11-20-2012, 09:27 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/84068.html

Wonderful news.

itshappening
11-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Another Neocon bites the dust!

itshappening
11-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Neocons are losing elections, we're winning them :)

roho76
11-20-2012, 09:52 AM
I wish he would water board himself so he can figure out where he went wrong.

kathy88
11-20-2012, 09:53 AM
It's about fucking time.

Acala
11-20-2012, 09:56 AM
If only he could have tortured the voters . . .

JK/SEA
11-20-2012, 10:05 AM
trust me...he'll be back, like the annual flu.

Origanalist
11-20-2012, 10:15 AM

Oh ya, he'll be back. Holding office is like crack to big government authoritarians.

angelatc
11-20-2012, 10:17 AM
I just wish a Democrat wasn't in the seat.

libertyfanatic
11-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Good riddance

compromise
11-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Allen West is not a neo-con. I get it's your favorite word, but first learn what neo-con means. Interventionist Republicans existed in the GOP for years before the actual neo-cons arrived.

Allen West advocated drastically reducing foreign aid and opposed intervention in Libya (voted yes on the Kucinich resolution to withdraw.) Those are positions that a neo-con would not take.
He was far from perfect, but undoubtedly better than the leftist who'll replace him.

JK/SEA
11-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Allen West is not a neo-con. I get it's your favorite word, but first learn what neo-con means. Interventionist Republicans existed in the GOP for years before the actual neo-cons arrived.

Allen West advocated drastically reducing foreign aid and opposed intervention in Libya (voted yes on the Kucinich resolution to withdraw.) Those are positions that a neo-con would not take.
He was far from perfect, but undoubtedly better than the leftist who'll replace him.

how is he on military spending?

JK/SEA
11-20-2012, 10:35 AM
how is he on the Patriot Act?...NDAA?....

yeah, a real fascist. Fits right in as a NEOCON, and big spending ass wipe. Plus he hates Ron Paul.

fuck this phony POS.

TomtheTinker
11-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Glory

Origanalist
11-20-2012, 10:38 AM
, Glory Hallelujah

Acala
11-20-2012, 10:39 AM

To me a neocon is any social conservative who puts the global empire ahead of liberty and fiscal responsibility. Mr. West meets the criteria.

puppetmaster
11-20-2012, 10:39 AM

Your name says it all......
Don't you worry.....your little man will be on fox news

Origanalist
11-20-2012, 10:42 AM
When the republicans start compromising and seeing things our way then we can have some progress. Hey, they do it for the democrats, why not us?

Eric21ND
11-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Now I don't have endure the Rubio/West ticket chants on all the websites.

Origanalist
11-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Now I don't have endure the Rubio/West ticket chants on all the websites.

:)

compromise
11-20-2012, 10:57 AM
how is he on military spending?
Walter Jones is pretty bad on military spending too. He's definitely not a neo-con.

compromise
11-20-2012, 11:01 AM
how is he on the Patriot Act?...NDAA?....

yeah, a real fascist. Fits right in as a NEOCON, and big spending ass wipe. Plus he hates Ron Paul.

fuck this phony POS.

Voting for the Patriot Act or the NDAA doesn't automatically make you a neo-con. A neo-con is an internationalist, traditionally pro democracy-spreading wars (like Libya), very strongly for foreign aid and generally supportive of the United Nations. The best examples are Joe Lieberman, Lindsey Graham and John McCain. The Republican Party wasn't too great on civil liberties even before the 70s when most of the neo-cons arrived. Being anti-civil liberties makes you an authoritarian. Note I have not criticized anyone here for calling him an authoritarian, because that's true.

compromise
11-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Your name says it all......
Don't you worry.....your little man will be on fox news

1) I don't live in the US and therefore don't get FOX News, so I have never watched it.
2) I didn't deny anything else people in this thread said about Allen West because it was true.
3) Congratulations on being the 20th person to call me out on my username! Seriously, it's almost like you guys copy and paste each other, your responses seem almost identical..

compromise
11-20-2012, 11:13 AM
To me a neocon is any social conservative who puts the global empire ahead of liberty and fiscal responsibility. Mr. West meets the criteria.

Wrong. Many neo-cons are very moderate on social policy! John McCain supports embryonic stem cell research, and he's never apologized for his daughter's love for casual sex and recreational marijuana. He was unpopular with social conservatives during his '08 campaign, hence why he chose a social conservative as his running mate. Same with Graham. And Lieberman goes even further to the point he is liberal on social issues, supporting abortion and gay marriage! Bill Kristol, one of the founding fathers of neoconservatism, is also very moderate socially.

A neo-con is someone who is ultra-interventionist on foreign policy and believes intervention (through war and foreign aid) is the best solution in every case. They are often relatively moderate on domestic policy, both socially and fiscally.

Neo-con is NOT the right word to use to describe people who, as bad as they are, are not actually neo-cons!

JK/SEA
11-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Walter Jones is pretty bad on military spending too.

wrong. Look up his votes and CURRENT position.

JK/SEA
11-20-2012, 11:20 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=neocon

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tea-o-con

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Teaocon

QuickZ06
11-20-2012, 11:22 AM
One and done, One and done!

erowe1
11-20-2012, 11:29 AM

No. Generally neocons are social liberals.

tsai3904
11-20-2012, 11:36 AM

Walter Jones is bad on military spending. These are some bills he voted against reducing military spending with Amash's explanations:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll128.xml

Here's the roll call for Amendment 141 to H R 1, which reduces defense/military spending to 2008 levels. I voted yes. It failed 76-344.

Bring our men and women home from the countless overseas engagements. Our military strength has always derived from our economic strength, and our exploding debt jeopardizes our security. A bankrupt country cannot defend its people.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll343.xml

Here's the roll call for the Woolsey of CA Amendment 2 to H R 1540, which eliminates funding for the V-22 Osprey aircraft. The Osprey has had significant cost overruns and has a checkered safety record. The President's Fiscal Commission recommended its elimination. I voted yes. It failed 83-334.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll496.xml

Here's the roll call for the Broun of GA Amendment 23 to H R 2219, which makes a 10% cut to the Secretary of Defense's account. With a $14 trillion debt, we need cuts like this. I voted yes. It failed 87-328.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll532.xml

just voted no on H R 2219, Dep't of Defense Approps. The bill increases DoD spending by $17 billion (excl. Afghanistan and Iraq spending). It funds wasteful projects, doesn't explicitly prohibit the Pres. from diverting funds to the unconstitutional Libya war, and supports an Auth. for Use of Military Force that allows the Pres. to attack anyone, anywhere, anytime w/o further congressional approval. It passed 336-87.

compromise
11-20-2012, 11:38 AM
That's on foreign military intervention. He is a big military spender, because there's a base in his congressional district.

JK/SEA
11-20-2012, 11:50 AM
That's on foreign military intervention. He is a big military spender, because there's a base in his congressional district.

Military Defense spending for me is not a deal breaker necessarily. Military intervention spending is. Plus Walter Jones is a Ron Paul supporter.

Allen West and Walter Jones are not on the same wave length.

Odin
11-20-2012, 11:58 AM

Is he a Terminator? He looks like he could be...

But anywho, a vacuous idiot out of the GOP can only be a good thing.

compromise
11-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Military Defense spending for me is not a deal breaker necessarily. Military intervention spending is. Plus Walter Jones is a Ron Paul supporter.

But Allen West and John McCain aren't on the same wave length either. The establishment don't like West. Wonder why Republican-dominated Florida tried to redistrict him out? West is generally good domestically. He's one of the few willing to stand up to the racist communists in the Congressional Black Caucus.

I'm not saying this guy is remotely liberty-leaning, but I don't think we should be celebrating him losing to a moderate establishment New Democrat who'll likely vote the same way as West on all of West's bad votes and the other way on all of West's good votes.

AGRP
11-20-2012, 12:04 PM
I feel sorry for the election officials. He might kidnap and water board them for the truth.

RonPaul25
11-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Even if you don't believe Allen West was a neo-con I think we can all agree that he was the biggest jackass in congress, and he hated folks like us, good to see him gone

jkob
11-20-2012, 12:07 PM
The guy is a nutjob and we're a safer country with him out of congress. This won't be the last we hear from him.

John F Kennedy III
11-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Walter Jones is pretty bad on military spending too. He's definitely not a neo-con.

Walter Jones is one of the few politicians we can trust:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?334429-The-Politicians-We-Can-Trust&highlight=Politicians+Trust

(not updated)

I have something MUCH bigger and better in the works ;)

John F Kennedy III
11-20-2012, 12:25 PM

Walter is damn near a Paul clone. I haven't looked it up, but I've been told he was the father of Reaganomics. Now THAT is a transformation! :)

NIU Students for Liberty
11-20-2012, 12:26 PM
The sun is out and I will no longer have to hear Allen West bash Ron Paul or talk about the Muslim boogieman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUsNx5P6Lo

Eric21ND
11-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Allen West threw the real tea party people under the bus when he supported the debt ceiling compromise from Boehnor. He got called out on his facebook page and many of the people who voted for him were angry and said they would remember it for his reelection. I think that vote cost him the election.