PDA

View Full Version : Stiffen Bob McDonnell’s Spine (VA Governor)

Matt Collins
11-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Via an e-mail -

http://www.chooseliberty.org/images/Header-3.jpg

Dear Matt,

For statist politicians, economic problems caused by too much inflating, spending, taxing, regulating, and borrowing can be solved by more of the same.

Today, news is everywhere about Republican Members of Congress seeking a “deal” with President Obama to hike our taxes.

Now Politico reports that even Republican Governors are “softening” their opposition!

Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell is quoted as saying, “I think we’re going to have to be [flexible] now . . . The president campaigned on [tax hikes].”

Matt, I’m afraid you and I are going to have inject some stiffness into Bob McDonnell’s “flexible” spine.

Politicians with national ambitions need to be shown that raising taxes and spending, and talking like Democrats, is not the way to restore the Republican Party ... Or to help the US economy.

So won’t you call Governor McDonnell immediately at (804) 786-2211 to tell him you’ve had enough of statists in BOTH parties looking for any excuse to take more of your money?

Please do so at once.

You see, time is short. There isn’t much time to stop the statists’ Big Government schemes during the “lame-duck” session of Congress.

And massive tax hikes are virtually SURE to be part of any smoky backroom deal between BOTH parties - unless I can count on your immediate action.

Please don’t be fooled.

Raising taxes has nothing to do with closing our $16 TRILLION national debt.

It’s about government control.

It’s about allowing politicians to look like they’re “doing something” while forcing YOU to pay for their unwillingness to restore government back to its limited role.

That’s why it’s critical you call Governor Bob McDonnell at once at (804) 786-2211.

Tell him not to cave in and run away with a whimper at the first sign of a fight.

Tell him you want to see spending cut and government limited – not taxes hiked.

Please act TODAY.

In Liberty,
http://www.chooseliberty.org/images/tate-signature.gif
John Tate
President

P.S. I’m afraid you and I are going to have inject some stiffness into Bob McDonnell’s spine.

Just recently, Governor McDonnell “softened” on calls to hike taxes, which would force you and me to pony up for the statists in BOTH parties’ unwillingness to cut spending and restore our government to its limited, constitutional role.

Please call Bob McDonnell at once at (804) 786-2211 to tell him to fight calls to hike taxes – not run away and whimper at the first sign of a fight.

And if you can, please chip in $10 or $25 to help C4L stay at the frontlines of the fight for freedom (http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/10324905:13827893284:m:N:170934541:163799CD541F825 FA3EADC50E4EE79E9).

Brett85
11-17-2012, 05:35 PM
The bad thing about it is that if Congress does nothing then taxes go up for everyone. The last time this issue came up Ron was one of only three Republicans to vote with the Democrats to extend the tax cuts for everyone except those making over $250,000 a year. His reasoning was that he would rather extend the tax cuts for 98% of the American people then extend them for nobody. I haven't heard Ron speak about extending the tax cuts this time around, but the worst case scenario would be if Congress did nothing and allowed all of the tax cuts to expire.

itshappening
11-17-2012, 06:46 PM
let them all expire so everyone can see the effects of big government i.e you need to pay for it