PDA

View Full Version : Why the Cover Up?

CaptUSA
11-19-2012, 06:01 PM
The Benghazi Fiasco.

The way I see it they could have covered it up for political reasons - a terrorist attack on 9/11 ruins the narrative.

Could it be they were hiding their covert operations at the consulate? You know, "enhanced" interrogations that aren't supposed to be happening.

Maybe they didn't want people to know how bad they screwed up security and acted slowly with the response.

Finally, (and this would make Obama look good) could they have worried that a terrorist attack would make America call for more war in Libya and they wanted to prevent it?

belian78
11-19-2012, 06:03 PM
We'll never know the full extent of the goings on with all the players, but from a historical perspective you can pretty much assure the 'official' story will be horse puckey.

CaptUSA
11-19-2012, 06:06 PM
I should have made that poll multiple choice. I actually believe it was probably a combination of the first 3, but someone may have rationalized number 4 in their head.

CaptUSA
11-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Well, it looks like they're going to sacrifice Jim Clapper for this one.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57552328/sources-dni-cut-al-qaeda-reference-from-benghazi-talking-points-cia-fbi-signed-off/

I really hope this doesn't throw off the investigation. They're doing everything they can... sex scandal, who changed the talking points, don't blame Rice...

I have my doubts as to whether anyone in DC has a backbone, but this should be the biggest scandal in our history. I can't believe the real story isn't getting more attention. Even in RPF land, we seem to treat it like just another gubmint screw-up.

jllundqu
11-20-2012, 10:59 AM
God damned vipers, all of them