PDA

View Full Version : Cruz: “I’m Pretty Certain Mitt Romney Actually French-kissed Barack Obama”

RPfan1992
11-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Yes, my friends, that is a direct quote. But here’s a bit of context before your collective imaginations start running wild (via Politico):

Sen.-elect Ted Cruz believes Mitt Romney got a little too close to Barack Obama in the third presidential debate.

“I’m pretty certain Mitt Romney actually French-kissed Barack Obama,” Cruz said in a speech at the Federalist Society’s annual conference Friday.

Cruz said that conservatives failed to make their case to the American people, leaving Romney no choice but to move toward the president. “We didn’t win the argument, we didn’t even make the argument” throughout much of 2012, Cruz said.

But all that changed, he argued, during the first presidential debate:

“It was the one time we actually contested ideas, presented two viewpoints and directions for the country,” he said. “And then inevitably, there are these mandarins of politics, who give the voice: ‘Don’t show any contrasts. Don’t rock the boat.’ So by the third debate, I’m pretty certain Mitt Romney actually French-kissed Barack Obama.

“I have no doubt that there is a focus group somewhere of undecided Ohio voters who have been living in a cave for the last 30 years, who decided they liked that,” Cruz continued. “‘Don’t show any disagreement whatsoever with the president. Don’t rock the boat. Just be a nice guy.’”

The Texas Republican speech amounted to something of an alternative history of the 2012 election, in which Romney’s chances peaked after the first debate because he presented strong contrasts with Obama. Most observers have pinpointed the first debate as a moment where Romney moderated his rhetoric and policy proposals, claiming the political center.

Cruz said centrist strategies were doomed to fail Republicans, who should instead focus on a simple motto: “Our ideas work. Theirs don’t.”

Senator-elect Cruz hasn’t even taken the oath of office yet and he’s already causing quite the stir. The next six years are going to be interesting, to say the least.

hxtp://townhall.com/tipsheet/danieldoherty/2012/11/17/cruz_im_pretty_certain_mitt_romney_actually_french kissed_barack_obama

Matt Collins
11-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Photoshop contest!!!

/sarcasm

Origanalist
11-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Beat me to it. :p

Confederate
11-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Photoshop contest!!!

/sarcasm

http://prn.fm/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Obama-Romney-Kiss.jpeg

All that's left is: Tube or GTFO

Origanalist
11-17-2012, 05:43 PM

Please......... no tube. :(

Kotin
11-17-2012, 05:45 PM

oh wow.. /saved to hard drive heheheheheh

AGRP
11-17-2012, 05:59 PM
I dont think we need a tube of what they do.

FreedomProsperityPeace
11-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Oh, that's nasty. [/Cleveland]

Matt Collins
11-17-2012, 06:30 PM
I regret my previous post. :(

Kotin
11-17-2012, 06:58 PM
I regret my previous post. :(

well I am sure you are quite used to that ;)

paulbot24
11-17-2012, 07:22 PM
By all means, rock the boat Senator Cruz. We're already sea-sick and vomitting anyways. Great post!

pochy1776
11-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Im laughing. Hysterically.

osan
11-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Cruz said that conservatives failed to make their case to the American people, leaving Romney no choice but to move toward the president. “We didn’t win the argument, we didn’t even make the argument” throughout much of 2012, Cruz said.

Who is this Cruz person and why is anyone quoting an imbecile who makes such stoopid statements?

Didn't make the argument? Ron Paul has been making it since the stone age. And who are "we", as if this fool speaks for anyone but his own pig-ignorant self.

With friends like that we may as well all become Democrats and have Obama's babies.

osan
11-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Please......... no tube. :(

Too late. Judging by the photo it would appear there was plenty of tube present at that precise moment.

Please tell me that is a photoshop job. Lie if you must.

rprprs
11-17-2012, 09:12 PM
well I am sure you are quite used to that ;)

Oh, that was low............................................ and funny.:D

whoisjohngalt
11-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Who is this Cruz person and why is anyone quoting an imbecile who makes such stoopid statements?

Didn't make the argument? Ron Paul has been making it since the stone age. And who are "we", as if this fool speaks for anyone but his own pig-ignorant self.

With friends like that we may as well all become Democrats and have Obama's babies.

Senator-elect Ted Cruz of Texas. We = Republicans. He is saying the Republican nominee must make the argument, not arguing that no Republican is making it.
Looks like he is coming out of the "I don't really like Romney" closet. This is good to see.

ghengis86
11-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Oh, that was low............................................ and funny.:D

Low enough for the vertically challenged it would seem

devil21
11-18-2012, 03:56 AM
I'll bet they've both been to Bohemian Grove. Just sayin....