PDA

View Full Version : CA-Cops shoot man dead for throwing a stick at them

Anti Federalist
11-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Family calls cops because of family fight.

SMH

Stick-wielding man shot, killed by San Bernardino Police officers

Staff Reportssbsun.com
Posted: 11/15/2012 09:06:57 PM PST

http://www.sbsun.com/breakingnews/ci_22006936/stick-wielding-man-shot-killed-by-san-bernardino

SAN BERNARDINO -- San Bernardino Police officers shot and killed a 28-year-old man when he reportedly threw a stick at them as they tried to investigate a disturbance Thursday afternoon, officials said.
Johnny Louis Gonzalez of San Bernardino was shot several timed by police officers, according to a police press release. He was taken to Community Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

Around 2:30 p.m., police were called out to the 2400 block of N. San Benito Street for a family fight, according to police officials. When the arrived a man, later identified as Gonzalez, reportedly charged at officers. He pulled a wooden stick from his waistband and threw it at the police officers, officials said.

According to the release, the officers feared for their lives and fired their weapons, striking Gonzalez.

None of the officers or anyone else was injured in the incident.

The case will be submitted to the San Bernardino District Attorney's office for review.

Anyone with information is asked to conact Detective JOhn Munoz at 909-384-5630 or Sgt. Gary Robinson at 909-841-5361.

tod evans
11-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Next...........................The perp looked scary..:mad:

presence
11-18-2012, 04:03 PM
http://galatorg.com/pm2012/pm2012.html
http://pastebin.com/VQPzpAUL

They're taking requests

kathy88
11-18-2012, 06:33 PM
huh...

According to the release, the officers feared for their lives

AFPVet
11-18-2012, 06:39 PM
From an LEO standpoint, there are a few of things to consider when dealing with a threat:

1. Does the subject possess the ability to inflict serious bodily injury or death?
2. Does the subject have the opportunity to use such means to inflict serious bodily injury or death?
3. Does the subject place the officer or another person's life in danger of serious bodily injury or death?
4. Since there is a weapon at every situation, and that weapon being the officer's, does the subject place the officer(s) in a position where his/her weapon can be compromised and used against him/her?

Fearing for one's life alone is not enough to warrant the utilization of deadly force. This is just more circular BS.

Kotin
11-18-2012, 06:42 PM
"the officers feared for their lives and fired their weapons, striking Gonzalez..."

what a bunch of pussies.

Henry Rogue
11-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Was the stick registered? Did it have a flash suppressor?

AGRP
11-18-2012, 07:11 PM
He pulled a wooden stick from his waistband and threw it at the police officers, officials said.

He must of been a member of that new gang ive heard about called the stick ups. They carry sticks in their wastebands and are known to throw them at people. Eye injuries have skyrocketed.

alucard13mmfmj
11-18-2012, 07:17 PM
So the guy threw the stick, they didn't take a second to see what he threw? So if i threw a roll of toilet paper at them, just because they get startled or feared for their life, I can get shot? lol.

Although, I wouldn't throw anything at teh cops, knowing that I'd be imprisoned or shot. Last I want is to be in the "system". I rather remain a civil, obedient member of society until that "time" comes.

Anti Federalist
11-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Was the stick registered? Did it have a flash suppressor?

It had two detachable magazines of 30 smaller sticks.

And a pistol grip.

Anti Federalist
11-18-2012, 07:26 PM
"the officers feared for their lives and fired their weapons, striking Gonzalez..."

what a bunch of pussies.

That's just the official "cover" story to prevent prosecution.

They lit the guy up because they wanted to, because they could, no more or less than that.

High fives and Combat Quals for all.

Origanalist
11-18-2012, 07:33 PM
That's just the official "cover" story to prevent prosecution.

They lit the guy up because they wanted to, because they could, no more or less than that.

High fives and Combat Quals for all.

Another notch tatoo'd on the arm, another notch on the firearm.

Anti Federalist
11-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Another notch tatoo'd on the arm, another notch on the firearm.

War on Us.

Henry Rogue
11-18-2012, 10:18 PM
A few years ago my brother watch a spectacle at one of his neighbors' house. Apparently his neighbor was suicidal. Someone called the cops. The neighbor gave himself up, walked out of the house. At that point the cops tackled him and roughed him up. Afterwards he said they were all smiles, high fiving each other like they just scored a touchdown. My brother is still a neocon but at least he's starting to see LE for what it is.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-18-2012, 10:43 PM
According to the release, the officers feared for their lives...

Doesn't take shit to scare these guys.

So the guy threw the stick, they didn't take a second to see what he threw? So if i threw a roll of toilet paper at them, just because they get startled or feared for their life, I can get shot? lol.

I would remove the lol, bot otherwise, quite possibly.

FindLiberty
11-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Let me see your hands! (and since hands can be weapons too...) Pop, pop, pop (three to the center of mass).

PaulConventionWV
11-19-2012, 09:16 AM
From an LEO standpoint, there are a few of things to consider when dealing with a threat:

1. Does the subject possess the ability to inflict serious bodily injury or death?
2. Does the subject have the opportunity to use such means to inflict serious bodily injury or death?
3. Does the subject place the officer or another person's life in danger of serious bodily injury or death?
4. Since there is a weapon at every situation, and that weapon being the officer's, does the subject place the officer(s) in a position where his/her weapon can be compromised and used against him/her?

Fearing for one's life alone is not enough to warrant the utilization of deadly force. This is just more circular BS.

Pfff... nobody has time to run through that long list of 4 things to decide whether or not they should shoot someone. The officers feared for their lives... all of them... for their LIVES!!!