PDA

View Full Version : Worst "conservative" pundit? Poll

Origanalist
11-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Who do you consider the worst of the worst? I nominate Michael Medved, heres his two latest as examples. But there are countless others.

Gay Marriage Issue Actually Helps GOP

Conventional wisdom argues that opposition to gay marriage hurt Republicans in the recent election cycle, but nothing in the numbers suggests that this is true.

In the four liberal states where advocates for same-sex marriage won their victories, the redefinition of marriage proved much less popular than Barack Obama. In Maryland, for instance, Obama cruised to victory with 62 percent of the vote, but same-sex marriage squeaked by with just 52 percent. In other words, more than one out of six of Obama supporters voted with Republicans, not their fellow Democrats, against same sex marriage.

In Maryland, Maine, Washington and Minnesota, opposition to gay marriage averaged more than 48% but Romney averaged only 41%. In other words, traditional marriage is more popular than the GOP itself – providing a way to win over new votes, not to lose them.
---------------------------

Good News for GOP: The Party of Grownups

Buried within dismal election night tallies, conservatives can find some encouraging numbers. Sixty percent of all American voters were married, and married people chose Romney overwhelmingly, 56 to 42 percent.

Meanwhile, voters in households making more than $50,000 a year – a full 59 percent of the electorate – also went Republican by a big margin of 8 percent. And a full 78 percent of voters identify themselves as Christian—Protestant or Catholic – preferring Mitt Romney by more than 10 percent.

So how did Obama win? By piling up big majorities of the single, the poor, and the twelve percent who say they have no religion – all characteristics primarily of the young. But most people don’t want to stay single, poor and irreligious as they get older, so the GOP remains the party of grownups and the American dream – a dream that’s still overwhelmingly popular.

He day in and day out expounds garbage that I just can't stomach. If you have ever listened to his show you know what I mean.

This is a public poll.

So who drives you batshit crazy? :p

A Son of Liberty
11-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Glenn Beck.

Origanalist
11-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Glenn Beck.

Facepalm...........

Confederate
11-15-2012, 06:49 PM
All of the above?

RonPaulFanInGA
11-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Levin.

Philhelm
11-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Bill Maher, the libertarian...

erowe1
11-15-2012, 06:57 PM
I voted Kristol. But I would also vote for Hannity over the rest of that list.

Origanalist
11-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Bill Maher, the libertarian...
LMAO.

Man I botched this, wish I could edit the poll.....

Shane Harris
11-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Levin, Rush, Hannity. It's hard to narrow it down from there. Beck is pretty bad too, but his relevance has dropped substantially since leaving Fox.

Anti Federalist
11-15-2012, 07:01 PM
I second Levin.

That man is toxic.

rprprs
11-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Hannity's absense from the poll was unfortunate, but I still think you were right to go with Kristol. Hannity and Limbaugh are just too obviously clownish blow-hard buffoons.
But that sinister smugness of Kristol is in a class by itself.

BuddyRey
11-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Bill Kristol and Charles Krauthammer definitely lead the pack, followed by Dick Morris, Billo, and Rush.

Dick Chaney
11-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Tie between Bill O'Reilley and Levin.

AuH20
11-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Rush, in a runaway, because he knows better. It's not even close. Rush could really save the GOP if it was his intent to do so. His clout speaks for himself but...

Origanalist
11-15-2012, 07:40 PM
If there is a mod who is online and not busy please contact me. I would like to modify the poll. :o

UMULAS
11-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Bill o Reilly!

bunklocoempire
11-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Who irks you the most

Whomever I am hearing at the time. If I don't hear 99.999-100% truth I become 'irked'.

VoluntaryAmerican
11-15-2012, 07:47 PM
I voted Bill Kristol, but Mark Levin is debateable close 2nd.

erowe1
11-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Does O'Reilly really count as conservative?

Origanalist
11-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Does O'Reilly really count as conservative?

Do any of them?

Origanalist
11-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Bill Kristol is smoking the competition!

youngbuck
11-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Bill o Reilly! He's who first came to my mind.

JK/SEA
11-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Mark 'whiney ass' Levin

Glenn Beck in 2nd.

jmdrake
11-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Levin.

Yeah. I'm shocked he didn't make the initial list. And what about Michael Reagan threatening to shoot people? And don't forget Sean "snowballs" Hannity. Or Bill O'Reily.

brandon
11-15-2012, 08:32 PM
I like Coulter. O'reilly is by far the worst though in my opinion.

Origanalist
11-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Unlisted;

O'Reilly - 3 1/2

Levin - 4

Hannity - 1

Beck - 1

Krauthammr - 1

Occam's Banana
11-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Bill Kristol is smoking the competition!

I notice you haven't voted in your own poll. Just what are you hiding from us, hmmmm? :p

Smart3
11-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Coulter, clearly.

fr33
11-15-2012, 09:53 PM
If there is a mod who is online and not busy please contact me. I would like to modify the poll. :oMake a new one. I already voted and realize there are more choices :P

Origanalist
11-15-2012, 10:00 PM
I notice you haven't voted in your own poll. Just what are you hiding from us, hmmmm? :p

I think I made that clear in the OP, Medved makes me nuts. :eek:

Origanalist
11-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Make a new one. I already voted and realize there are more choices :P

I asked if there were any mods willing to let me expand the poll a while back but no dice, and I don't see any on line.

It would have to be done now before it get's out of control....

Kregisen
11-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Bill O'rielly for sure...not even close.

Pisces
11-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Normally, I'd choose Bill Kristol, but Hugh Hewitt is an extremely obnoxious know-it-all and I think he deserves at least one vote.

Origanalist
11-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Normally, I'd choose Bill Kristol, but Hugh Hewitt is an extremely obnoxious know-it-all and I think he deserves at least one vote.

I completely agree.

heavenlyboy34
11-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Although Kristol is a very dangerous and influential pseudo-intellectual, I would say Billy O is the most destructive and thusly the worst because of 1) his popularity and 2) the mis/disinformation he puts out. Listenership for the AM radio jocks isn't what it used to be, but cable news "infotainment" is amazingly popular.

VoluntaryAmerican
11-15-2012, 10:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYdAgLSRarE&feature=related

Odin
11-15-2012, 10:35 PM
It's got to be someone like Krauthammer or Karl Rove.

Sean Hannity urged people to listen to Ron Paul's farewell speech today. His show started when I was driving earlier today, and it was the first thing he said actually which was pretty surprising.

thoughtomator
11-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Kristol was the easy first choice, Levin would have been an easy second choice if the option were offered. Third worst would probably be Hannity.

Cabal
11-15-2012, 11:34 PM
All of the above?

musicmax
11-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Krauthammer because he is sold as being a "serious" individual, not a cartoon entertainer like Beck, Levin, Savage, Limbaugh, Medved, Hannity, BillO, etc.

Kristol and David Frum not far behind. Throw in Douthat and Brooks for being "a liberal's favorite conservatives". At least Will gets off an occasional homerun like his piece this week on Louisiana's funeral home mafia.

UWDude
11-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Coulter irks me the most, but I voted Kristol, because he is the most dangerous.

iamse7en
11-16-2012, 12:26 AM
O'Reilly is definitely UP there. Kristol is evil.

Humanae Libertas
11-16-2012, 01:03 AM
Horrid, every single one of them.

thoughtomator
11-16-2012, 01:05 AM
I guess it's academic which one is the single worst. The key takeaway is that all of the names being mentioned are key players in fucking up the GOP for decades. Note that not one of these names is even relatively new on the scene; they have all been causing trouble for a long time.

Conza88
11-16-2012, 05:40 AM
All of them can EAD.

However, Rand Paul is also missing.

/Go on take the bait.

erowe1
11-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Do any of them?

At least ostensibly. But in O'Reilly's case, isn't his whole schtick that he always positions himself in the middle, with the folks. Didn't he even pretty much support Obama in 2008?

erowe1
11-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Sean Hannity urged people to listen to Ron Paul's farewell speech today. His show started when I was driving earlier today, and it was the first thing he said actually which was pretty surprising.

The thing about Hannity that bothers me is that he's just dumb. Everyone else on the list (I'm not familiar with Hewitt) at least seems to have some semblance of having read and thought about things that provide a basis for their views. Hannity just spouts off whatever he thinks he's supposed to say and can't argue in anything but sound bytes.

tod evans
11-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Never listened to any of them other than on youtube clips here..

So I'm definitely not qualified to vote..:o

Origanalist
11-16-2012, 08:12 AM
Never listened to any of them other than on youtube clips here..

So I'm definitely not qualified to vote..:o

Wise decision.

Origanalist
11-16-2012, 08:14 AM
At least ostensibly. But in O'Reilly's case, isn't his whole schtick that he always positions himself in the middle, with the folks. Didn't he even pretty much support Obama in 2008?

I guess he did, I quite paying any attention to him a long time ago......

thehungarian
11-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Mark Levin for me.

COpatriot
11-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Levin should be up there. Guy's voice is like nails on a chalkboard and he's a rude, vindictive piece of shit. But Glenn Beck is the worst. Sleazy, lying, backstabbing charlatan.

GunnyFreedom
11-16-2012, 10:52 AM
I second Levin.

That man is toxic.

+1 - and noxious.

erowe1
11-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Levin should be up there. Guy's voice is like nails on a chalkboard and he's a rude, vindictive piece of shit. But Glenn Beck is the worst. Sleazy, lying, backstabbing charlatan.

And speaking of voices, yeah, Levin's is horrible, but at least it's outside of his control. Beck and his crew go out of their way to do these crazy voices all the time. I don't see how they could not be getting constant emails from people who want to listen just begging them to stop it.

trey4sports
11-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Epic fail on poll choices.

Origanalist
11-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Epic fail on poll choices.

Yes

CaptUSA
11-16-2012, 11:31 AM
+ rep to all who said Levin.

Not only is he evil, but for some reason, all the rest on that list seem to praise and follow him. I don't really get it, but as soon as that POS takes a position on some detail, they all jump on it. He's like the evil pied-piper.

itshappening
11-16-2012, 11:34 AM
The bloviating Bill O'Reilly is the worst of the worst.

Not only does he have the highest rated show on cable news he sells millions of books too and is a big government "tough guy" so called conservative.

This is the formula most of them use because O'Reilly has been so successful with it.

His only concession to us is that he has Stossel on his show once a week for an intelligent discussion where he's usually on the losing end.

I voted for Rush Limbaugh though. Bush cheerleader-in-chief and someone who completely ignored Ron Paul and doesn't conceed anything to libertarians and real conservatives. He wants war, empire, taxes, deficits and everything else and if a Republican was in the WHITEHOUSE he'd be cheering them on.

randomname
11-16-2012, 11:51 AM
bill o'reilly

Origanalist
11-16-2012, 12:18 PM
http://media.townhall.com/townhall/townhallvideothumbs/hb/screen-shot-2012-11-14-at-12.21.59-pm.png

Origanalist
11-16-2012, 12:20 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4807207344146142&pid=15.1&W=160&H=106

Origanalist
11-16-2012, 12:21 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4606267335508780&pid=15.1&W=134&H=160

Origanalist
11-16-2012, 12:24 PM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4641138158076263&pid=15.1&W=160&H=147

Origanalist
11-16-2012, 12:25 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4889030784255377&pid=15.1&W=106&H=160

sam1952
11-16-2012, 12:27 PM
I just absolutely hate Dick Morris, I can't stand the way he looks, has a whinny speaking voice, all he does is promote himself and he's just an all around douche-bag. Sean Hannity is a close second or maybe even equal. Actually, all of the above too. Special mention to Karl Rove, Levin, Beck, Jim Quinn, damn, the list goes on and on...............

tod evans
11-16-2012, 12:27 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4889030784255377&pid=15.1&W=106&H=160

She needs a spanking..;)

UWDude
11-16-2012, 02:26 PM
She needs a spanking..;)

You like surprise summer sausages, do you?

Barrex
11-16-2012, 02:34 PM
lol:

Other, please tell us who

21 24.42%

Anti Federalist (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?3169-Anti-Federalist)
brandon (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?3357-brandon)
Cabal (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?33669-Cabal)

Origanalist
11-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Secession and Other Fantasies
Michael Medved
Nov 21, 2012Click if you like this column! Sign-Up A version of this column appeared originally in THE DAILY BEAST.

Some fringe conservatives seem perversely determined to turn a stinging electoral defeat into an epic, sweeping disaster. That’s the deeper meaning of current talk about impeachment, secession, third parties, civil disobedience, and onrushing apocalypse.

The Conservative Majority Fund has announced a new robocall campaign to build support for impeaching President Obama over mishandling of the affair in Benghazi, Libya, and alleged malfeasance on a host of other issues. Meanwhile, petitions demanding the secession of Texas, Alabama, and at least a half dozen other states have already gathered tens of thousands of signatures, while perennial presidential candidate Alan Keyes describes the right to secede as God-given and inviolate.

Radio host and conspiracy-monger Alex Jones also has committed himself to mobilizing national backing for the secession movement, while retiring Congressman Ron Paul (another perennial presidential contender) identifies today’s secessionists not with the doomed Confederates who precipitated the bloodiest war in the nation’s history, but with the heroic Founding Fathers of the revolutionary generation. After all, Paul plaintively insists, the War for Independence affirmed the right to secession, since they “were seceding from Great Britain.” Of course this analogy ignores the fact that the revolutionary struggle began as a demand for a parliamentary voice (“No taxation without representation”) and only belatedly and with reluctance among the Americans became a fight for separation and independence. Today’s conservatives may loathe the prospect of more taxation, but they can hardly complain about a lack of representation: legislators from Texas, Alabama, and other deep red states play prominent roles in both the House and the Senate. Moreover, in 1776, the daunting distance between London and the American colonies provided practical, persuasive arguments for independence, while the distance between Washington and would-be secessionist states not only is less substantial geographically, but utterly meaningless in an era of instant communication and a global economy.

Nobody expects secession or impeachment initiatives to gain serious traction among even the most adamant and unyielding conservatives, but they do reflect a widespread sense that true believers can’t simply return to GOP politics as usual.

Some disillusioned rightists look with admiration at the candidacy of former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson, who doubled the national vote total for the Libertarian Party. This achievement, however, still yielded less than 1 percent of the national electorate, and no state proved close enough that Johnson’s meager votes, added to Romney’s, could have tipped the result away from Obama. Even more important, the total vote for the leading five fringe-party candidates remained virtually identical to the results in 2008, suggesting that Johnson took votes from the fading Constitution Party or even from the weary Green Party (many of whose members liked Johnson’s pitch for legalized pot) rather than drawing support from Republicans or Democrats.

Frustrated conservatives should remember three salient points as they flirt with notions of abandoning the Grand Old Party for some grand new political movement or extrapolitical revolutionary goal.

First, it’s always easier to capture an existing party than to build some fresh endeavor from scratch. Goldwater conservatives proved that in 1964, as did Reaganites in 1980—not to mention McGovern Democrats in 1972. Successful Tea Party insurgents (such as Sens. Rand Paul and Marco Rubio, along with Senator-elect Ted Cruz) all worked within the established party structure, not outside it.

Second, it’s impossible to save a party—or a country—by leaving it. Secession from the U.S.A. would deny the citizens of the departed state any meaningful influence on the fate of the nation they’ve abandoned, just as an exit from the Republican Party would make the exiles instantly irrelevant.

Third, and most important, the conservative movement has always emphasized the need for a stronger, more powerful America as a benefit to the world at large and to the citizens of the republic. That goal is incompatible with the breakup of the union, obviously, or even with the collapse of the two-party system in favor of political fragmentation. Deeper divisions and disruptions in the social and political fabric would inevitably produce a weaker, more vulnerable nation with less chance for consensus and cooperation on principles or policies.

Current conversation about redefining conservatism is unquestionably healthy, with a necessary emphasis on new outreach to Latinos, Asians, blacks, gays, single women, and other deeply disaffected groups. No future GOP presidential candidate can count on replicating Mitt Romney’s achievement of winning white voters by a crushing margin of 20 percent (as exit polls indicated); so conservative rethinking, retooling, and repackaging have become urgent and important. But searching for productive new directions shouldn’t involve desertion from reality-based Republicanism to indulge foolish fantasies of sweeping systemic change.

erowe1
11-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Second, it’s impossible to save a party—or a country—by leaving it. Secession from the U.S.A. would deny the citizens of the departed state any meaningful influence on the fate of the nation they’ve abandoned, just as an exit from the Republican Party would make the exiles instantly irrelevant.

Third, and most important, the conservative movement has always emphasized the need for a stronger, more powerful America as a benefit to the world at large and to the citizens of the republic. That goal is incompatible with the breakup of the union, obviously, or even with the collapse of the two-party system in favor of political fragmentation. Deeper divisions and disruptions in the social and political fabric would inevitably produce a weaker, more vulnerable nation with less chance for consensus and cooperation on principles or policies.

You can identify statists by when they use words like "nation" and "America" and they clearly mean by those terms the federal government itself, rather than the people who are subjected to it.

Origanalist
11-21-2012, 10:55 AM
You can identify statists by when they use words like "nation" and "America" and they clearly mean by those terms the federal government itself, rather than the people who are subjected to it.

Medved pretty much defines the term.

A Son of Liberty
11-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Medved to folks talking about getting off of the Titanic:

"You'll surely die in those little boats."

IPSecure
11-21-2012, 11:25 AM
www.thebarryagency.com/Christian/talent/michael_medved_bio.htm (http://www.thebarryagency.com/Christian/talent/michael_medved_bio.htm)

- A Fargin movie critic
- Classmates at Yale: Bill & Hillary
- He covers all bases... Both a Christian, and an Orthodox, may explain why he is so conflicted...

http://www.thebarryagency.com/talent/images/Michael_Medved_baseball_web.jpg vs http://c3244172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ron-paul-baseball.jpg

compromise
11-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Kristol is the worst.

Coulter - It seems like she mainly just wants attention. She doesn't seem like a particularly nice or tolerant person, but I wouldn't say she's the worst. She has been positive about Ron Paul a few times.
Beck - He is a big flip-flopper. I used to like him when he was one of the few conservatives that opposed Bush and when he used to work with Napolitano. Since then he's sort of changed. His attitude towards Ron Paul is strange, one day he calls Dr. Paul the closest thing to a founding father, the next he's attacking Ron about pork and having one of his co-hosts call Ron a "game player". He hasn't really been directly insulting towards Ron though. I don't fully get Glenn Beck. He really likes Rand though, which is a good thing, I guess.
O' Reilly - Complete idiot, absolute enemy of liberty and fake conservative.
Levin - Used to be pretty bad, especially towards Ron, but I heard he has a different view on Rand, I'm undecided on him.
Limbaugh - Limbaugh is very nasty towards Ron Paul, accusing him of working for Romney.
Savage - Seems to be alright at times, but has been rude to Ron Paul in the past. He has Ron on his show sometimes, but only when Ron agrees with him. He likes Rand though.
Kristol - The founding father of neoconservatism is probably the worst on this list.
Ingraham - Not often rude to Ron Paul, but definitely very opposed to him. She sometimes has Ron Paul on her show. She is one of the better ones on this list, but not by much.
Medved - A huge Ron Paul basher and one of the worse ones.
Hewitt - Openly moderate and pretty bad.
Boortz - Not as harsh on Paul as some of the others and is right some of time. Far from ideal though.
Cupp - Very anti-Ron Paul, but not insulting as some of the others, seemed more positive towards GJ back when he was a Republican.

The best are Schiff, Napolitano and Doyle.

XTreat
11-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Dick Morris.

libertygrl
11-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Agree. I was more inspired to vote for Kristol because he's a Zionist, and his father was considered the "Godfather" of the neo-con movement. Nothing's is worse to me, than war mongers and people pushing authoritarianism.

Badger Paul
11-22-2012, 07:04 AM
Krauthammer is the Dr. Strangelove of the neocons.

carclinic
11-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Hate all of them, Alex Jones is ok

paulbot24
11-22-2012, 07:28 AM
O'Reilley. I keep waiting for the hinge on the back of his chair to break when he leans back with that pompous smug look on his face.

asurfaholic
11-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Rush, in a runaway, because he knows better. It's not even close. Rush could really save the GOP if it was his intent to do so. His clout speaks for himself but...

This. And he holds so much potential to actually be a force of good, yet goes establishment nutso when it counts.

paulbot24
11-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Yes indeed, Rush certainly has the audience to be a force. Then he says crap like Obama is a "safer" President for America than Ron Paul and he makes my brain ache with his loud imbecilic inadequacy.Grrrrrrrrrr.:D

carclinic
11-22-2012, 08:54 AM
O'Reilley. I keep waiting for the hinge on the back of his chair to break when he leans back with that pompous smug look on his face.
O'Reilly fucking sucks. He's pro taxes, anti-death penalty, pro-Clintonian foreign policy. The only thing he's conservative about is "the war on xmas."