PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco Board of Supervisors votes to ban public nudity

Vanilluxe
11-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Now city board of supervisors are involving more government in banning nudity instead of concentrating on crime and other serious issues.

http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_22037483

tod evans
11-21-2012, 05:41 AM
Governments sole purpose is to perpetuate itself and headlines serve that end well.

RonPaul25
11-21-2012, 07:07 AM
THANK GOD. You should NOT be allowed to walk around naked in public. To think that is a right is ridiculous.

tod evans
11-21-2012, 07:16 AM
THANK GOD. You should NOT be allowed to walk around naked in public. To think that is a right is ridiculous.

It is not my place to tell the nuts in San Francisco what they can or cannot do.

Apparently the city decided it was alright and is now changing its mind..

specsaregood
11-21-2012, 07:36 AM

I agree! We should also force people to put underwear and shirts on their dogs when walking them in public! Naked dog junk and ass ring? nasty!

Ronulus
11-21-2012, 08:39 AM
One fat old man, ruined it for all.

acptulsa
11-21-2012, 08:56 AM
It would seem that someone decided that the Folsom Street Fair scares off more tourism than it attracts...

Icymudpuppy
11-21-2012, 08:59 AM
This thread is worthless without pictures.

tod evans
11-21-2012, 09:02 AM

This has gotta be from Cali....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sUy0EHSRyCs/S8OdbGX1NZI/AAAAAAAAH78/iaupXD4PSy0/s1600/bc+06a.jpg

Danke
11-21-2012, 09:02 AM

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.gadling.com/media/2008/07/nakeddude.jpg

acptulsa
11-21-2012, 09:03 AM

Please be careful what you wish for. Do you remember what San Francisco is known for...?

klamath
11-21-2012, 09:41 AM
believe me you don't want pictures......

TonySutton
11-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Please be careful what you wish for. Do you remember what San Francisco is known for...?

hot vegan chicks?

specsaregood
11-21-2012, 09:51 AM
hot vegan chicks?

Dirty Harry

RonPaulFanInGA
11-21-2012, 01:28 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/san-francisco-lawmakers-ban-public-nudity-article-1.1205641

San Francisco shed a vestige of its free-spirited past as local lawmakers narrowly approved a citywide ban on public nudity.

Casting aside complaints that forcing people to cover up would undermine San Francisco's reputation as a city without inhibitions, the Board of Supervisors voted 6-5 on Tuesday in favor of an ordinance that prohibits exposed genitals in most public places, including streets, sidewalks and public transit.

Lucille
11-21-2012, 01:35 PM
San Francisco Bans Public Nudity; "When Will They Ever Learn?"
http://reason.com/blog/2012/11/21/san-francisco-bans-public-nudity-when-wi

The invisible walls on the open-air prison that is America get tighter as San Francisco's Board of Supervisors votes (by a skin-thin margin) to ban public nudity in its city--joining repressive brethren such as San Jose and even (now is the time for your tears) Berkeley.

This is the kind of thing I'm socialized to believe is already illegal everywhere; while aware people do sometimes walk naked on the streets of everyone's favorite city by the Ba-aay, I never assumed it was actually legal.

Apparently it was, and some defiant folk intend to make sure it stays that way, says the San Francisco Chronicle's account:
[...]
The mayor hasn't signed the bill yet, and a second vote by the Board is necessary before it goes to him, so the naked truth may still win out. Even if passed, the new law is but light drapery, not a heavy burqa.

RonPaul25
11-21-2012, 02:31 PM
GOOD. Do you guys honestly believe people should have the right to walk around naked in public. That's taking it way to far. This is why I'm not a libertarian.

dannno
11-21-2012, 02:36 PM
GOOD. Do you guys honestly believe people should have the right to walk around naked in public. That's taking it way to far. This is why I'm not a libertarian.

I think a MUCH better question is.... WHY HAVE I SPENT WEEKS OF MY LIFE IN SAN FRANCISCO AND NEVER SEEN A NAKED PERSON IN PUBLIC EVEN THOUGH IT IS LEGAL??

This being true, why the fuck does it matter whether nudity is legal or not?

The point I'm making is, just because nudity is legal doesn't mean people are going to go walking around nude all the time. Instead, it is done on rare occasions for special events when people want to express themselves, and you have every right to not participate and not look.

dannno
11-21-2012, 02:37 PM
The other point I'm making is you don't need a god damn law for every god damn thing. That's the #1 PROBLEM in our country, why would you want to contribute to it?

Meatwasp
11-21-2012, 03:25 PM
The other point I'm making is you don't need a god damn law for every god damn thing. That's the #1 PROBLEM in our country, why would you want to contribute to it?
Yep you are right Dannno on laws. Too many
But if everyone ran around naked in SF I would never go there as I couldn't feel clean sitting on a stool some dude had been sitting on. No one would go there for that reason.

Keith and stuff
11-21-2012, 03:57 PM

How many people died because of this? How many people were robbed? How many people lost their jobs? I'm sure there are more important issues to deal with.

mad cow
11-21-2012, 04:08 PM
How many people died because of this? How many people were robbed? How many people lost their jobs? I'm sure there are more important issues to deal with.

San Francisco is a tourist town.I suppose the local government did a cost/benefit analysis on what was attracting and what was repelling tourists.

twomp
11-21-2012, 04:15 PM

I've lived in California most of my life, about 45 min away from San Francisco. I have NEVER and I mean NEVER seen a person walking around naked. I think that the people who actually believe that there are naked people walking around San Francisco are probably living in a barn somewhere in nowheresville Arkansas or something.

I mean seriously, get out and breathe some air.

mad cow
11-21-2012, 04:26 PM
I would love to live in a barn somewhere in nowheresville Arkansas.Maybe someday...

If there were Never and I mean Never people walking around naked in San Francisco,why was this ordinance passed?

twomp
11-21-2012, 04:28 PM
I would love to live in a barn somewhere in nowheresville Arkansas.Maybe someday...

If there were Never and I mean Never people walking around naked in San Francisco,why was this ordinance passed?

As an excuse for the City Council to seem like they are doing real work? Who knows? I have NEVER seen anyone walking naked in San Francisco, would you care to argue that I have?

Do me a favor, call someone you know that has lived or been to San Francisco and ask how many of them have seen naked people walking around. Then get back to me.

Kilrain
11-21-2012, 04:34 PM

Probably for the same reason it was made illegal to feed alcoholic beverages to a moose in Fairbanks, Alaska.

mad cow
11-21-2012, 04:42 PM
I don't care if everybody in SF walks around naked,I have no desire to ever go there,unlike my desire to live in a barn in nowheresville Arkansas.

However,people were walking around naked in San Francisco even if you never spotted them.The simplest web search confirms this.Here is just one link out of millions.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2010/12/only_in_san_francisco_cops_can.php

twomp
11-21-2012, 04:50 PM
I don't care if everybody in SF walks around naked,I have no desire to ever go there,unlike my desire to live in a barn in nowheresville Arkansas.

However,people were walking around naked in San Francisco even if you never spotted them.The simplest web search confirms this.Here is just one link out of millions.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2010/12/only_in_san_francisco_cops_can.php

Where did I say they DON'T do it? I said I've lived in the nearly my entire life and have NEVER seen it. YOU make it seem like it is something that is out of control. I'm saying as someone who lives here that it isn't as common as YOU and the media make it out to be.

Enjoy nowheresville, Arkansas, this is America, be as free as you can be and live where ever you like. Just don't try and make a big issue over something that doesn't have anything to do with you. ESPECIALLY when it's not even that big of an issue.

BAllen
11-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Here in NC it's legal for a woman to walk around topless, but I've never seen it. Didn't even know about it, till a charlotte tv station said it when there was that slut walk display in asheville.

Maximus
11-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Apparently it's like 10 people and they do it in the Castro (the gay district). I've been living here for four months and have never seen anything. Tourists apparently love them though, the paper says they'll pay the guys a few bucks to take pictures with them.

BAllen
11-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Well, this makes one point. Social pressure is more effective than laws.

mad cow
11-21-2012, 05:04 PM
I've lived in California most of my life, about 45 min away from San Francisco. I have NEVER and I mean NEVER seen a person walking around naked. I think that the people who actually believe that there are naked people walking around San Francisco are probably living in a barn somewhere in nowheresville Arkansas or something.

I mean seriously, get out and breathe some air.

I was just pointing out that I was one of those people who actually believe what is bolded above and coincidentally,or maybe not,would love to live in a barn somewhere in nowheresville Arkansas.

Vanilluxe
11-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Guys, Mexico, San Diego, and a bunch of other beach places have the same thing too in allowing nudity.

CaptainAmerica
11-21-2012, 05:46 PM
so does this mean they also ban any art and statues/sculptures from the public in museums as well?

AGRP
11-21-2012, 06:01 PM
In SanFran, this may be a good thing. Brazil, is quite another.

Brett85
11-21-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm sure I'll be in the minority on this, but I think that people have the right to walk around naked on their own private property, but not on public property.

Origanalist
11-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Yep you are right Dannno on laws. Too many
But if everyone ran around naked in SF I would never go there as I couldn't feel clean sitting on a stool some dude had been sitting on. No one would go there for that reason.

Sexist.

RickyJ
11-21-2012, 06:34 PM
I thought it was already banned. Oh well, I guess I won't get to go to San Fransisco and run around naked, not that I wanted to anyway, but now that I can't, it just seems to be limiting my freedom.

Origanalist
11-21-2012, 06:36 PM
I thought it was already banned. Oh well, I guess I won't get to go to San Fransisco and run around naked, not that I wanted to anyway, but that now that I can't, it just seems to limiting my freedom.

For real, I never really wanted to but now..............I got the itch, bad......

RickyJ
11-21-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm sure I'll be in the minority on this, but I think that people have the right to walk around naked on their own private property, but not on public property.

People should have the right to be naked on all public property but not all private property. Whoever owns the property should decide if they want naked people on it or not. :D

Dr.3D
11-21-2012, 06:42 PM
I agree! We should also force people to put underwear and shirts on their dogs when walking them in public! Naked dog junk and ass ring? nasty!
That's where they wear their Obama logo.

Brett85
11-21-2012, 06:43 PM
People should have the right to be naked on all public property but not all private property. Whoever owns the property should decide if they want naked people on it or not. :D

That's why I said on their own private property. And they should be allowed to be naked on other private property, as long as the land owner consents. But when you're talking about land the government owns, cities can put a certain dress code in place that people have to follow. This isn't something new. Cities and towns all around the U.S have these kind of rules. A 6 year old girl shouldn't have to look at a man's junk who's walking naked down the street.

Dr.3D
11-21-2012, 06:45 PM
That's why I said on their own private property. And they should be allowed to be naked on other private property, as long as the land owner consents. But when you're talking about land the government owns, cities can put a certain dress code in place that people have to follow. This isn't something new. Cities and towns all around the U.S have these kind of rules. A 6 year old girl shouldn't have to look at a man's junk who's walking naked down the street.
Yeah, just like those guys that wear their pants down low enough that you can see their underwear.

Icymudpuppy
11-21-2012, 06:51 PM

The Golden Gate Bridge?
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShyf2gI1E_MQQH_qfM8o5F_Y0v_1Jwo aJLZDzCm8_nzfpO5cdC

Alcatraz?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/41/Alcatraz_Island_Lighthouse.jpg/220px-Alcatraz_Island_Lighthouse.jpg

Trolleys?
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAEl5uAeSqn-6djo6A2ZYcVBAhevmtvGliy80KsTqy1DImoUaJ

RickyJ
11-21-2012, 06:54 PM
I think it is the Golden Gate Bridge. That is what I know San Fransisco for. Have they ever figured out a way to stop people from jumping off that thing?

RickyJ
11-21-2012, 06:58 PM

To require people to wear clothes in public then clothes should be made available to all who can't afford them free of charge. Otherwise you would be putting them in jail just because they were poor.

Jamesiv1
11-21-2012, 07:07 PM
food and shelter = can't live without 'em
car = optional
iphone = optional
internet = optional
clothing = optional

awesomeness would be laws banning clothes. throw 'em in prison, i say!!

Dr.3D
11-21-2012, 07:10 PM
I think it is the Golden Gate Bridge. That is what I know San Fransisco for. Have they ever figured out a way to stop people from jumping off that thing?
Sure, people can call the police and have them shoot the jumper before they can kill themselves.

Jamesiv1
11-21-2012, 07:11 PM

there is more bacteria in your mouth than there is in your doo-doo

Dr.3D
11-21-2012, 07:16 PM
And as if wearing something that gets soaked with perspiration is going to keep those germs from getting on seats.

Vanilluxe
11-21-2012, 07:16 PM
The Golden Gate Bridge?
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShyf2gI1E_MQQH_qfM8o5F_Y0v_1Jwo aJLZDzCm8_nzfpO5cdC

Alcatraz?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/41/Alcatraz_Island_Lighthouse.jpg/220px-Alcatraz_Island_Lighthouse.jpg

Trolleys?
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAEl5uAeSqn-6djo6A2ZYcVBAhevmtvGliy80KsTqy1DImoUaJ

You forgot a few

http://www.mathgoespop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/giants.png
Giants

http://www.outtraveler.com/images/exclusives/sf_chinatown.jpg
Chinatown

http://www.mccullagh.org/db9/1ds-7/north-beach-chinatown.jpg
North Beach

Jamesiv1
11-21-2012, 07:22 PM
And as if wearing something that gets soaked with perspiration is going to keep those germs from getting on seats.

there ya have it. Land of the hanging free and home of the brave. WOOHOO!!!

Danke
11-21-2012, 07:23 PM

Speak for yourself.

Origanalist
11-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Speak for yourself.

Speak o' toothless one.