PDA

View Full Version : Why has no one brought this up on Gulianni????

nyrgoal99
11-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Guliani was in power, and his city was attacked. three months later he was out of office?

Why does he think he is a leader, he failed, then left office?

Am I correct?

Would be a great youtube commercial

terryp
11-20-2007, 08:17 PM
he tried to retain the mayors post through some type of emergency power. Maybe like state of emergency. Don't have any links.

LibertyEagle
11-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Guliani was in power, and his city was attacked. three months later he was out of office?

Why does he think he is a leader, he failed, then left office?

Am I correct?

Would be a great youtube commercial

Yeah, I've never quite understood that myself.

terryp
11-22-2007, 07:04 PM
This is from wikipedia.

The 9/11 attack occurred on the scheduled date of the mayoral primary to select the Democratic and Republican candidates to succeed Giuliani. The primary was immediately delayed two weeks to September 25. During this period, Giuliani sought an unprecedented three-month emergency extension of his term from January 1 to April 1 under the New York State Constitution (Article 3 Section 25),[61] but the State Assembly and Senate did not approve it. The request was backed by the threat of a run for a third mayoral term as a Conservative Party candidate, requiring a legal challenge to the law imposing term limits on elected New York City officials.[62][63]

Giuliani claimed to have been at the Ground Zero site "as often, if not more, than most workers.... I was there working with them. I was exposed to exactly the same things they were exposed to. So in that sense, I'm one of them." Some 9/11 workers have objected to those claims.[64][65][66] While his appointment logs were unavailable for the six days immediately following the attacks, after that Giuliani spent a total of 29 hours over three months at the site. This contrasted with recovery workers at the site who spent this much time at the site in two to three days.[67]

When Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal suggested that the attacks were an indication that the United States "should re-examine its policies in the Middle East and adopt a more balanced stand toward the Palestinian cause", Giuliani asserted, "There is no moral equivalent for this [terrorist] act. There is no justification for it... And one of the reasons I think this happened is because people were engaged in moral equivalency in not understanding the difference between liberal democracies like the United States, like Israel, and terrorist states and those who condone terrorism. So I think not only are those statements wrong, they're part of the problem." Giuliani subsequently rejected the prince's $10 million donation to disaster relief in the aftermath of the attack.[68]

hddn-agnda
11-22-2007, 07:06 PM
Failure. Of. Leadership.

westmich4paul
11-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Well here's another interesting thing I have heard. I have heard that Guiliani has been knighted and I also heard that anyone has been knighted is prohibited from taking the presidentil seat? Is this true and if it is why hasn't it even been brought up?

FreedomLover
11-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Well here's another interesting thing I have heard. I have heard that Guiliani has been knighted and I also heard that anyone has been knighted is prohibited from taking the presidentil seat? Is this true and if it is why hasn't it even been brought up?

Probably for the some reason no one made a big deal out of goldwater being born in the arizona territory, it's an ambiguous and unimportant issue.

SeanEdwards
11-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Nobody has explained adequately why Giuliani had the city's crisis management center placed in the WTC, after the WTC had already been targeted by terrorists once. Seems like an obvious failure of judgement to me, from a guy that is supposedly touted as an expert on terrorism.

Matthew Zak
11-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Giuliani is quoted as saying something along the lines of, "Freedom isn't important right now" (Does anyone have a clip of that?) -- he also tried to pull some strings to keep himself in power in New York, and just 10 minutes ago I watched him say that he thinks the presidency is, "...beyond any of us, we're just mortals."

He thinks he's god and if he gets into office he is going to take full advantage of and demand more power than what Bush is currently sitting on right now.

Fascism is near.

Matthew Zak
11-22-2007, 08:41 PM
I am trying to find this video -- I found a link that described what I am looking for but the video had been removed.

Help! (please) :)

Matthew Zak
11-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Anyone?

Mark
11-22-2007, 08:59 PM
I am trying to find this video -- I found a link that described what I am looking for but the video had been removed.

Help! (please) :)

Can you post the link?

Or at least the words? For a search.. (terms)

dsentell
11-22-2007, 09:15 PM
How about this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoD57InV8-s

Matthew Zak
11-22-2007, 09:46 PM
How about this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoD57InV8-s

Thanks -- although I was certain there was a video of this. If not, this will have to do. :)