PDA

View Full Version : "Gun Owners of America for Ron Paul..."

JTCoyoté
11-20-2007, 07:42 PM
I just received an urgent alert from the Ron Paul Presidential campaign... It seems that many of us are holding our dollars back in order to donate on the December 16th Ron Paul Tea Party Donation Drive. The only problem with this is, the date is a month away... and much money is needed for ads and expenses NOW!

What follows is the letter I received from Jonathan Bydlak Fund-raising Director of Ron Paul 2008...

"November 20, 2007

During the first few days of October, we announced our fundraising goal for the fourth quarter: $12 million raised by December 31.

But there's more: we need to have spent it by then, too.

If we were to raise the entire $12 million in the last week of December, we would meet our fund-raising goal for the quarter. But Ron Paul would stand little chance of winning the Republican nomination, because that money would have come in too late.

Time is of the essence. You see, we need to raise money well before we plan to spend it. That's because most of the expenditures that we make need to be paid for weeks in advance. For example, we need to buy crucial airtime for the end of December right now.

The sooner we raise this money, the sooner that we can spread Dr. Paul's message - our message - in the early primary states. Time truly is money.

Fact is, we only have about two weeks to raise money for the early primaries.

If you wait a month from now to donate, your money will only be spent after Iowa caucus-goers and New Hampshire primary voters have made up their minds.

We are rapidly running out of time. The Iowa caucus is just 44 days away. New Hampshire is in 49 days. With so much ground to make up, we can't afford to waste a single day.

As a result, we are spending faster than the rate at which we are raising money. In October alone, we raised $2.8 million, but our campaign spent over $3.1 million.

We cannot afford to wait for bursts of press activity. What we need is sustained attention in the news. What better way to do this than by continuing to raise money at a rapid pace now? We need to keep our momentum going.

Help us win in New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina, and Nevada.

Make your most generous contribution as soon as you can: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate.

Jonathan Bydlak
Fundraising Director
Ron Paul 2008"

What I suggest is that we spread the giving out a bit... Sooo...

For the first time since the Brady Bill was challenged on 10th Amendment grounds and ruled unconstitutional... but only after the institution of insta-check... we find ARMS on trial before the Court once again...

Right now, for the first time since the controversial 1939 ruling in US v Miller, the Supreme court is about to rule on the meaning of the Second Amendment...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

This is in challenge to the controversial Washington D.C. gun ban...

November 30th will be the 14th anniversary of William Jefferson Clinton, signing into law, the Brady Bill. It mandated a nation wide 5 day waiting period on firearms sales, while a background check was performed on the purchaser, as well as placing the arm and the purchaser into a data base... de-facto registration.

My suggestion is that all Gun Owners and Second Amendment Supporters who are also Supporters of Dr. Ron Paul's presidential bid, donate $100 to Ron Paul's campaign in protest of all firearms laws and abridgments of the Second Amendment which infringe on the right of FREE AMERICANS to keep and bear Arms!

November 30th 2007 shall become...

"Gun Owners of America for Ron Paul... Donation Day"

--Oldyoti

"The moral and constitutional obligations of our representatives in Washington are to protect our liberty, not coddle the world, precipitating no-win wars, while bringing bankruptcy and economic turmoil to our people." ~Ron Paul

Matthew Zak
11-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Videos are very affective. You video gurus do your magic!

sirachman
11-20-2007, 07:44 PM
read existing posts first please.

TooConservative
11-20-2007, 07:50 PM
So have the RKBA folks (NRA, GOA, JPFO) designated Nov. 30 for a moneybomb?

That sounds good to me but I wanted to know if they're all on board for it. I was going to dump another $50 now but might hold off till 11/30 if all the gun folk are waiting until then.

JTCoyoté
11-20-2007, 07:59 PM
So have the RKBA folks (NRA, GOA, JPFO) designated Nov. 30 for a moneybomb?

That sounds good to me but I wanted to know if they're all on board for it. I was going to dump another $50 now but might hold off till 11/30 if all the gun folk are waiting until then.

We will have GOA on board by Friday... They are THE active Ron Paul supporters among the Gun Lobby's... I'm working on the details now and will try to get Larry Pratt of GOA on the air at GCN this week... being Thanksgiving week it may be rough but next week for sure. In any case Dr. Paul will be a guest on Alex's show tomorrow... November 21st...

http://www.infowars.com/listen.html ... to listen...

--Oldyoti

TooConservative
11-21-2007, 03:54 AM
Cool. I'll hold off a few days then.

hawkeyenick
11-21-2007, 03:59 AM
make the date december 7th....eat up thompsons day :)

11-21-2007, 04:03 AM
Don't wait. Let everybody else wait. Ron Paul needs money now, not next month. Revenue since Nov 5th has been very much slower than normal. Dig deeper. Run up a little balance, you can afford it. You've done it before for poor reasons. You can do it now for many good reasons.

conner_condor
11-21-2007, 04:11 AM
I dropped NRA and joined GOA when I heard they supported Ron Paul and the NRA did not.
Plus the NRA is selling out our 2nd. GOA is the only true 2nd ammendment supporter hard core that I know of. If your not a member,You should become one.

They support Ron Paul, we can support them also. You scratch our backs we will scratch yours.