PDA

View Full Version : The anti-Marco Rubio 2016 Thread

FrankRep
11-18-2012, 07:38 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Marco_Rubio,_Official_Portrait,_112th_Congress.jpg/220px-Marco_Rubio,_Official_Portrait,_112th_Congress.jpg

Marco Rubio is a likely choice for the GOP in 2016. I already see the "Marco Rubio 2016" idea being pushed by the media.

Time to prepare and collect information on him.

Neither Rubio Nor His Amnesty Plan Is Conservative (http://www.thenewamerican.com/reviews/opinion/item/15467-neither-rubio-nor-his-amnesty-plan-is-conservative) - 22 May 2013

Rubio's amnesty plan is debunked for the sham that it is.

Marco Rubio Would Expand "Liberal International Order" (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/foreign-policy/item/14556-rubio-would-expand-liberal-international-order) - 18 February 2013

Marco Rubio demands more U.S. "leadership" in a growing "liberal international order."

Amnesty: More Proof That Rubio is No Conservative (http://www.thenewamerican.com/reviews/opinion/item/14383-amnesty-more-proof-that-rubio-is-no-conservative) - 31 January 2013

Rubio's position on immigration is more proof that he is no different than John McCain or Lindsey Graham.

Marco Rubio: No Conservative (http://www.thenewamerican.com/reviews/opinion/item/14186-marco-rubio-no-conservative) - 11 January 2013

It is shown that from his positions on various issues, Marco Rubio is just as much a proponent of Big Government as any other establishment politician.

Despite Minor Differences, Romney and Rubio Look to UN For Syrian Policy (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/12303-despite-minor-differences-romney-and-rubio-look-to-un-for-syrian-policy) - 03 August 2012

Mitt Romney and possible running mate Marco Rubio disagree on a few points with regard to Syria, but both look to the UN for cues on Syrian policy.

Are Marco Rubio and Bobby Jindal Natural-born Citizens? (http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/12245-are-marco-rubio-and-bobby-jindal-natural-born-citizens) - 29 July 2012

There is significant evidence that neither Marco Rubio nor Bobby Jindal is a natural born citizen as required of President by the Constitution.

Rubio Embraces Interventionist Foreign Policy (http://www.thenewamerican.com/reviews/opinion/item/11170-rubio-embraces-interventionist-foreign-policy) - 30 April 2012

In Wednesday's speech at the Brookings Institution, Sen. Marco Rubio made it clear he would pose no threat to the interventionist foreign policy of both political parties.

itshappening
11-18-2012, 07:49 PM
His chief of staff is Cesar Conda who was part of Mitt Romney's 2008 campaign and was a former aide to Dick Cheney.

Did Marco Rubio’s chief of staff help push the Florida primary earlier in order to benefit Mitt Romney? (http://www.redstate.com/finrod/2011/10/13/did-marco-rubio-chief-of-staff-help-push-the-florida-primary-earlier-in-order-to-benefit-mitt-romney/)

“Cesar used to be with Romney’s campaign,” one informed source explained to me in an interview today, adding: “Conda used his contacts to push the primary to the 31st because they want Romney in.”

Conda’s loyalty to Romney was highlighted in a Politico story by Scott Wong last week: “At least six past and current Rubio Senate aides, including chief of staff Cesar Conda and his deputy, Terry Sullivan, worked for Romney’s 2008 presidential bid, establishing a direct link and a line of communication between the front-runner for the 2012 GOP nomination and the front-runner in the Republican veepstakes. There’s also a trail of fundraisers, donors and consultants who have overlapping relationships with Rubio and Romney.”

Ceasar Conda is a top Neocon who does not like Rand Paul:

Is Ken Buck a “Rand Paul” on national security? (http://www.politico.com/arena/perm/Cesar_Conda_2531EEF8-3E8B-4D7B-9A74-C0CAF28F2CAE.html)

We need Republicans in the United States Senate like Jane Norton who understand the serious threat to America posed by terrorists, and have an unwavering commitment to do whatever it takes to defeat them.

One Rand Paul in the U.S. Senate is more than enough.

itshappening
11-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Rubio is a Manchurian candidate who surrounds himself with some of the worst Neocons around i.e alot of people who worked for Bush and Cheney.

It's no wonder he is being pushed by the media.

Odin
11-18-2012, 08:11 PM
I was looking at this website, I think it's done by Jim DeMint, but it highlights the votes of all the senators and how "conservative" they are: http://www.senateconservatives.com/site/senators

Some things that stood out or were surprising:
1.) How many Republican senators vote against conservative positions.
2.) How every Democratic senator is almost completely anti-conservative.
3.) Senators who voted 100% conservative: Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Jim DeMint.
4.) Senators who were 1 or 2 votes away from 100%: Marco Rubio, Tom Coburn, Pat Toomey, Ron Johnson, and Jim Inhofe (sort of who had 5 "un-conservative" votes, the others in this list had 1 besides Coburn who had 2).
5.) The rest were surprisingly far from being conservative. For instance only 20 senators voted against Bank Corporate Welfare. 19 Republicans and Bernie Sanders lol.

Although that's only economic issues and I'm told Rubio is not good on foreign policy, but he is still better than probably 80% of Republicans based on his voting record, so he should be an ally.

Only 8 senators really have a consistent fiscally conservative voting record, that is astounding to me and I thought it would be much higher.

Edit: I should add David Vitter to that list, just noticed he has a very solid voting record as well.

BSU kid
11-19-2012, 01:40 AM
This article mentions Rubio endorsed Huckabee (http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2007/12/10/4431797-huck-fl-nod-more-on-homosexuality) and that RON PAUL did not want anything to do with Rubio.

GunnyFreedom
11-19-2012, 02:22 AM
Voting for the NDAA is not conservative. I wonder where he stands on PATRIOT, PIPA, CISPA, protesting near public buildings, Food Safety Modernization, etc etc at nauseum. Fiscal conservatism is only one piece of a much larger liberty pie.

compromise
11-19-2012, 02:55 AM
Rubio is an actual neoconservative in the original sense of the word, in that he supports no limits on foreign aid to anyone and he supports both Bush wars and Obama wars. Rubio will back any war offered to him because he is an internationalist.

Rubio is not someone we can support. He isn't a DeMint/Lee/Moran/Bachmann-type on foreign policy, as I've said before, this man is the Latino Lindsey Graham. Domestically, he might be better, but with a foreign policy like that, I'm not sure it matters. He is also terrible on civil liberties as expected.

Smart3
11-19-2012, 03:28 AM
Charlie Crist 2010! It's never too late for a recount! :)

John F Kennedy III
11-19-2012, 03:54 AM
Charlie Crist 2010! It's never too late for a recount! :)

Al Gore 2000?

BSU kid
11-19-2012, 08:32 AM
It's almost Ironic calling Rubio a minority, he is as fair skinned as most Caucasian people and wealthier then most Americans. I am not even sure he can easily relate to your typical hispanic voter, the majority of hispanics in the United States have mixed Aboriginal American/European Ancestry...I would wager Rubio has mostly European ancestry.

FrankRep
06-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Maybe this thread isn't needed anymore. LOL.

Lucille
06-29-2013, 11:19 AM
He's been dubbed "electable" by the GOP establishment. Remember how all the grassroots conservatives hated Romney and said they'd never vote for him? But they were told he was the "electable" one. Their track record of "electable" failures does not matter. Once that label's been pinned on a candidate, it's all over but the crying.

Warlord
06-29-2013, 11:22 AM
My cousin was on to him day one and that's verified in numerous posts. Conda's email during the Rand Paul primary is well know and as soon as he hired him it was all downhill from there for him.

Sadly these neocons are not going away but at least they're becoming politically irrelevant.

Rubio does not have a hope in Iowa or New Hampshire and therefore you might as well stick a fork in him. He's done and will be lucky to be re-elected to the Senate in 2016.

Christian Liberty
06-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Rubio is an actual neoconservative in the original sense of the word, in that he supports no limits on foreign aid to anyone and he supports both Bush wars and Obama wars. Rubio will back any war offered to him because he is an internationalist.

Rubio is not someone we can support. He isn't a DeMint/Lee/Moran/Bachmann-type on foreign policy, as I've said before, this man is the Latino Lindsey Graham. Domestically, he might be better, but with a foreign policy like that, I'm not sure it matters. He is also terrible on civil liberties as expected.

What is Bachmann's foreign policy, exactly? And is it really the same thing as Lee's?

Christian Liberty
06-29-2013, 11:41 AM

What is Bachmann's foreign policy, exactly? And is it really the same thing as Lee's?

DeMint at least seemed open minded to Ron Paul type foreign policy, he probably doesn't go as far, but he seemed open minded. It seems like Mike Lee agrees with Rand most of the time. Bachmann, on the other hand, was clamoring for war with Iran.

acptulsa
06-29-2013, 01:58 PM
He's been dubbed "electable" by the GOP establishment. Remember how all the grassroots conservatives hated Romney and said they'd never vote for him? But they were told he was the "electable" one. Their track record of "electable" failures does not matter. Once that label's been pinned on a candidate, it's all over but the crying.

Good observation. Yes, Republicans in general and Republican primary voters in particular are very caught up in the media's stamp of approval that way. And the media plays it for all it's worth. I still remember CBS showing some alleged Republican primary voter's alleged original thought that he liked Ron Paul but felt he must vote for Romney in order to ensure Obama didn't get reelected. What a joke.

And we must point out the humor of it, and we must start soon. The alleged electability of McCain and Romney are seriously laughable, and it's vital for us to get all the laughs out of it we can (starting now). It isn't a hard dialog. The liberal media pronounce those least likely to defeat the Democrat the 'most electable', and Murdoch's Fox News (yes, the same Murdoch who owns the most liberal of all the liberal media, the New York Post) parrots it. The only way to take this weapon out of their arsenal is to use humor to extract the firing pin. And we can do just that, with ease, if we have enough sense to.

RonPaulMall
06-29-2013, 02:10 PM

Rubio's was the establishment's darling when he first go elected, but I don't think they view him as a viable candidate anymore. The only thing he ever had going for him was his "Hispanic-ness" and once a more conservative and outspoken Hispanic (Cruz) got elected Rubio's entire case for the nomination sort of fell apart. Now that he's alienated the entire Conservative base, the establishment will cast him aside for someone better. Looks like Christie is their go to guy right now. He's as flawed as Rubio in many ways, but the fact that he's ten times smarter and governs a state that is a stone's throw from Manhattan gives him greater street cred with the establishment.

acptulsa
06-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Looks like Christie is their go to guy right now. He's as flawed as Rubio in many ways, but the fact that he's ten times smarter and governs a state that is a stone's throw from Manhattan gives him greater street cred with the establishment.

Maybe, but does that really translate into credibility among Republican voters?

We've really thrown the monkey wrench in, by reminding conservatives what conservatism really is. This is a battle for the hearts and minds of American conservatives, and the establishment is so completely working at odds to their goals that I don't think the establishment can fool them any more. We can win them over, but we're going to have to work at it and we had better not wait for election season to do it. We have to do it now.

randpaul2016
06-29-2013, 02:43 PM
innnn

Warlord
06-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Rubio's was the establishment's darling when he first go elected, but I don't think they view him as a viable candidate anymore. The only thing he ever had going for him was his "Hispanic-ness" and once a more conservative and outspoken Hispanic (Cruz) got elected Rubio's entire case for the nomination sort of fell apart. Now that he's alienated the entire Conservative base, the establishment will cast him aside for someone better. Looks like Christie is their go to guy right now. He's as flawed as Rubio in many ways, but the fact that he's ten times smarter and governs a state that is a stone's throw from Manhattan gives him greater street cred with the establishment.

I really think they'll be struggling to put someone up against Rand come 2015. It's looking like a walk over for him in Iowa and New Hampshire. Tip for you: As soon as Vegas opens a market get as much cash as you can on it and take whatever odds they offer. Let's organize a movement to rape the bookmakers for every dollar imaginable. I've already got sizable amounts on in Europe but hard to get more on without crashing the market.

jeffro97
08-16-2014, 07:35 PM
As a Florida resident, I don't think I could support him. With his record in the Senate, and his record in the Florida Legislature, I'd be looking for someone who actually stands more for Liberty.

Henry Rogue
08-16-2014, 09:23 PM
This thread gives me cotton mouth.

extortion17
08-21-2014, 05:54 AM
Youtube everything that Senator Rubio says and does for the record . . .

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/rubio1_zps7ab7f817.gif (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/rubio1_zps7ab7f817.gif.html)

just like all the grassroots needed to do to expose the real McCain "Double Talk Express"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI