PDA

View Full Version : Radio talk show hosts going back into libertarian mode now that it does not matter

Elwar
11-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Do not be swayed, it happened in 2008. All of the "conservative" talk show hosts will now start talking like libertarians, acting like they liked Ron Paul all along.

They will do this to gain support of a large listening audience, and to draw in the liberty wing of the Republican party.

Only to use their influence to turn things around when they count during election time.

Hannity went from being a libertarian to attacking Ron Paul during the primary. Same with Glenn Beck, Limbaugh, etc...

I caught a small bit of Hannity last night as he talked up Ron Paul's speech. He is going back into libertarian mode.

They will all do the same. They are all the same. And they work for the same people.

JK/SEA
11-16-2012, 12:59 PM
think FOX will bring back Freedom Watch now?....lol

Lucille
11-16-2012, 01:10 PM
think FOX will bring back Freedom Watch now?....lol

We can hope! Maybe we should bug them to do that.

satchelmcqueen
11-16-2012, 08:58 PM
yep the heat is on to now twist rons people toward the establishment. dont fall for it. its like the take over of the teaparty WE STARTED!!!!! all over again. fuckers!

phill4paul
11-16-2012, 09:13 PM
I heard Rush and Beck take excerpts from his farewell address. I think we know the game they are playing. Rarely do we hear someone express the sentiment "I think they are coming around." Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice...we won't be fooled again.

GunnyFreedom
11-16-2012, 09:32 PM
yep the heat is on to now twist rons people toward the establishment. dont fall for it. its like the take over of the teaparty WE STARTED!!!!! all over again. fuckers!

To be fair, the reasons the Tea Parties were so easily co-opted, was because our people abandoned them in droves the instant they 'weren't pure enough,' which left them open to all kinds of ridiculous Orwellian programming. Here in NC where we intensely stressed that we needed to stay engaged with the Tea Parties, pretty much everything but the Astro-Teas are coming our way as hard as a freight train at full steam.

A separate point on the topic of hyper puritans,

All we need to put the nail in the coffin of the liberty movement today, is to give encouragement and support for the Libertarian Inquisition to continue. If we are going to do this thing again in 2013 where we stretch out our biggest allies on the rack and torture them until they confess to having listened to John Keynes once, then I'm going to be more productive going back to digging bunkers in my back yard.

So we should probably decide now if we are just going to lose our minds and accuse everyone we don't like of not being libertarian enough, or if we plan to join or die. I have put off 4 years worth of prepper work for this stuff, and now we are right on top of this collapse. It would be nice to know if we were serious this time, because if not I'll just go get ready for the PAW, but if so, I'll fight to the very end. It makes a difference.

TCE
11-16-2012, 10:29 PM
The Judge, true to form, now appears to be on Fox News more. I have seen him more than I have in a while.

To Gunny's point: There is a difference between uncovering the Jaynee Germond's, a.k.a., fake liberty-loving candidates, and having them be 100% with us on everything. In most states, there is a fine line to walk between us and the general voting population.

porchdog
11-16-2012, 11:01 PM
The tea party abandoned me, and then kicked me out of one of their websites for advocating Ron Paul, at that time I ceased financial support, which was fine with me since Ron Paul needed more money. The liberal agenda stretches throughout talk radio no matter what they sound like, fox, limbaugh, all fake... the liberty movement has no voice but Ron Paul.

satchelmcqueen
11-16-2012, 11:41 PM
i recentl;y moved to rome ga due to work loss in land surveying in very north ga for a better job. there is a station here (104.9) which the hosts claim to be libertarian. for the 2 months leading up to the election, both hosts bashed romney and obama for being "the same", yet no mention of ron paul or gary johnson or any option. i found that strange. about a week before the election, the host basically does a 180 and tells us that romney is our only choice to correct this country.

then after the election is over he bashes the ron paul and johnson voters for "being stupid and wasting our votes on someone who doesnt stand a chance."

typical. ......

LibertyEagle
11-16-2012, 11:42 PM
We can hope! Maybe we should bug them to do that.

The sad truth is that there weren't enough viewers. That fact was even brought up here, when there was concern that it might be cancelled if the viewership didn't go up. Very few seemed to care. Said they didn't like it. Later, it was cancelled and everyone acted like something evil had been done. It's too bad that few seemed to care when there was a chance to do something about it..

TCE
11-16-2012, 11:43 PM
One thing we can say, at least the neocons and other phony conservatives are consistent. They're always against liberty, they just pretend they're not for a year following every election. Their consistency is worth something.

american.swan
11-17-2012, 01:07 AM
This consistency is farcical. The core of us from 2008 know the routine inside and out. We could do their programming schedule for them.

Someone should make a YouTube video compilation showing this and then we need to predict the next cycle of rhetoric down to the week and month of the changes.

TruckinMike
11-17-2012, 05:30 AM
This consistency is farcical. The core of us from 2008 know the routine inside and out. We could do their programming schedule for them.

Someone should make a YouTube video compilation showing this and then we need to predict the next cycle of rhetoric down to the week and month of the changes.

Here is a prediction...more of the same.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1160/radiomafia2.jpg

klamath
11-17-2012, 11:14 AM
People stress way too much about this wishy washy attempted manipulation by neoconservative talk radio. They are offering RP ideas and people a stepping stone in order to mantain power. Sure they intend to jerk the stepping stone away before any RPs ideas get power. It is a game they are slowly losing though but they are despert. In the great tea party wave a lot of neoconservates rode in on it as well as RP's people however as it goes out RP's people are the ones left on the beach. Each election wave a few more RP like people are elected. The beach is slowly changing form. Amish was a very big indicator that RP's people have holding power.
Quit getting bent out of shape over their motives, play the game, the ball is slowly moving RP,s direction. The libertarian republican ideas they are preaching are converting voters that they are not able to snatch back. Sure, some they are able to pull back and forth but an ever increasing number of voters cannot be pulled back to neoconservatism.

FSP-Rebel
11-17-2012, 12:38 PM
To be fair, the reasons the Tea Parties were so easily co-opted, was because our people abandoned them in droves the instant they 'weren't pure enough,' which left them open to all kinds of ridiculous Orwellian programming. Here in NC where we intensely stressed that we needed to stay engaged with the Tea Parties, pretty much everything but the Astro-Teas are coming our way as hard as a freight train at full steam.

A separate point on the topic of hyper puritans,

All we need to put the nail in the coffin of the liberty movement today, is to give encouragement and support for the Libertarian Inquisition to continue. If we are going to do this thing again in 2013 where we stretch out our biggest allies on the rack and torture them until they confess to having listened to John Keynes once, then I'm going to be more productive going back to digging bunkers in my back yard.

Wish I could give residual +reps to this post. It sure seems like a lot of LPers/DPers are keen on picking off potential GOP/RLC RPer activist/delegates by constantly deriding Rand for the bs endorsement and crying wolf over what happened at the RNC as if there is no future in restoring the GOP. We've already increased our shareholders in the party by god knows how much, and yet, in the face of progress we're supposed to peace out. Same goes for these Tea Party groups where these impressionable conservatives are ripe for the learn'n. These conservatives tend to be really appalled and shocked at the way things are falling apart unlike us, who've been around the block more than a few times and know what's up. These same people usually listen to the talk hosts we're not big fans of and are looking for action to take. We're the seasoned campaigners and should be, quite frankly, exploiting these noobs and molding as many of them as we can into our cause for liberty. And, if these talk hosts are going back into libertarian mode, that makes our jobs even easier.

The fact is, Rand is obviously working the room (so to speak) for something quite big coming up and Ron is likely up to his own pursuits to bolster that. It's our job as foot soldiers to snag these Santorum/Gingrich/Bachmann/Cain/insert name here conservatives and assimilate them into our wings and it won't be hard with Rand as the mouthpiece.

TruckinMike
11-18-2012, 08:51 AM
....., if these talk hosts are going back into libertarian mode, that makes our jobs even easier...

YES on one hand, NO on the other. When a person says something that you agree with, or can logically follow in agreement. (No matter how insignificant) OVER and OVER and OVER they gain your trust (a Con-Man's M.O.). This IS the problem with (establishment) conservative talk radio - Rush et.al..

The people are conditioned to trust them via months and months of conditioning. This is the problem because in four more years the faux conservative radio hosts will all of a sudden change tunes and starting singing for a known collectivist big spending go along to get along FALSE conservative. Once TRUST is established - their minds are turned OFF and are awaiting commands from on high. (IE-Romney)

As a result of this --> Undermining that group of radio thugs is our only hope(ok, maybe not our only hope:)) -- They hold the minds of our freedom wanting brethren in the palms of their radio hands. Like clay to the potter they mold the minds of these well meaning conservative voters.

My experiences with solid conservative/FIRE BREATHING/founding father quoting truck drivers PROVES what I say to be absolute fact. They have complete trust in Rush, Levine, Hannity, Beck and others. They would drive their trucks off a cliff if asked. Yes, its that bad.

Note: Truckers are a good case to study because all they do everyday is listen to conservative talk radio. a CAPTURED AUDIENCE. The only ones that I've met that think clearly are Mike Church listeners(I have only met two of them). They seem to have a much better understanding of whats actually happening. No shock there.

TMike

Confederate
11-18-2012, 08:59 AM
To be fair, the reasons the Tea Parties were so easily co-opted, was because our people abandoned them in droves the instant they 'weren't pure enough,'

Sounds just like this forum and Rand.

GunnyFreedom
11-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Sounds just like this forum and Rand.

Yes, libertarianism is something like a religion, where someone who is 99% like me is somehow worse than someone who is only 10% like me, and so the 99% guy is somehow deserving of our hatred outrage and scorn while the 10% guy is just "meh, business as usual." That's one reason why while in 2000-2006 I had pretty much decided I was 'libertarian,' but after seeing what exactly that meant from 2007 to now, I avoid the monkier like the plague. I am not a libertarian, I am a Constitutionalist in action and a voluntaryist by philosophy. The libertarians are worse than the inquisition. They get caught up in this big game of pride "I am more pure than you" such that anybody seen as less pure (even if it's only by perception) is to be hated and even campaigned AGAINST (I have already seen several Paulers claiming they will devote their lives to campaigning against Rand) even if the next guy is a Lindsay Graham or a John McCain. While the base philosophy is sound, too many of the adherents are wholly irrational, which is probably why 'libertarian' has sadly become a byword in American politics today.

GunnyFreedom
11-18-2012, 03:15 PM
YES on one hand, NO on the other. When a person says something that you agree with, or can logically follow in agreement. (No matter how insignificant) OVER and OVER and OVER they gain your trust (a Con-Man's M.O.). This IS the problem with (establishment) conservative talk radio - Rush et.al..

The people are conditioned to trust them via months and months of conditioning. This is the problem because in four more years the faux conservative radio hosts will all of a sudden change tunes and starting singing for a known collectivist big spending go along to get along FALSE conservative. Once TRUST is established - their minds are turned OFF and are awaiting commands from on high. (IE-Romney)

As a result of this --> Undermining that group of radio thugs is our only hope(ok, maybe not our only hope:)) -- They hold the minds of our freedom wanting brethren in the palms of their radio hands. Like clay to the potter they mold the minds of these well meaning conservative voters.

My experiences with solid conservative/FIRE BREATHING/founding father quoting truck drivers PROVES what I say to be absolute fact. They have complete trust in Rush, Levine, Hannity, Beck and others. They would drive their trucks off a cliff if asked. Yes, its that bad.

Note: Truckers are a good case to study because all they do everyday is listen to conservative talk radio. a CAPTURED AUDIENCE. The only ones that I've met that think clearly are Mike Church listeners(I have only met two of them). They seem to have a much better understanding of whats actually happening. No shock there.

TMike

Sounds to me like a radio ad campaign during their shows about people "heaping to themselves teachers who tickle their ears" but steer them away from the essential truth could be pretty effective in those time slots.

July
11-18-2012, 04:11 PM

TMike

I say let them have plenty of rope to hang themselves with, then. When they suddenly go very over the top like that, laughing at or dismissing an idea that they used to champion, it becomes obvious to a certain number of listeners. It's an effective strategy, but eventually has diminishing returns, the more they overplay their hand. Just look at how the MSM networks have fallen from grace in recent years.

PreDeadMan
11-18-2012, 04:15 PM
I think we should all call up and expose him and tell him that so people can wake up.. some of his viewers.