PDA

View Full Version : How should we continue the Ron Paul Revolution?

ssunlimited
11-18-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't know if I'm allowed to say "Ron Paul Revolution" here. I have 3 main questions about this.

1) Who is Ron Paul's legacy? Ron Paul won't run in 2016, who should we support in 2016 that has the most with our principles?
Ron Paul won't run in 2016. Who would carry Ron Paul's legacy? I would think its someone in the Republican party. If not then the Democratic party. If not both of those then a third party but I think one should support their candidate in one of those two main parties as third parties don't stand a chance.

2) What are all the things we can do to support the candidate to win the election?
Here are some that I can think of:
1) Donate money to their campaigns
2) Tell everyone you know about the candidate
3) Put up the candidate's signs on your house window and your car's back
4) Make calls to the state's having the primaries and elections
5) Give out the candidate's brochures on the street
6) Vote in the debates that your preferred candidate won
7) Vote for them in the elections

3) Who should I support for representative in 2014?
My district seems to be 8th in NY right now ruled by Jarrold Nadler. But he was redistricted to 10th. I don't know what it means but I guess that means Nadler represents 10th district now and my district 8th stays with the new representative being Hakeem Jeffries. Who should I support in 2014 in my district?

EDIT: No it looks like my district is 11th as it is the Kings County and one website showed that redistricting changes

thoughtomator
11-18-2012, 09:25 PM
a few answers

- of course you can say "Ron Paul Revolution" here. Say it everywhere, and damn whatever anyone else thinks.
- Ron Paul's legacy, literally and figuratively, is his son Rand. There are others as well - Amash, Massie, perhaps Walter Jones, and a handful of new liberty GOPers with shiny new House seats.

on questions #2 and #3 - the fact that you live in Democratland limits your options sharply. I used to live in NY-8. In fact, I was in the next room when a conclave of powerful local Democrats anointed Nadler to be the successor to Ted Weiss - a process that soured me on the Democratic Party, to which I was being recruited at the time, forever.

Your best options for exercising influence are to support liberty candidates outside of your district (which is a lost cause for the forseeable future). Read these boards and you'll get plenty of specific ideas and names.

You could try getting involved in the local GOP, but it is unlikely to have any seriousness to it. Perhaps you could contribute to the rebuilding of the GOP in your area, a long term project. You could also consider getting involved in the Dems and trying to steer them on Dem-friendly liberty issues (e.g. due process, cannabis legalization, anti-war), but my experience is that that district is pure machine politics and if you haven't been involved for 20 years you may as well not exist at all.

More than anything, tell the truth to everyone who will listen and spread the flame of liberty. Plant the seeds and let them grow.

ssunlimited
11-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks for your reply. Well the funny thing is that my representative(district 11) is a REPUBLICAN. I actually wanted to vote for his Democratic opponent as he was endorsed by Kirsten Gillibrand who was in turn endorsed by Dennis Kucinich, a friend of Ron Paul's.

Feeding the Abscess
11-18-2012, 11:06 PM
We need to radicalize - every one of us. Take our current positions, and stretch them until we get uncomfortable. Reject the government in every way possible. Teach our children to live by the non-aggression principle and raise them accordingly. If people listen to our arguments and are able to be swayed, that's great; however, don't expect that to happen frequently. We won't be able to change minds as much as activate those who hold an affinity towards libertarianism but haven't yet been exposed to it (ie, the remnant).