PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul "interested in running for President" in 2016

Matt Collins
11-20-2012, 10:26 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/84086.html

angelatc
11-20-2012, 10:34 AM
I cringed when I saw this on my news feed, because that means here come the attacks. But DH said it's best to start hashing all this out now, and I think he's probably right.

Eric21ND
11-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Bunch of liberals on that site. They actually think Rand would be easy to beat in the general election.

itshappening
11-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Bunch of liberals on that site. They actually think Rand would be easy to beat in the general election.

he's part of Team Red so they hate him, it's sad that they don't look at his votes or his speeches, they're just programmed to hate Republicans as I think most voters are.

RickyJ
11-20-2012, 11:33 AM
He's interested, it doesn't mean he will. I don't know enough about him yet to say I would vote for him if he did run. I am still hoping that Ron Paul runs in 2016. But to even be thinking that far off right now is not a good idea. America is facing the prospect of WW3 soon. If we can avoid that and avoid the economic crash that is coming, then I will think about it. But whoever wins in 2016 they will inherit such a mess that we will still probably go over that economic cliff and they will be blamed for it. Just something to think about.

July
11-20-2012, 11:37 AM

A lot liberals were saying the same thing about Ron at first. Until a poll came out that showed him as competitive in a direct matchup with Obama, and then I stopped hearing it...

Mahkato
11-20-2012, 11:39 AM
I am still hoping that Ron Paul runs in 2016.

Let the poor guy retire in peace already. He'll be what, 80 years old then?

itshappening
11-20-2012, 11:40 AM
This is on DrudgeReport!

RonPaul25
11-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Top story on the Daily Caller

itshappening
11-20-2012, 12:00 PM
some of the comments are quite vicious, they're not even interested in who Rand is, there's alot of hate out there.. we have work to do.

RonPaul25
11-20-2012, 12:02 PM
We need the whole of the tea party (something we weren't able to do with Ron) plus all the folks who voted for Ron this year

AuH20
11-20-2012, 12:11 PM

Once Obama's disastrous reign is done, Rand will be insulated from most of the nonsense they typically employ.

July
11-20-2012, 12:17 PM
some of the comments are quite vicious, they're not even interested in who Rand is, there's alot of hate out there.. we have work to do.

That's the norm, I find...no matter the issue or politican being talked about. Sad isn't it? Emotions run high, and the system kinda encourages that, since there is so much at stake. The more powerful the govt gets, the more vicious it will get.

Sola_Fide
11-20-2012, 12:36 PM
BamaDon
Party: Independent

So the answer is the GOP wasn't crazy enough???

yeah, let's model ourselves after Somalia, which has no central government....

July
11-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Gotta love the Somalia meme.

If that one doesn't work, next up is Pinochet. :rolleyes:

Fredom101
11-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Rand endorsed Mitt.

This is hardly a libertarian move, in fact, Rand said he is not a libertarian.
Anyway, why would he WANT to run in 16? The economy will be shit and there's nothing he could really do to fix it, unless he were willing to do what his father proposed- bring ALL troops home, cut most federal departments, and end the income tax.

Does Rand have the balls to do any of that?

nano1895
11-20-2012, 12:59 PM

Kinda like how the Soviet Union is a Democrat's paradise!! Right guys!!!...guys?...

John F Kennedy III
11-20-2012, 01:06 PM

Rand is 50/50 with Hillary. He wipes the floor with anyone else.

Eric21ND
11-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Rand is 50/50 with Hillary. He wipes the floor with anyone else.
You really think Hillary has a shot? I know she might look like good contender on paper, but in the ring I'm not so sure. I got money on Rand making her cry during the debates like Obama's Iowa victory did. She wants power so desperately, pathetic.

CaptUSA
11-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Gotta love the Somalia meme.

If that one doesn't work, next up is Pinochet. :rolleyes:ROADS!!! RO ADS!!!

John F Kennedy III
11-20-2012, 01:47 PM

Yes we do. And the work starts NOW.

John F Kennedy III
11-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Let the poor guy retire in peace already. He'll be what, 80 years old then?

Free speech.

John F Kennedy III
11-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Once Obama's disastrous reign is done, Rand will be insulated from most of the nonsense they typically employ.

How so?

John F Kennedy III
11-20-2012, 02:03 PM
You really think Hillary has a shot? I know she might look like good contender on paper, but in the ring I'm not so sure. I got money on Rand making her cry during the debates like Obama's Iowa victory did. She wants power so desperately, pathetic.

I would be very interested to hear how you, and everyone else, see a Hillary Democrat primary playing out and how you see Hillary vs. Rand playing out.

I don't think there's any question she stands the best chance against him out of the Dems.

TrishW
11-20-2012, 02:19 PM
A lot of it depends on the next four years. But if all goes OK... Hillary with Bill and Obama on the campaign trail would be an unstoppable force. And its about time the women voters got one of their own in the drivers seat.

One thing going in Rand's favor... Hillary says she doesn't want to run.

Shane Harris
11-20-2012, 02:52 PM
We should be so lucky that he runs against a woman, that way his height won't be a visual disadvantage in the debates. Sad but true.

itshappening
11-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Clinton would be most difficult to beat in 2016, she will just laugh off any attacks with her demonic cackle and has Bill and Obama, all the "independent women" demographic in the swing states will vote for her in droves.

I still think Bloomberg will become a Democrat next year and go for it though.

AuH20
11-20-2012, 03:03 PM
How so?

Bush's incompetence paved the wave for Obama. Obama's nightmare tenure will pave the way for Rand and blunt the criticisms, assuming he wins the nomination. The dems are in for a world of hurt the next 4 years, even with the media hiding everything.

TrishW
11-20-2012, 03:04 PM
The Republican Party needs to define who they are. At this point in time they are too splintered. It seems everyone who is not a democrat decides to call themselves a republican.

Which would not be that bad, except the Party does not even come together as a "family" when its time to defeat the democrats. So it really does not matter who is the Republican parties choice. They will not get enough of their own party's votes let alone steal any of the democrat's votes. Something needs to be done within the party to compromise and bring it together.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Clinton would be most difficult to beat in 2016, she will just laugh off any attacks with her demonic cackle and has Bill and Obama, all the "independent women" demographic in the swing states will vote for her in droves.

I still think Bloomberg will become a Democrat next year and go for it though.

Definitely shortage of New Yorkers...Clinton, Coumo, Bloomberg, Gillibrand....

July
11-20-2012, 03:07 PM
We should be so lucky that he runs against a woman, that way his height won't be a visual disadvantage in the debates. Sad but true.

I hadn't thought of that, but true...

Will be interesting to see if appearances become a factor for Christie also. Christie has a particular type of facial features that tends to appeals to women, though, as does Rubio and Jeb, and Santorum. Paul Ryan doesn't, but he has classic tall and handsome going for him, like Mitt did.

AuH20
11-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Rand just needs to move 4 to 5% of the population in his direction, assuming he's the candidate. This is extremely doable, given his speaking abilities and charisma. The democrats are very weak, despite their strong minority, single women and youth voting blocs. Rand could clean up with unafilliated and independent voters, where even Romney did surprisingly well (+13 on Obama). Rand could easily stretch that spread to 20.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
11-20-2012, 03:17 PM
ok well I guess the time to organize is now. I volunteer to be one of his joke writers. I am not an experienced comedian but I cannot possibly do worse than he, himself, has done in the joke department.

jct74
11-20-2012, 03:30 PM
ok well I guess the time to organize is now. I volunteer to be one of his joke writers. I am not an experienced comedian but I cannot possibly do worse than he, himself, has done in the joke department.

Rand does need some new material. He tells the same joke at every speech for like 6 months at a time, then eventually moves on to using another one. Right now he is stuck on the preacher/politician/businessman joke.

itshappening
11-20-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm optimistic about Rand Paul in the primary

I'm pessimistic about Rand Paul against a Democrat

Reasons:

We have a good organization in Iowa, NH, SC, NV and other states from Ron Paul's two presidential runs that will give Rand Paul a big advantage against other candidates who will have to build those organizations from scratch.

In the general election against a Democrat, the Machine will be out in force to bring out their voters. Whoever the nominee is will have Obama and Bill Clinton's support criss-crossing states. He will be attacked relentlessly on his Civil Rights Act comments, BP comments, his pro-life views, his limited government philosophy, his budget that cuts departments and services and they will brand him as a bad and evil Republican to scare swing state voters.

PatriotOne
11-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Well, I guess now that he is out of the closet maybe he can start building his election "machine". Let's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmbllllllllllllle

July
11-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Rand does need some new material. He tells the same joke at every speech for like 6 months at a time, then eventually moves on to using another one. Right now he is stuck on the preacher/politician/businessman joke.

Haha you're right he does.... I think he's pretty funny when he's using satire, but that doesn't really translate in a speech. We're probably the only ones who notice though. How many people watch that many Rand speeches in a 6th month period.

AuH20
11-20-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm optimistic about Rand Paul in the primary

I'm pessimistic about Rand Paul against a Democrat

Reasons:

We have a good organization in Iowa, NH, SC, NV and other states from Ron Paul's two presidential runs that will give Rand Paul a big advantage against other candidates who will have to build those organizations from scratch.

In the general election against a Democrat, the Machine will be out in force to bring out their voters. Whoever the nominee is will have Obama and Bill Clinton's support criss-crossing states. He will be attacked relentlessly on his Civil Rights Act comments, BP comments, his pro-life views, his limited government philosophy, his budget that cuts departments and services and they will brand him as a bad and evil Republican to scare swing state voters.

But that won't work once people see him in the flesh. That's how Romney got his huge poll bounce. Plus, Rand is a small-town doctor. He could kick ass with Reagan democrats.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-20-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't think the Democrat will do well after 8 years of Obama, even with the increasing Hispanic vote.

Matt Collins
11-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Rand endorsed Mitt. Insignifigant, Ron has endorsed lots of big-government people in the past too.

This is hardly a libertarian move, in fact, Rand said he is not a libertarian. He doesn't want to be labeled in that manner because it's a political kiss of death. He's much more libertarian than he openly admits; his voting record prove this.

Anyway, why would he WANT to run in 16? The economy will be shit and there's nothing he could really do to fix it, unless he were willing to do what his father proposed- bring ALL troops home, cut most federal departments, and end the income tax.

Does Rand have the balls to do any of that?We'll just have to wait and see. But let's take a hard look at his voting record, and the things he has done in the Senate, including bringing the entire process to a halt in order to force votes on bills such as pulling out of Iraq, ending foreign aid, individual liberties, etc.

Matt Collins
11-20-2012, 04:57 PM

heh, my favorite was his joke about Gingrich -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfaqTXJWbQ0

Aratus
11-21-2012, 09:50 AM
matt C --- you gotta have fantasies of being rand's pre-primary firstest campaign manager
as 2016 shapes up given that florida's marco rubio has recently discovered iowa on a map!!!

twomp
11-21-2012, 03:44 PM
I would be very interested to hear how you, and everyone else, see a Hillary Democrat primary playing out and how you see Hillary vs. Rand playing out.

I don't think there's any question she stands the best chance against him out of the Dems.

Just as how the Bush "stench" dragged down Mccain. The Obama "stench" will drag down Clinton with it.

John F Kennedy III
11-21-2012, 03:46 PM
matt C --- you gotta have fantasies of being rand's pre-primary firstest campaign manager
as 2016 shapes up given that florida's marco rubio has recently discovered iowa on a map!!!

If Da Collins is involved in Rand's campaign in any form I will actively campaign against Rand.

John F Kennedy III
11-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Just as how the Bush "stench" dragged down Mccain. The Obama "stench" will drag down Clinton with it.

Yeah it seems people think she will be immune to the Obama stench.

LibertyEagle
11-21-2012, 03:58 PM

I watched that again. The thing that struck me the most was when they introduced the last speaker as the Senior Black correspondent of The Daily Show. Senior Black correspondent? Just imagine if someone had a title of the Senior WHITE correspondent.

Matt Collins
11-21-2012, 04:59 PM
If Da Collins is involved in Rand's campaign in any form I will actively campaign against Rand.That's becasue your priorities are set to petty and immature things which hold no relevence with anything.

carclinic
11-22-2012, 06:10 AM
Why does everyone hate Collins? Grow the frick up people, I'm yet to hear a good reason. Support Rand if you like his voting record 2 years from now, don't if you don't like his record. Simple as that.

As for me, I like his record and he is the most vocal critic of military spending and drug illegalization we have on the hill. He's doing a good job.

This movem,ent needs to dump the losertarians and keep only the winnertarians.

Feeding the Abscess
11-22-2012, 06:47 AM
I watched that again. The thing that struck me the most was when they introduced the last speaker as the Senior Black correspondent of The Daily Show. Senior Black correspondent? Just imagine if someone had a title of the Senior WHITE correspondent.

It's not a serious title.

NIU Students for Liberty
11-23-2012, 12:55 AM

That title comes from the Daily Show writers, mocking the pundit correspondent panels featured on cable news shows.

ssunlimited
11-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) could soon be following in his father’s footsteps.

“I’m not going to deny that I’m interested” in a 2016 presidential run, the Republican told ABC News. “I am different than some in that I’m not going to deny that I’m interested. I’m not going to deny that I think we have to go a different direction because we’re not winning.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/84086.html

realtonygoodwin
11-23-2012, 06:07 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?396284-Rand-Paul-quot-interested-in-running-for-President-quot-in-2016

:)

NoOneButPaul
11-23-2012, 06:32 PM

He really bombed but dished it around to everyone...