PDA

View Full Version : How to make the MOST out of the USA Today ad

kmforpaul
11-20-2007, 07:33 PM
There have been many ideas floating around this forum about how to get the ad out to the most people. Consider this:

1) Make a flier with information about your local meetup group with numbers, web adresses, and most importantly your upcoming meetups.

2) Print out many.

3) Buy the same amount of USA Todays at your local coffee shop, supermarket, restaurant, or gas station. Keep one for yourself and let the store know that anyone can take a paper you bought for them, FOR FREE.

4) Place your meetup ad precisely where Llepard's ad is located in the USA today. Maybe let the flier stick out a little.

5) Be sure to inform your audience that YOU paid for the paper and it's their's to keep.

It will be hard for people to pass up your distinguishable homemade flier. Even better, with your flier, it will be near impossible to miss Llepard's ad. When people realize that they get a paper for free they will be very happy and open to whatever you have to tell them.

The best bang for your buck

I will be working on one tonight for a Wisconsin meetup group. Possibly you can comment or improve on this idea OR make a flier of your own and let us see it. That was, after all, how that great ad was made.

madcat033
11-20-2007, 07:42 PM
this is an awesome idea... give out the USA Todays for free!

kmforpaul
11-20-2007, 08:07 PM
bump.

Primbs
11-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Many hotels give out free copies to their travel business guests.

At the end of the day there are many unused copies available.

reduen
11-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Well, my strategy was not quite as well thought out as yours but I did drive about 70 miles, buy 10 and then deliver them to local businesses. (Nursing Homes Barber Shops etc...)

There was no USA Today in my town..

Thank you again llepord!!

Go Ron Paul 08!

Ninja Homer
11-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Drop off copies in restaurant waiting areas. This is a big day for restaurants.

It's also the biggest night of the year for bars, so bring a USA Today to your local bar and start some Ron Paul conversations.

Liberty Star
11-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Ad looks awsome.

Great job everyone who made this happen.

IHaveaDream
11-21-2007, 12:01 PM
How about "a stall for Paul". Tomorrow, this ad will be yesterday's news. But that doesn't have to happen. Pick up every new, used, or abandoned copy you can find at the end of today. Cut out the ad and tape it to the inside of restroom stalls. The inside of the stall door, at an appropriate height, would be a neat place to put it. And you're guaranteed to have a captive audience in a reading mood. :D