PDA

View Full Version : Maine National Committeeman (RP campaign endorsed) calls for Maine GOP chair's resignation

ChrisDixon
11-17-2012, 10:37 AM
GOP National Committeeman Mark Willis Calls For Charlie Webster’s Immediate Resignation
By Chris Dixon

Recently, Maine Republican Party chairman Charlie Webster made some comments to the media regarding a specific race of individuals who were voting on Election Day. In an interview, he stated “In some parts of rural Maine, there were dozens, dozens of black people who came in and voted on Election Day. Everybody has a right to vote, but nobody in [these] towns knows anyone who’s black. How did that happen? I don’t know. We’re going to find out.” The comments have created massive blowback against the Maine Republican Party, which many are decrying as racist.

These comments have upset not only Democrats, Independents, and everyday Mainers, but also Republicans as well. Grassroots Republicans, who are trying to clear the name of their party, are upset that they are again being labeled as racist and insensitive. Republican leadership is also upset that Charlie Webster is again creating a negative controversy for the party. The poor reflection of the party comes after a difficult year for the party, often because of errors and bad statements by the chairman. Now many Republicans have had enough of it, and even though he will be gone at the end of the year, some in leadership feel that is not enough.

More here: http://undercoverporcupine.bangordailynews.com/2012/11/16/politics/gop-national-committeeman-mark-willis-calls-for-charlie-websters-immediate-resignation/

For background, too. Mark Willis was the Ron Paul campaign endorsed candidate for National Committeeman who won at our successful State Convention. Charlie Webster, as I'm sure everyone remembers, is the State GOP Chairman who has been screwing us since the February caucuses.

FSP-Rebel
11-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks Charlie!
http://i45.tinypic.com/2yoqyau.jpg
Makes you guy's job that much easier. God speed for new leadership at your next state convention!

parocks
11-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Oh, yeah. Root for Beth O'Connor for new Chair. Charlie isn't running again.

ChrisDixon
11-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Luckily we have two solid individuals running for State Chair here, with Webster not running again. We can't lose.

The only problem is Charlie is burning the entire party to the ground on his way out. Which is why Willis rightfully called for him to leave now.

Keith and stuff
11-17-2012, 02:17 PM
This is so silly. If a bus full of people left Boston and was headed north, it would go to NH where there was a competitive presidential race and a competitive congressional race. Why would the bus continue to drive for 2-3 hours into rural Maine where there were no competitive federal races or even a gubernatorial race? Did all of these voters vote early in the morning or late in the evening? There was even a competitive US Senate race in MA so the voters would also be voting in Boston. This Charlie guy needs to come up with better conspiracy theories.

Keith and stuff
11-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Here are some of his comments.

"It's not the black thing. It's not about being black. It's about the fact that when you live in a small town most people know you. I live in a town of six or seven thousand people. There are some black people. I would know most of these people," he said. For example, he said, he knows a Chinese man who lives up the street from him. "If there were a number of Chinese people who came in, I'd say, 'wow.'" Asked if that is because he only knows one Chinese person in town, he said yes.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57550603/citing-high-number-of-rural-black-voters-maine-gop-chair-suspects-improprieties-at-the-polls/

So I looked up the town Charlie lives in, Farmington. According to the 2010 Census, there were 6 to 9 Chinese in town. My guess is there are 2 Chinese males in town, which means that Charlie is off by 100% :)

CPUd
11-17-2012, 10:49 PM
HAHA, this guy Webster is the last one who should be complaning about elections.