PDA

View Full Version : And Here We Are

Mr.NoSmile
11-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Hello, folks,

So finally decided to join after mostly browsing here and the DailyPaul for sometime. I hail from the good old land of DC, heart of politics and whatnot.

Ironically, my exposure to Paul himself came courtesy of Stormfront. Yes, ,the white nationalist board, if only because his name kept popping up there during the 2008 election. So I did some looking around after 08, saw some speeches and, if anything, grew to appreciate the man's consistency. In light of the recent election and spending many a day watching live streams and updates of state, county and the National convention, you see how much the GOP of old is doing anything it can to retain its power without realizing that it's the people coming after them that will soon have control. It's really a sign of how resistant folks can be to change, even when you, by all means, should be receptive to it.

Whether it's the lack of focus on him or his ability to attract younger crowds that Romney wished he could do, I would agree that the media downplayed Paul as much as they could. I do believe, as many people probably do, that the key to winning further ground for 2016 is the message. As overplayed as this may be, to quote the Joker in The Dark Knight, it's about sending a message. If people still use terms like Paulbots or Paultards or Paulites or The Ron Paul Problem, the best strategy, I think, is to subtlety point out where the GOP has gone wrong, particularly with alienating anyone that is not a white male or female, and how it can reform. Mentioning Ron Paul right off the bat would be an instant red flag because some may still see him as this fringe candidate that the media has painted him as.

I guess what I enjoy about Ron Paul is that he's one of the few recent Congressmen with any sort of passion for telling the truth and doing what's right. He's got a consistent message and people receptive to it are listening. I agree that him speaking at universities is a genius move because it plants the seeds of liberty in the minds of people who want to get involved, provided they aren't roadblocked at every turn by the current GOP structure. Can that be done by 2016? Quite possibly? The smorgasboard of Rand Paul 2016 is evident of people who want to get started now, but a lot would have to be done to change the minds of those already fixated on Marco Rubio- because right now, you know, the GOP is still playing the blame game and trying to go after that minority vote and acting like that's the only issue.

My one concern is this: if the 2012 state conventions at states like Georgia, Washington, the stalling/recounts on Chairman in Maine, Louisiana and so on just show that the influence has to start from within? Even more so than that, how do you ensure that the same Chairmen aren't there to screw you over come 2016 with tactics like liberty slates? Or other attempts at power grabs? Last I checked, folks like Kirby Wilbur are still in positions of power and as recent as last night at the Lane County, OR GOP meeting where a non-Paul minded (based on what I read) won the Chair position. How do you ensure the stunts pulled by the establishment this year doesn't happen again if the same people are in power?

Anyway, I've rambled enough. Glad to finally join.

CaptUSA
11-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Glad to have you, but Stormfront?! Ironic indeed.

Welcome. We understand that each person is attracted to liberty for different reasons, but please expect to be challenged. Don't let it turn you off.

Mr.NoSmile
11-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Glad to have you, but Stormfront?! Ironic indeed.

Welcome. We understand that each person is attracted to liberty for different reasons, but please expect to be challenged. Don't let it turn you off.

Oh no, I'm not actually a member of Stormfront. Heck, I'm a Black guy. I already don't fit the profile for a member, but I did find their take on the election...interesting, to say the least. So yeah, not here to stir any problems.

Origanalist
11-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Oh no, I'm not actually a member of Stormfront. Heck, I'm a Black guy. I already don't fit the profile for a member, but I did find their take on the election...interesting, to say the least. So yeah, not here to stir any problems.

Lol, welcome to the new guy. :p

thoughtomator
11-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Are you in DC proper, or in MD or VA?

Mr.NoSmile
11-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Are you in DC proper, or in MD or VA?

DC proper, not one of those who says "Oh, I'm from DC" and they're somewhere on the outskirts of the city pretty much in MD or VA.

CaptUSA
11-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Oh no, I'm not actually a member of Stormfront. Heck, I'm a Black guy. I already don't fit the profile for a member, but I did find their take on the election...interesting, to say the least. So yeah, not here to stir any problems.I'm sorry, I wasn't profiling you. lol. It's just that that website has some pretty collective points of view. If someone ascribed to those viewpoints, they'd probably find this site antagonistic at first. Now, you've got me wondering the context in which Ron Paul's name kept popping up on that site. In any case, the liberty movement can attract polar opposites in thought as long as people are accepting that other people may think differently. I apologize if I cast any aspersions.

Again, welcome and enjoy!

thoughtomator
11-16-2012, 12:56 PM
DC proper, not one of those who says "Oh, I'm from DC" and they're somewhere on the outskirts of the city pretty much in MD or VA.

Hmm kind of rough to try and join the process as a Republican then, DC basically has no GOP at all to speak of, and even if they did they would never win any offices. As a non-Democrat in DC, there's no possible vote you could ever cast that would make a difference. If you were in Virginia I'd try to recruit you into one of the local GOP committees.

Mr.NoSmile
11-17-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm sorry, I wasn't profiling you. lol. It's just that that website has some pretty collective points of view. If someone ascribed to those viewpoints, they'd probably find this site antagonistic at first. Now, you've got me wondering the context in which Ron Paul's name kept popping up on that site. In any case, the liberty movement can attract polar opposites in thought as long as people are accepting that other people may think differently. I apologize if I cast any aspersions.

Again, welcome and enjoy!

From what I recall, the sentiment there seemed to be that, in their minds, he was a great supporter of States' Rights and, therefore, would be in favor of things such as the repeal of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and they thought he was just a better candidate than Obama or McCain.

GunnyFreedom
11-17-2012, 12:14 PM

Actually, this makes me feel a lot better. I have in the past engaged in some pretty epic rants against stormfronters. Mostly to get it through their thick skulls that Ron Paul is an ardent anticollectivist, which includes racial collectivism (racism), therefore stormfronters can not and will not get what they want from Ron Paul.

Welcome to the forums!

GunnyFreedom
11-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Hmm kind of rough to try and join the process as a Republican then, DC basically has no GOP at all to speak of, and even if they did they would never win any offices. As a non-Democrat in DC, there's no possible vote you could ever cast that would make a difference. If you were in Virginia I'd try to recruit you into one of the local GOP committees.

Does DC not have RNC Committeemen?

If we are ever going to start eroding the DNC stronghold in DC, we have to start with genuine Constitutionalist Frederick Douglass Republicans in DC no?

GunnyFreedom
11-17-2012, 12:33 PM
From what I recall, the sentiment there seemed to be that, in their minds, he was a great supporter of States' Rights and, therefore, would be in favor of things such as the repeal of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and they thought he was just a better candidate than Obama or McCain.

IIRC, Paul only opposes those parts of the 1964 CRA that are unsustainable by the US Constitution, which would have ended segregation in actual public organizations (like schools, State Colleges etc) under Article 4 Section 4 of the US Constitution, but would not have ended it in the private sphere because no US Constitutional authority existed for the Federal Government to do so.

Count me among those who believe that had the CRA64 left private companies alone we'd be better off today, as racists would have been ostracized by society as schools and such integrated, and the resulting full integration would have ended up being a lot less painful, leading to a lot fewer bruised egos.

In other words, Paul thought half of the CRA64 was Ok and necessary, but that the other half of it superseded the authority of the US Constitution, and had we taken that model, I personally believe there would be less racial tension in America today, and we'd be further along to healing the divides in our nation.

Okie RP fan
11-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Welcome.

heavenlyboy34
11-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Welcome to the Looney Bin.

kathy88
11-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Welcome to the Looney Bin.

Pretty astute summation. Welcome.