PDA

View Full Version : Santorum wants to run for President again

itshappening
11-21-2012, 09:32 AM
POLITICO has also learned that Rick Santorum is telling friends he wants to run again. Texas Gov. Rick Perry has said publicly that he might, too, and has begun talking to donors and other top supporters like he means it. And Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor with strong credentials on education and winning back Hispanics, has told advisers he will sit back to see how things unfold over the next year before deciding whether to finally give it a go.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/84110_Page2.html#ixzz2Cs64brHB
-

Another name mentioned, Sen. Kelly Ayotte. That could thwart Rand Paul in New Hampshire which the establishment is no doubt desperate to do. They will run multiple candidates to stop Paul.

Aratus
11-21-2012, 09:34 AM
dopeslap me! i am in shock. could i have indeedy predicted the full severity of
his EGO and potomac fever? he was Newt's lil understudy! (said with sarcasm)

CaptUSA
11-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Lol... Santorum is running again... lol.

Somebody get a wetnap.

Seriously, though... I say the more the merrier! Let's divide up the anti-Paul support and dilute it as much as possible! Let's just remember not to try to ruin these guys too fast. They'll ruin themselves just like last time. (Rick Perry?! Really?!) We must make sure that Rand is everyone's second choice!!! Let me say that again. Rand should be everyone's second choice! Last time, the lemmings went from politician to politician and never reached Ron Paul because they didn't find him acceptable. All Rand has to do is be acceptable and we got this thing!

COpatriot
11-21-2012, 09:55 AM
The GOP will never win another election if they run a guy like this. Easily the scariest presidential candidate that I can ever remember. This guy has that fire in his eye, a hunger for war.

Carehn
11-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Sanatorium will be the establishment candidate this next go around. I have been saying it for months now. Its a pattern. One super power all humans are born with is the power to recognize patterns. Let us use are powers.

erowe1
11-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Perry wanting to run is the part that's really hilarious.

juleswin
11-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Sanatorium will be the establishment candidate this next go around. I have been saying it for months now. Its a pattern. One super power all humans are born with is the power to recognize patterns. Let us use are powers.

I see the pattern now and that will be another embarrassing loss the the GOP. I think the GOP is the one that needs to recognize the pattern or continue to suffer defeats after defeats

erowe1
11-21-2012, 10:02 AM

I can pretty much guarantee that Santorum won't be the establishment candidate.

I can't see it under any circumstances, but especially if Jeb Bush runs.

Aratus
ms. debra medina is seriously concidering public office in texas again, thankfully.
she is surviving her defeat at the polls by the idiot, and i have high hopes for her.

itshappening
Perry spent millions in Iowa and got no where. He can raise a lot of cash but he's just a bad candidate who can't win in Iowa and New Hampshire. Very few of them can. Santorum will get no where if he decides to run again.

Aratus
11-21-2012, 10:05 AM
i was not so upset over the idea of mitt romney defeating rick perry in light of what the mideast is now doing

Aratus
11-21-2012, 10:06 AM
i'm almost hoping dr. ron paul runs again in 2016 just so that rick santorum and rick perry are not the gop nominees if rand does not do a '16 run.

MikeStanart
11-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Perry, Santorum, Rand Paul.

Paul would eviscerate them both, no contest!

Origanalist
11-21-2012, 10:11 AM
Lol... Santorum is running again... lol.

Somebody get a wetnap.

Seriously, though... I say the more the merrier! Let's divide up the anti-Paul support and dilute it as much as possible! Let's just remember not to try to ruin these guys too fast. They'll ruin themselves just like last time. (Rick Perry?! Really?!) We must make sure that Rand is everyone's second choice!!! Let me say that again. Rand should be everyone's second choice! Last time, the lemmings went from politician to politician and never reached Ron Paul because they didn't find him acceptable. All Rand has to do is be acceptable and we got this thing!

Quoted for truth.

supermario21
11-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Honestly the comedy club crew is going to be back again...I'm sure pizza man will be back too. It's a shame, other than Ron and yes Romney, watching some of the early debates was like a comedy show in terms of how pathetic the discussion was. Herman with his 9-9-9 talk and Perry bashing him and Santorum talking about evil gays, etc...

Aratus
11-21-2012, 10:14 AM
gotta luv CaptUSA for saying the obvious early so we won't need to be this public about strategy in 2015

coastie
11-21-2012, 10:19 AM
I see no one in this thread learned ANYTHING over the last 5 years. NOTHING. Why do you insist on pretending votes matter anymore? They don't. Even if they actually did, they'll just ignore and slander him like they did his father, and when it's election time 2016, some will just write him in, others will "hold their nose", rinse and repeat. Same shit for DECADES now. As someone said about recognizing patterns earlier, how do you miss the biggest pattern of them all?

erowe1
11-21-2012, 10:23 AM
I see no one in this thread learned ANYTHING over the last 5 years. NOTHING. Why do you insist on pretending votes matter anymore? They don't. Even if they actually did, they'll just ignore and slander him like they did his father, and when it's election time 2016, some will just write him in, others will "hold their nose", rinse and repeat. Same shit for DECADES now. As someone said about recognizing patterns earlier, how do you miss the biggest pattern of them all?

Given that the reason Ron Paul didn't become the Republican nominee is that he didn't get enough votes in primaries and caucuses, it's hard to see how votes don't matter.

belian78
11-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Frothy and Perry will once again assume their rolls of smokescreen, they will not be the nominee nor will they even get close. If Rand does run in 2016, expect to see those two plus Christie Rubio and Jeb, you'll want to throw in 2 o 3 more for good measure. Each will have their time in the spotlight timed perfectly by which one would take the most votes from Rand at that particular time, just like what was done with his father. Who the establishment guy will be, I cannot guess. I can't see Jeb being a serious contender, if you think R's have problems with indi's and dems now, they would die of asphyxiation from laughing too hard if Jeb got the nod. I would have to put my money on Rubio if I was pushed to.

Aratus
11-21-2012, 10:51 AM
neil bush's savings and loan fiasco = jeb's achille's heel --- the "W" is being revisionistically rewrote so JEB can veep or potus run

A Son of Liberty
11-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Somewhere, Glenn Beck searches for a towel.

erowe1
11-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Somewhere, Glenn Beck searches for a towel.

Do you think Beck actually likes Santorum? I kind of thought he just backed him to hurt Newt so that Romney could win.

Aratus
11-21-2012, 11:01 AM
ole newt had a chance at being the 2012 GOP nominee but his own EGO and mitt's fatcat friends had a rendevous with destiny.

A Son of Liberty
11-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Do you think Beck actually likes Santorum? I kind of thought he just backed him to hurt Newt so that Romney could win.

On the occasions I heard him, Beck made sweet, verbal love to Santorum over the airwaves. According to Beck, Santorum really "gets it".

/nausea

erowe1
11-21-2012, 11:05 AM
On the occasions I heard him, Beck made sweet, verbal love to Santorum over the airwaves. According to Beck, Santorum really "gets it".

/nausea

Well, yeah, but that was all an act. Just like the way he threw fits over Newt's progressivism, as if it were much different than Romney's. Feigned emotions make up the bulk of Beck's shtick. Remember right before the Iowa caucuses, when he could have helped push Santorum over the top, he instead endorsed Bachmann, who wasn't gaining any traction. I think it was a way of helping Romney without looking like it.

A Son of Liberty
11-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Well, yeah, but that was all an act. Just like the way he threw fits over Newt's progressivism, as if it were much different than Romney's. Feigned emotions make up the bulk of Beck's shtick. Remember right before the Iowa caucuses, when he could have helped push Santorum over the top, he instead endorsed Bachmann, who wasn't gaining any traction. I think it was a way of helping Romney without looking like it.

Anything's possible. Any time I get a chance to take a shot at that ignoramus, I take it.

opal
11-21-2012, 11:17 AM
4 more years of Frothy jokes waiting to happen...

well.. maybe 3 and a half for when he gets half way through the primaries and drops out again

erowe1
11-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Anything's possible. Any time I get a chance to take a shot at that ignoramus, I take it.

I think Beck was secretly all about the White Horse Prophecy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Horse_Prophecy) this year, and wanting a Mormon to become president would have been part of that. Santorum was useful to him for that this year, but I doubt he'll have any use for him in the future.

acptulsa
11-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Some people have an infinite patience with being a laughing stock. I guess Santorum is just one of those people.

GunnyFreedom
11-21-2012, 11:23 AM
This thread keeps popping up in my new posts. Santorum is joking right?

Do Republicans really not know what would happen to Santorum in a General?

It would make Reagan's second look like a nail biter...only the Democrat would win.

Aratus
11-21-2012, 11:26 AM
gotta luv gunny! tis true...

A Son of Liberty
11-21-2012, 11:29 AM
I think Beck was secretly all about the White Horse Prophecy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Horse_Prophecy) this year, and wanting a Mormon to become president would have been part of that. Santorum was useful to him for that this year, but I doubt he'll have any use for him in the future.

Thanks for the laugh!

I'm somewhat surprised that Beck didn't fall off the wagon following Romney's defeat, if that is the case.

Aratus
11-21-2012, 11:30 AM
it explains half the hopeful mittsters at mrc.com who are asking to recount the ballots

nasaal
11-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Good for him. Anyone who can legally run, and wants to should. Hope he gets absolutely embarrassed with fact and basic logic though.

acptulsa
11-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Do Republicans really not know what would happen to Santorum in a General?

Some do. The ones in positions of power do.

http://i.imgur.com/OskYdl.jpg

I guess educating the rest is up to us. We had better start now. Some of them are kind of stubborn...

compromise
11-21-2012, 11:40 AM
The establishment pick will be Bush, Rubio or Christie.

Santorum, given his record, is an easy target for pretty much anyone else in debates and ads, providing they don't have even worse records (like Mitt and Newt did). Rand will steal a lot more votes from Santorum than Ron did. A lot of the Santorum voters were actually Cain/Bachmann/Perry supporters who thought he was the lesser of four evils. Santorum may keep his core base, but the less enthusiastic Santorum 2012 voters would certainly be open to voting for Rand.

lx43
11-21-2012, 11:54 AM
They are destined to lose running this clown again. This guy could be the anti-christ he's so war hungry.

RonPaul25
11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
I voted for Romney this year but if these clowns nominate Bush or Christie I'm definitely voting Hillary

acptulsa
11-21-2012, 12:04 PM
They are destined to lose running this clown again. This guy could be the anti-christ he's so war hungry.

Santorum isn't a candidate, he's a divide and conquer strategy. They stick him in front of cameras, then look at the saner citizens of the 'republic' and say, 'There are people in this land capable of voting for this hypocrite. Don't you just hate those people?'

coastie
11-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Given that the reason Ron Paul didn't become the Republican nominee is that he didn't get enough votes in primaries and caucuses, it's hard to see how votes don't matter.

Yeah-I'm sure that's the reason.:rolleyes:

Matt Collins
11-21-2012, 05:03 PM
We need some comic relief in 2016, this will be a good thing.

NIU Students for Liberty
11-21-2012, 05:25 PM
I voted for Romney this year but if these clowns nominate Bush or Christie I'm definitely voting Hillary

You would vote for Hilary...

CPUd
11-21-2012, 06:10 PM
If Mitt switches back to the Democrats, he might have a shot in 2016. The general election would be like the 2012 primary.

CaptainAmerica
11-21-2012, 06:20 PM
the guy who lost so bad to the other guy who lost so bad he had to drop out after Iowa.

Jamesiv1
11-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Perry wanting to run is the part that's really hilarious.

Don't Mess With Texas - Rick Perry rocks!!

Somebody keep some painkillers handy for the debates.

Maybe Herman Cain will run too. Awesome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE5xZKszXMQ

John F Kennedy III
11-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Rick Perry? Really? On top of everything else, he seems to similar to Romney to do well in 2016. Until now I didn't even know he had any intentions of running in 2016.

http://rightdigest.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/63940934.jpg

CPUd
11-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Future voters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=B4yMvQGE7MY

GunnyFreedom
11-21-2012, 07:37 PM
ROFL - I wonder how teens would have reacted to Santorum :eek:

Origanalist
11-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Future voters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=B4yMvQGE7MY

Yippee.....

ProvincialPeasant
11-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Santorum won't win because the 2016 candidates will be far too strong for him. There are even better social conservatives who will run. Ignore him.

Tod
11-21-2012, 08:21 PM
lol....2016 might just be the opening the Libertarian Party was looking for, if this keeps up! *shakes head*

Shane Harris
11-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Oh dear God. I can't wait to mute the debates again.

cindy25
11-22-2012, 12:09 AM
an Ayotte candidacy would make NH irrelevant, just as a Rand candidacy would make Kentucky irrelevant

John F Kennedy III
11-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Santorum won't win because the 2016 candidates will be far too strong for him. There are even better social conservatives who will run. Ignore him.

Like who?

COpatriot
11-22-2012, 01:23 AM
Don't Mess With Texas - Rick Perry rocks!!

Somebody keep some painkillers handy for the debates.

Maybe Herman Cain will run too. Awesome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE5xZKszXMQ

Holy christ that was funny. Deep dish!

messana
11-22-2012, 01:41 AM
You mean the country will survive in 2016? Thanks for all the fear mongering neocons.

Indy Vidual
11-22-2012, 04:21 AM
Santorum wants to run for President again

Oh life, she cries
There must be more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ww92xXV294

carclinic
11-22-2012, 05:43 AM
Pro-war, pro-spending, pro-gov't intrusion, anti-drug...

It'll be like Bush's 5th term!

P.S. Why on Earth would Jeb Bush or that retard in Texas even waste their time?

paulbot24
11-22-2012, 05:48 AM
Who knows. Why did people stand in line for hours to vote for the most disappointing President we've had in a long time? Although Jeb should know better. We need another Bush like Hollywood needs another Sheen.