014bbb8e65c20ba75ac802bd0d

http://www.linkedin.com/in/lisawogan

CaseyJones
11-22-2012, 03:11 PM
ok cool some ideas..

CaseyJones
11-22-2012, 03:14 PM
any more? and I really do think it should be a Liberty Dem

BSU kid
11-22-2012, 03:41 PM
any more? and I really do think it should be a Liberty Dem

As do I, but I do not know who.

realtonygoodwin
11-22-2012, 03:53 PM
The issue with running both is that a voter can't vote in both primaries. Thus, the vote could be split, allowing a different candidate to win. If there is one clear liberty candidate, they would gather most of the liberty votes.

Victor Grey
11-22-2012, 04:25 PM
The winner in that race is going to be a democrat.

Let's be sane here. 80% with a lowpoint of 60, it's going to be a democrat.

If it's going to be tried, run on the democrat ticket.

This is coming from a person skeptical on running democrat liberty candidates.
Run on the democrat party here, or it's just rubbing ego and daydreams.

AJ Antimony
11-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Complete waste of time and money.

itshappening
11-22-2012, 07:42 PM
whoever has the best machine will win the D primary.

good luck in organizing one quickly... The corrupt locals have this sewn up.

BSU kid
11-27-2012, 11:40 AM
The first declared republican is an extreme neo-con:

http://www.congressionalprimaries.org/candidate/57