PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: Sign RLC Petition to Reverse RNC Rules Changes

Suzu
11-20-2012, 05:31 PM
http://shar.es/GRqOJ

Please share on Facebook, Twitter, email, etc. after you sign!

Keith and stuff
11-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Awesome! I'm glad to see that the Republican Liberty Caucus is taking the New Hampshire Republican Liberty Caucus's work nationwide. This is an example of how concentrating liberty activists in New Hampshire is leading to a better Republican Party.

In case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, here you go.

Resolution Opposing RNC Rule Change Passes at NH GOP State Convention Edit Blog Entry
Keith and stuff
on 10-01-2012 at 04:14 PM (904 Views)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?786-Resolution-Opposing-RNC-Rule-Change-Passes-at-NH-GOP-State-Convention

RLCNH-Sponsored Resolution for Opposing RNC Rule Change Passes at N.H. GOP State Convention
CONCORD, N.H.—New Hampshire Republicans overwhelmingly supported the party’s traditional bottom-up power structure at the N.H. GOP State Convention on Saturday in a nearly unanimous voice vote that passed a RLCNH-sponsored resolution rejecting RNC Rule 12 and asserting the primacy of RNC delegates in setting party rules.

It’s important to note that New Hampshire Republicans were the first to advance this resolution at a state party convention in an effort to lead the nation’s
Republicans in a grassroots’ effort to reclaim the party for the people. RLCNH Chairman Carolyn McKinney was the author and sponsor of the resolution, and she was the only state delegate to speak about the resolution before it was almost unanimously adopted. Various observers said the voice vote enjoyed 90:10 support.

I was there and in my opinion, of those that voted, more than 90% supported the resolution :D

RESOLUTION TO RESTORE THE POWER OF THE GOP GRASSROOTS
Whereas, the new party rules at the Republican National Convention in Tampa were adopted under questionable circumstances with disregard for convention rules;
Whereas, the new rules impose a top-down structure of governance in place of the party’s traditional bottom-up structure and reduce the power and autonomy of state and local party organizations;
Whereas, the changes to Rule 12 give unprecedented power to the national committee to change party rules without the input and approval of state parties and their members;
Whereas, it is to benefit of the New Hampshire Republican Party that First in the Nation rules not be open to change between conventions;

Therefore, be it resolved that:

We condemn Rule 12 as antithetical to Republican values and assert the primacy of the delegates to the Republican Convention in setting party rules;
We reject the new top-down structure of governance as detrimental to the long-term success of the Republican Party.

It looks like the RLC, after weeks to think about it, improved the resolution. Great work.

Suzu
11-27-2012, 07:12 PM
I haven't been able to find out how many signatures this petition has gotten. I hope it's a huge number. I'm rather disappointed with the response on this forum so far.

Mr.NoSmile
11-28-2012, 12:14 PM
I haven't been able to find out how many signatures this petition has gotten. I hope it's a huge number. I'm rather disappointed with the response on this forum so far.

According to the page, it has been shared over 1000 times via Facebook. Minor, yes, but outreach is still a plus. Granted, the comment thread isn't swarming with support (just 22 comments), but again, people do seem to know about it given the amount of times it's been shared via social media.

Keith and stuff
11-28-2012, 01:09 PM
I really like the way C4L does petitions. I know that C4L actually prints out the signatures and gives them to the Congressional offices. I don't know how the RLC does petitions. Some organizations use petitions like this as mostly just a way to collect emails. It would have been nice if the RLC explained how upfront about how they will process the petition signatures.

Oh well, whatever the RLC does to show our great action in New Hampshire, I'm happy about.

ClydeCoulter
11-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Signed and shared, thanks