PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Will Not Fix Fiscal Cliff Without A Stimulus

AuH20
11-17-2012, 09:41 AM
This is insane! These sons-of-bitches need a masonry block to the face as opposed to more funds to dole out to their special interest cronies.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/111612-633804-obama-economy-failure-by-all-measures.htm

Obamanomics: The Democrats are insisting that any fiscal cliff legislation has to include another stimulus package. Right. And the first one worked so well.

According to The Hill, Senate Democrats "say any deficit-reduction package negotiated in the coming weeks must include stimulus measures."

Sen. Charles Schumer, the New York Democrat identified by The Hill as the party's chief political strategist in the Senate, has said, "We need to do something on stimulus as part of the overall fiscal cliff."

Schumer believes a second stimulus is necessary "because the economy is not growing fast enough in the first year or two."

itshappening
11-17-2012, 09:43 AM
it's not up to Chuckie Schumer what the house passes so lets just see, though I expect some kind of sell out by Boehner ...

AuH20
11-17-2012, 09:49 AM
it's not up to Chuckie Schumer what the house passes so lets just see, though I expect some kind of sell out by Boehner ...

Boehner is a traitor and the democrats will play him like a fiddle. I feel sorry for the deluded Republican statists who vote for these measures. There will be an incredible bloodletting during the primary season, and the democrats are counting on it. Hopefully, an element of self-preservation kicks in for these dopes.

CaptUSA
11-17-2012, 09:59 AM
http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/cuwiX.gif
Damn, I'm SOOO hungry.... Maybe I should just take a little bite from here....

Morons.

In a related note, I actually heard Greenspan on C-Span (he he... greenspan on cspan.. he he...) last night saying we needed severe cuts. Asked about revenue increases, he was saying that if we had to increase taxes to get the spending cuts, it'd be worth it, because spending needs cut so badly. You know, even I may be convinced to raise taxes a little if we got DEEP DEEP spending cuts. You know real cuts, not the baseline budgeting thing. His argument was you could always lower taxes later, but it's almost impossible to get them to cut spending. It kinda reminded me of the Reagan dupe, but in reverse.

Brian4Liberty
11-17-2012, 10:35 AM
The Democrats have no incentive to give in one bit. If no deal happens, they will be happy to have the Bush tax cuts expire. The GOP should not make a deal under these circumstances, because the Dems will demand everything they ever wanted.

angelatc
11-17-2012, 10:53 AM
I think we should just bite the bullet and do this thing. And I'm pretty sure that's what they want to happen anyway. They hacked out this deal so they can both blame the other side.

There's some serious spending cuts in here - to the military, even - that will make the GOP howl like Banshees.

And the Dems always get everything they want. It just takes them a while.

supermario21
11-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Let's just go over the cliff. I don't even care anymore. I expect to see Rand propose some defense cuts, as well.