PDA

View Full Version : Pat Buchanan professing his love for Alexander Hamilton

Eric21ND
11-20-2012, 06:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-5_pv8csMY

First comment
Buchanan's ignorance of economics is embarrassing. I love you Pat, but read up on economics sometime! DiLorenzo is on the mark.

Chester Copperpot
11-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Why did morning Joe omit the word "archenemy" in the title.. Makes the entire book sound different...

It should be how "Jefferson's archenemy betrayed the revolution"

not

how "Jefferson betrayed the revolution"

juleswin
11-20-2012, 08:15 AM
Pat Buchanan, a man who thinks only if Americans vote for the republican party instead of the dem party, the republic would be restored.

LibertyEagle
11-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Pat Buchanan, a man who thinks only if Americans vote for the republican party instead of the dem party, the republic would be restored.

No, he doesn't.

I cannot believe he liked Hamilton though. That is disappointing.

Eric21ND
11-20-2012, 01:30 PM
No, he doesn't.

Buchanan is very hit or miss after you begin to scratch the surface.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Buchanan just likes tariffs. He always will.

jllundqu
11-20-2012, 02:44 PM
After reading "The Death of the West" I knew all I needed to about ole Pat...

AuH20
11-20-2012, 02:54 PM
No, he doesn't.

If you actually examine Hamilton's works closely, he isn't quite the enemy of liberty he is made out to be. Read some of the Federalist Papers penned by him. You will be surprised what you come across.

AuH20
11-20-2012, 03:00 PM
After reading "The Death of the West" I knew all I needed to about ole Pat...

When the stewards of western civilization die off and they do not sucessfully transfer their knowledge to the next generation, the end result is not pretty. That's what the Death of the West is largely about and it's synopsis is spot on. The U.S. is on it's way to be a banana republic with an EU style government and with defined castes.

Occam's Banana
11-20-2012, 03:56 PM
If you actually examine Hamilton's works closely, he isn't quite the enemy of liberty he is made out to be. Read some of the Federalist Papers penned by him. You will be surprised what you come across.

Actually, I think a good case can be made that he is even more of an enemy of liberty than he is made out to be. He knew the quarter from which the wind was blowing, and realized that if the Articles of Confederation remained in place, his dreams of imperial grandeur would forever be frustrated. That is why he was such an avid & eloquent supporter of the Constitution. He was a very shrewd and cunning man, and he saw all the opportunities the Constitution afforded for advancing his goals.

When his "British Plan" was rejected as a basis for the Constitution, he left the Constitutional Convention in a huff. But he realized he had made a mistake and would have no say or influence over the final product, so he returned and was assigned to the very influential Committee of Style, which was responsible for finalizing the exact wording of the Constitution. (And we all know how well *that* worked out, don't we?) In 1802 he would refer to the Constitution as a "frail and worthless fabric" - because his opponents had (only sometimes, unfortunately) been successful in using it to thwart his schemes.

Alexander Hamilton was not a friend of liberty. He was a friend of geopolitical & financial Empire - and, hence, an enemy of liberty.

juleswin
11-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Actually, I think a good case can be made that he is even more of an enemy of liberty than he is made out to be. He knew the quarter from which the wind was blowing, and realized that if the Articles of Confederation remained in place, his dreams of imperial grandeur would forever be frustrated. That is why he was such an avid & eloquent supporter of the Constitution. He was a very shrewd and cunning man, and he saw all the opportunities the Constitution afforded for advancing his goals.

When his "British Plan" was rejected as a basis for the Constitution, he left the Constitutional Convention in a huff. But he realized he had made a mistake and would have no say or influence over the final product, so he returned and was assigned to the very influential Committee of Style, which was responsible for finalizing the exact wording of the Constitution. (And we all know how well *that* worked out, don't we?) In 1802 he would refer to the Constitution as a "frail and worthless fabric" - because his opponents had (only sometimes, unfortunately) been successful in using it to thwart his schemes.

Alexander Hamilton was not a friend of liberty. He was a friend of geopolitical & financial Empire - and, hence, an enemy of liberty.

Sad I can only give 1 +rep for this post :(. I dont remember the details but Tom Woods said a lot more about Pat's best in Hamilton. If I remember correctly, he also wanted the president to rule for life. Friend of liberty my ass

Tpoints
11-20-2012, 05:21 PM
No, he doesn't.

did he ever say he was a libertarian?

Tpoints
11-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Buchanan just likes tariffs. He always will.

Buchanan likes protectionism, Alex Jones like net neutrality, Ron Paul likes less government.

juleswin
11-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Buchanan likes protectionism, Alex Jones like net neutrality, Ron Paul likes less government.

Any way to prove that Alex Jones likes net neutrality? I am not the crazy about AJ but even him is not that stupid to support Obama's pet project in net neutrality

Tpoints
11-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Any way to prove that Alex Jones likes net neutrality? I am not the crazy about AJ but even him is not that stupid to support Obama's pet project in net neutrality

I'm searching, but I definitely remember there was an interview in which Alex Jones says Ron Paul is naive for not supporting Net Neutrality legislation. Google search turned up this thread, I'm sure I'll find it soon.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?7400-Alex-Jones-discussing-Ron-Paul-s-stance-on-Net-Neutrality-NOW

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?7452-Alex-Jones-completely-wrong-about-Net-Neutrality

heavenlyboy34
11-20-2012, 05:52 PM
If you actually examine Hamilton's works closely, he isn't quite the enemy of liberty he is made out to be. Read some of the Federalist Papers penned by him. You will be surprised what you come across. Keep in mind The Federalist was intended to persuade Americans. There's loads of rhetoric and not-quite-truths in them.

Todd
11-20-2012, 07:19 PM
nobodies perfect. Still better than about 99% of all the politicians out there.

nobody's_hero
11-20-2012, 07:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaWBs46USqE