PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul, flipflop??? NOT OUR CANDIDATE( video from 1988) Same views!!!

nyrgoal99
11-20-2007, 07:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar115s_f2hc&feature=related

mrchubbs
11-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Well technically he changed his position on the Death Penalty since then, so he could be called a flip-flopper on that. He explained his reason for doing so during the PBS debate and openly admitted to changing his position though.

So not really that big of a deal.

JMO
11-20-2007, 07:50 PM
I am a little confused. I watched the video and it almost looked like I was watching a modern day Ron Paul speech. However it is from 1988. Too think that anyone(even the person who started this thread) would not have changed his mind on something in 20 years is absurd, if his whole platform changed I could understand, but his ideas are the same. Name 1 person who hasn't had a change of opinion on something in 20 years?

20 years ago I was for the death penalty, but with DNA and the hordes of people being released thanks to DNA I have changed my views on the death penalty.

allyinoh
11-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Well technically he changed his position on the Death Penalty since then, so he could be called a flip-flopper on that. He explained his reason for doing so during the PBS debate and openly admitted to changing his position though.

I wouldn't consider changing your view on the death penalty a flip flop.

literatim
11-20-2007, 07:54 PM

The federal death penalty.

cmc
11-20-2007, 07:56 PM

I caught that too, though RP wouldn't prevent states from having the death penalty.