PDA

View Full Version : Limbaugh on Paul Farewell Speech

GeorgiaAvenger
11-15-2012, 04:55 PM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/11/15/ron_paul_on_selling_freedom

Spread this to Republican friends.

Yes, Ron Paul is not running anymore, but his ideas are.

angelatc
11-15-2012, 05:16 PM
I don't think Ron Paul meant his speech as an attack on the left. :D

jay_dub
11-15-2012, 05:16 PM

Though Limbaugh is contorting Dr. Paul's meaning, it's nice to see that the road to salvation for the GOP runs through Ron Paul.

And, you know if they keep quoting him, it just gives him more opportunity to correct them on their slanted interpretations.

itshappening
11-15-2012, 05:18 PM
why would you send Limbaugh to anyone ??

Origanalist
11-15-2012, 05:19 PM

:) + rep

AGRP
11-15-2012, 05:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_K7a8RDzvg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnEENhNNVPg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAPIKcuBn5U

Travlyr
11-15-2012, 05:21 PM

I don't have any idea why anyone listens to Limbaugh anymore. He is the Misinformation Propagandist in Chief.

Paulistinian
11-15-2012, 05:27 PM
My father called me up today to tell me Limbaugh played portions of Rons farewell speech on his program today... Apparently Limbaugh was in strong agreement with Dr. Ron... What do you guys think?

anaconda
11-15-2012, 05:28 PM
The libertarian talking points that these American statist tyrants and their apologists use are in the same manner of contradiction to their actions as Rand recently quoted at the very beginning of his Orwellian video.

sailingaway
11-15-2012, 05:29 PM
actually I think there are now three threads on this, because here is another and it is not the one I was thinking of: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?395839-Limbaugh-on-Paul-Farewell-Speech

but it is in a different forum.

here is the other I will merge this one with: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?395839-Limbaugh-on-Paul-Farewell-Speech

sailingaway
11-15-2012, 05:30 PM
We have at least 3 threads on this...

UWDude

Let me guess, without listeningot it:

Rush Limbaugh gives lots of praise to Ron Paul for being a champion of conservatism, yes?

Of course, now that Ron Paul is retired, Rush is going to try and claim he's always loved Ron, and is a champion of Ron's values, which he then defines himself.

Lucille
I know a lot of you think we're listening to kookville here

Kookville, eh? Why would they ever think that? Maybe because all you and your neo-Trot talking heads have done is lie about this man, and call him names?

We are not looked at as people who believe in freedom. They see us as thwarting their freedom. Figure that. Now, there's a reason why. I know the answer. That is because on our side, along with freedom, there are natural limits to it that we call morality. And that's what the other side doesn't want any part of. You start talking about morality, that's judgmental. That's not freedom. If you start implementing morality, they say you're imposing your moral views on everybody, when all we think we're doing is continuing traditions and institutions which have been shown to maintain the freest, most productive, conducive, peaceful society the world has known.
[...]
Morality is a key element. Don't talk to them about that. Morality, it's old-fashioned, it's none of your business. I mean, when Romney goes around and talks about limiting regulations on entrepreneurs, it's the essence of the liberty agenda, it's the essence of an economic free agenda. But culturally, freedom in pop culture means no obstacles on the road to what we call depravity and decadence.

The GOP is still seen as the party of corporate welfare (even though they both are). Romney defended the Bankster Bailouts. That is not an "economic freedom agenda." It's fascism.

Also, he should have read Doherty first:

Ron Paul's Vision of a Virtuous and Moral People: Not Sexual Behavior, But Attitudes Toward Force and Violence
http://reason.com/blog/2012/11/15/ro...uous-and-moral
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?395822-Ron-Paul-s-Vision-of-a-Virtuous-and-Moral-People-Not-Sexual-Behavior-But-Attitudes-Towar

GeorgiaAvenger
11-15-2012, 05:31 PM
I don't have any idea why anyone listens to Limbaugh anymore. He is the Misinformation Propagandist in Chief.My mom does and told me she heard this so I googled it. Normally I don't listen.

If I listen to radio it's usually to Boortz because he is entertaining. Sometimes Savage but he is in the evenings. Rush and Hannity get really old.

anaconda
11-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Rush is a vile obfuscating corporatist puppet.

dinosaur
11-15-2012, 05:36 PM

Rush Limbaugh gives lots of praise to Ron Paul for being a champion of conservatism, yes?

Of course, now that Ron Paul is retried, Rush is going to try and claim he's always loved Ron, and is a champion of Ron;s values, which he then defines himself.

Yeah, I wondered why Limbaugh would do this and you might be spot on. They want to be in control of defining what the RP revolution really is I guess. Kind of like how they claim Reagan.

Travlyr
11-15-2012, 05:37 PM
My mom does and told me she heard this so I googled it. Normally I don't listen.

If I listen to radio it's usually to Boortz because he is entertaining. Sometimes Savage but he is in the evenings. Rush and Hannity get really old.

I have friends that still listen to him too. I try and convince them not to. His listeners are so misinformed. But to each their own I suppose. I used to like Savage from time to time and Boortz too, but I've given up on all Clear Channel radio anymore.

phill4paul
11-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Hey Rush, I gotta Ron Paul quote for you since you like twisting things....

"We shouldn't expect us to try to change morality. You can't teach people how to be moral."

Lucille
11-15-2012, 05:47 PM

"We shouldn't expect us to try to change morality. You can't teach people how to be moral."

Also,

"A society that boos or ridicules the Golden Rule is not a moral society."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGpXHYtkOS8

jay_dub
11-15-2012, 05:48 PM

I'm happy to see Rush hanging himself with a Ron Paul rope. Ron will likely let him and others jabber for a while, then step in with a truth bomb on what he REALLY meant.

Occam's Banana
11-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Ron Paul's Vision of a Virtuous and Moral People: Not Sexual Behavior, But Attitudes Toward Force and Violence
http://reason.com/blog/2012/11/15/ro...uous-and-moral
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?395822-Ron-Paul-s-Vision-of-a-Virtuous-and-Moral-People-Not-Sexual-Behavior-But-Attitudes-Towar

First link doesn't work. Here's a good one: http://reason.com/blog/2012/11/15/ron-pauls-vision-of-a-virtuous-and-moral

amy31416
11-15-2012, 06:01 PM
What a big fat idiot.

heavenlyboy34
11-15-2012, 06:31 PM
What a big fat idiot.Win. :)

Anti Federalist
11-15-2012, 06:38 PM
My father called me up today to tell me Limbaugh played portions of Rons farewell speech on his program today... Apparently Limbaugh was in strong agreement with Dr. Ron... What do you guys think?

I think Limbaugh is fat, phony fraud, that pays lip service to freedom and liberty only when it doesn't make a difference anymore.

Half a billion dollars buys a pretty reliable mouthpiece.

July
11-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Brian Doherty got the nuance right, on what Ron meant about morality and virtue. Rush seems to be tying it to the social issues, which is not quite the intended message, IMO. Though I imagine that would be the initial assumption of many listeners anyway.

Still, doesn't hurt for Rush's audience to get to hear the clips, etc. Maybe a few will be moved to listen to the rest.

AuH20
11-15-2012, 06:41 PM
I don't think Ron Paul meant his speech as an attack on the left. :D

But the establishment left is the dominant animal in this country and has been for 100 years. You have to view Ron's speech from that lens as opposed to a political criticism. For example, FDR inexplicably won 4 terms during a horrible economic environment while shredding the Constitution in the process. Republicans, being the corruptible agents that they are, simply follow the democrats' leads. That's unfortunately why the goalposts are skewed so far left. Republicans aren't allowed to speak badly of New Deal programs today in the contemporary political environment nor the criminal nature of the progressive tax system.

Ron's speech, due to it's anti-establishment meme, intersects perfectly as an assault of the left, because they have run things from top to bottom. I don't think Ron wrote his speech to bash the left per se but they are our masters unfortunately, so ultimately that tone will resonate as much.

Okie RP fan
11-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Also,

"A society that boos or ridicules the Golden Rule is not a moral society."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGpXHYtkOS8

I used to become so enraged from the moment I witnessed that on television, to every time I re-watch it. Up until now.

Now, I smile. When I hear those boos, yes, it's sad, but, I don't pity Ron anymore. He stood there and took it like a man and did not waver. I enjoy watching it now because I realize how firm he was in his belief. He knew the truth. And it is pathetic that we have people booing a timeless principle such as the golden rule. Pulled right from the bible in front of what I will assume were a bunch of Christians...

whoisjohngalt
11-15-2012, 06:55 PM
What is more likely to happen?

Ron Paul supporter listens to Rush and becomes a Rush fan or Rush fan listens to Ron Paul and becomes a Ron Paul fan?

Okie RP fan
11-15-2012, 06:56 PM

Ron Paul supporter listens to Rush and becomes a Rush fan or Rush fan listens to Ron Paul and becomes a Ron Paul fan?

Neither? :p

anaconda
11-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Rush's whole commentary was an obvious attempt to twist Ron Paul's speech into a left-right paradigm reinforcing tool.

osan
11-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Though Limbaugh is contorting Dr. Paul's meaning, it's nice to see that the road to salvation for the GOP runs through Ron Paul.

And, you know if they keep quoting him, it just gives him more opportunity to correct them on their slanted interpretations.

This is one reason we are doomed. Save the GOP? Are you serious?

The conventional means of politicking got us to this pass. How, pray tell, do you expect it to get us out?

Are you not familiar with the proverbial definition of "insanity"?

Jesus tapdancing across the sea... now my head hurts.

Sola_Fide
11-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Rush's whole commentary was an obvious attempt to twist Ron Paul's speech into a left-right paradigm reinforcing tool.

Yeah. He said it "hit the nail right on the head" for him, but he didn't even understand what Ron was saying.

Mordan
11-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Rush is co-opting to control the Ron Paul thing... it is so blatant. Media anchors and pundit exist to control the minds of citizens.

Anti Federalist
11-15-2012, 07:08 PM
I used to become so enraged from the moment I witnessed that on television, to every time I re-watch it. Up until now.

Now, I smile. When I hear those boos, yes, it's sad, but, I don't pity Ron anymore. He stood there and took it like a man and did not waver. I enjoy watching it now because I realize how firm he was in his belief. He knew the truth. And it is pathetic that we have people booing a timeless principle such as the golden rule. Pulled right from the bible in front of what I will assume were a bunch of Christians...

If Christ were to return today, these same "Christians" would be the first to drag him off and nail him to a cross, just like the "authorities" 2000 years ago did.

jay_dub
11-15-2012, 07:09 PM
This is one reason we are doomed. Save the GOP? Are you serious?

The conventional means of politicking got us to this pass. How, pray tell, do you expect it to get us out?

Are you not familiar with the proverbial definition of "insanity"?

Jesus tapdancing across the sea... now my head hurts.

So there won't be a GOP soon?

Thanks for the heads-up. Guess we can forget about running Rand Paul in 2016.

Wake me up when the revolution starts.

Seriously, I could explain it, but I don't think it would penetrate your absolutist bubble.

jay_dub
11-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Rush is co-opting to control the Ron Paul thing... it is so blatant. Media anchors and pundit exist to control the minds of citizens.

That's obvious....but Ron ain't dead yet, so he can (and will) still speak for himself.

Occam's Banana
11-15-2012, 07:20 PM

I was extemely confused by this at first. :confused:

Until I remembered the thread topic ...

"Oh, he means Rush *Limbaugh* !!" :o

Lucille
11-15-2012, 07:23 PM

Like a BOSS.

"I mean, most people thought it was kind of a watermark when your Tea Party gang booed the golden rule. ... They just aren't buying any of that do-unto-others garbage."
--James Carville (http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/21/opinion/carville-republican-disaster/index.html)

AuH20
11-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Like H.L. Mencken once said, "Liberty and democracy are eternal enemies, and every one knows it who has ever given any sober reflection to the matter."

NIU Students for Liberty
11-15-2012, 07:31 PM

Don't hate but I'm a Rush fan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWHEcIbhDiw

pacelli
11-15-2012, 07:44 PM
You guys want to listen to some serious pro-liberty radio, 5+ hrs of live commentary a day?

Archives:

http://home.comcast.net/~intelrptadmin/ArchivePage.html

Listen live at:

www.themicroeffect.com

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

Call in numbers for you (yes, even you, not screened):

712-432-0900 ; rm: 757464# ; *6 to unmute / mute your phone

nobody's_hero
11-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Morality though, is not the responsibility of government. If freedom and responsibility go hand in hand, which I agree with, I also say that morality and responsibility go hand in hand.

The church, or the 'religious right', has over time pawned its responsibility off as a role-model in society to government officials. That, I think, is an abdication of responsibility by the religious right. If they were mostly people who kept to themselves, led by example, and didn't expect often-corrupt government officials to produce a moral society by some means, then they would probably be much more successful in restoring morality in the USA.

I think where Limbaugh misses the boat is where he doesn't make a strong point that many people still desire a moral society, they just don't want to risk empowering an already-too-powerful government to enforce those morals.

I would like to see a less drug-dependent society. I would like to see children grow up with two parents rather than a baby-daddy structure. I'd like for people to seek alternatives to abortion. I would like to see people not hooked on drugs, or not prostitute themselves. But I also look at the government's history of abuse of power and therefore I challenge people who agree with me on these issues to not enlist the government to somehow restore morality to our society. Ron Paul has often made this argument, and I think that's why people who sometimes disagree with him on these issues still respect him, because he doesn't make them political.

Pauls' Revere
11-15-2012, 07:47 PM

exactly. Anything or anyone Limbaugh interprets is toxic ilk.

Nic
11-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Rush clearly does not get it. I think it takes a certain mindset, or rather a certain lack of comprehension ability, to be a neo-conservative.

Peace&Freedom
11-15-2012, 08:13 PM

+1 zillion. That was not a crowd of Christians in the biblical sense, but those who have fully drunk the kool-aid of war and empire fed to them by the neo-cons. This co-opted mutation of the Christian right is of recent vintage---I do not remember seeing this kind war-monger rhetoric, attitude or Israel-idolatry among evangelicals twenty years ago.

satchelmcqueen
11-15-2012, 08:16 PM
rush is a stupid sob and has went out of his way to mock ron in the pst. when he says "we" as in him and his audience, in relating to what freedom is...hes the one who was laughing at paul, not the other way around. now hes going to take rons words and pretend that himself (sean hannity wil do it next) and his like have tried to promote rons ideas of freedom the whole time. yet it was guys like him who threw up every road block to stop ron from gaining any momentum.

rush is a piece of crap. this link and what he said is a joke. hes trying to suck off of what ron has stood for and what we here have been saying the whole time. rush is a leech. the pundits will take rons speech and twist it , in time, to fit their version of freedom and try to tie rons name to it in the next election all at the same time they will ignore and laugh at rand when he runs. they will do to this speech to their benifit as they did to the original teaparty that WE started in 2007. it took them 2 years to do it, but hanity, rush and beck took over and brainwashed the masses to the point that the teaparty is now a joke and the fucking gadsden flag i see on a lot of vehichles now is a joke. only 1 fucking person flying that flag on the tag they put on their car ever even waved at me when i drove my jeep which is LACED with ron paul stickers!

rush can kiss my ass.

satchelmcqueen
11-15-2012, 08:18 PM
he milking rons speech for his own. hes the very one who said ron was "nuts on parade". fuck him.

satchelmcqueen
11-15-2012, 08:22 PM
same here.

EBounding
11-15-2012, 08:27 PM
The only reason Limbaugh talked about this is because it was linked on the Drudge Report.

Mini-Me
11-15-2012, 08:30 PM

Indeed: It's only worth sending to people who already listen to him a lot...otherwise, it only encourages people to start tuning in, when most of the time he's going to be doing a whole lot of damage.

jmdrake
11-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Let's see. Ron Paul says:

PAUL: If authoritarianism leads to poverty and war and less freedom for all individuals and is controlled by rich special interests, the people should be begging for liberty.

Rush Limbaugh says: More corporatism blah blah gay marriage undermining freedom blah blah blah

Any questions?

wgadget
11-15-2012, 08:44 PM
The only reason Limbaugh talked about this is because it was linked on the Drudge Report.

You guys...On Drudge Report just under the Ron Paul stories there is an article about how a radio host wants a Second American Revolution. It's an infowars story. Near the bottom of it, it says they want to DRAFT RON PAUL TO LEAD PATRIOTS INTO RESTORING THE REPUBLIC AND THE BILL OF RIGHTS via nullification and secession.

Did anyone see it? What do you think? Wow, Rons getting more popular every day...!

Here's the exact quote:

Infowars is calling on patriots to start a movement to draft Ron Paul as the head of a brand new effort to restore the Republic, restore the bill of rights and opt out of the counterfeit America the banking elite has subverted and fashioned to serve their own interests.

KEEF
11-15-2012, 08:46 PM
The fat turd is just looking to highjack the Liberty Movement just like how he, Hannity, and those other dopes did to the original intent of the TEA Party movement. I take it as a compliment though that if Rush is talking about Ron Paul, post election, then we really are making a difference on the old GOP guard.

Heck I got this mass email today from RNC Committeeman Dave Agema mostly talking about how the GOP lost because they didn't reach out enough to minorities, blah, blah, blah. But what stroke me was half way down I read
In a sense, I feel a little of the same. Having been in the military for over 26 years, the latest events in the Middle East (by defending neither our sovereign territory nor our Ambassador, and letting them die when we had the ability to prevent it) is criminal. The military adage of "leave no man behind" was totally ignored and loss of morale is ensuing within the military.
So, where do we go from here? Do we give up? - NO! We must include, and not ostracize, the minority groups (to include the Tea Party and Ron Paul people). They have some good ideas. Listen to them. We reach out to all minority groups (whether ethnic or philosophical), ask what they need, and oblige them as long as we don't have to sacrifice our conservative principles.

So yeah, according to him, we are a minority. So couple that sentiment with Limbaugh bringing up Dr. Paul's farwell speech, I have a feeling that we are a much larger threat then they want to let on. Makes me excited for 2014 and 2016.

wgadget
11-15-2012, 08:52 PM
AND as an added bonus, Drudge is also carrying an article on that ridiculous turd from the Maine GOP, our friend CHARLIE WEBSTER.

Go check it out for a good laugh. LOL

Brett85
11-15-2012, 08:56 PM
I think we should give people credit whenever they say something good about Ron. It doesn't make sense to criticize Limbaugh when he says something bad about Ron and also criticize him when he says something good about Ron. I was glad that he gave Ron credit for what he said in his speech.

Carehn
11-15-2012, 08:56 PM
I read the transcript and I don't think rush understands paul the way I do.

Feeding the Abscess
11-15-2012, 09:03 PM
I think we should give people credit whenever they say something good about Ron. It doesn't make sense to criticize Limbaugh when he says something bad about Ron and also criticize him when he says something good about Ron. I was glad that he gave Ron credit for what he said in his speech.

I wouldn't categorize twisting or misrepresenting what Ron is saying as Rush saying something good about Ron.

Brett85
11-15-2012, 09:06 PM
I wouldn't categorize twisting or misrepresenting what Ron is saying as Rush saying something good about Ron.

I think he was just giving his own interpretation of what Ron said. It was just what it meant to him.

wgadget
11-15-2012, 09:07 PM
The Devil himself is known for twisting words, isn't he? When Thrush Limbaugh isn't twisting words, he's outright spinning them. Blehhh.

georgiaboy
11-15-2012, 09:21 PM
I remember when I used to lap up the crumbs tossed to me by the Limbaughs of the world anytime they mentioned Ron Paul.

Then I realized the crumbs were intended as lures for folks like me, or as garnish for the folks around his table.

Neither are essential for a healthy diet.

I care not to listen to another word from the man ever again, especially when he's trying to manipulate the words of Ron Paul for an audience that so desperately needs to understand them.

UWDude
11-15-2012, 09:33 PM
The fat turd is just looking to highjack the Liberty Movement just like how he, Hannity, and those other dopes did to the original intent of the TEA Party movement. I take it as a compliment though that if Rush is talking about Ron Paul, post election, then we really are making a difference on the old GOP guard.

Heck I got this mass email today from RNC Committeeman Dave Agema mostly talking about how the GOP lost because they didn't reach out enough to minorities, blah, blah, blah. But what stroke me was half way down I read

So yeah, according to him, we are a minority. So couple that sentiment with Limbaugh bringing up Dr. Paul's farwell speech, I have a feeling that we are a much larger threat then they want to let on. Makes me excited for 2014 and 2016.

Yeah, but their definition of "listen" is "Patronize, but ignore. Lie and assure. Just get their freakin' vote"

heavenlyboy34
11-15-2012, 09:39 PM
It seems a lot of you are taking Rush way too seriously. Like the rest of the MSM, his show is scripted and tightly controlled. Establishment propaganda and mis/disinfo. I must give it to him, though-he's extremely good at manipulating and hypnotizing his audience.

JJ2
11-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Rush: "Why are those of us proclaiming freedom, why are we the ones mocked, laughed at, insulted or impugned?"

I don't know Rush, why did you mock, laugh at, insult, and impugn Ron Paul all throughout the primaries?

idiom
11-15-2012, 10:52 PM
My god we are starved of attention if anyone thinks that was speaking favourably.

He was calling Ron Paul immoral.

Get a grip people.

Rush paraphrase: Why did we lose when we stand for freedom? Freedom is the freedom to impose your morality on the Left. Ron Paul is exactly right, we need to impose more restrictions on people in the name of liberty! That's what I have been saying all along!

Valli6
11-16-2012, 07:54 AM
If Christ were to return today, these same "Christians" would be the first to drag him off and nail him to a cross, just like the "authorities" 2000 years ago did.
This thought has run through my mind many times.
Booing the golden rule is a black mark against all the Paul-haters that will only become more damning to them with time - which makes me glad.

Okie RP fan
11-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Rush began the show by saying parts of Ron Paul's speech were fascinating, but, he disagreed with the transcripts he [was going to] aired. Yes, I listened to the beginning of his program yesterday...

itshappening
11-16-2012, 09:25 AM
He sucks and has lost all credibility

Total Bush cheerleader.

S.Shorland
11-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Is there a prison sentence for delivering horse manure daily to his office?

Czolgosz
11-16-2012, 09:50 AM

Of course, now that Ron Paul is retired, Rush is going to try and claim he's always loved Ron, and is a champion of Ron's values, which he then defines himself.

You saved me some keystrokes. +1

puppetmaster
11-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Beck did this too. Agree agree agree then BAM stab stab stab.....

jmdrake
11-16-2012, 10:13 AM

Well in the past Rush has twisted what Ron is saying in order to attack Ron. Now Rush is twisting what Ron is saying to try to benefit from Ron's increasing popularity. I suppose in some twisted way that's "progress".

Origanalist
11-16-2012, 10:28 AM
Well in the past Rush has twisted what Ron is saying in order to attack Ron. Now Rush is twisting what Ron is saying to try to benefit from Ron's increasing popularity. I suppose in some twisted way that's "progress".

That's a lot of twisting.

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4904475468891629&pid=15.1&W=160&H=160

Athan
11-16-2012, 10:31 AM
I remember when I used to lap up the crumbs tossed to me by the Limbaughs of the world anytime they mentioned Ron Paul.

Then I realized the crumbs were intended as lures for folks like me, or as garnish for the folks around his table.
Dang, that is sad. Glad you got over it. I just click on these to check to see if fecal matter is talking shit about my homeboy.

Lucille
11-16-2012, 10:37 AM
I am curious about Limbaugh's reaction to Ron invoking the Golden Rule at the SC debate.

Is anyone here going to call him today, and straighten him out wrt his (intentional?) misunderstanding?

FSP-Rebel
11-16-2012, 11:11 AM

Indeed, but Agema is very friendly with Paul folk. We were a key constituency 2 state conventions ago that got him elected over the anti-Paul guy. Not sure if you were there for that or not.

Lucille
11-16-2012, 11:31 AM
I actually got an email from the county GOP old guard today titled, "An excellent speech by Ron Paul yesterday on the House floor." I was shocked. They have made no bones about wanting us out of the party either.

nasaal
11-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Ron Paul being twisted as an attack on the left defeats the entire purpose. He isn't an attack on the left, he's an attack on the full establishment. To paint him as being partisan is twisted and continues the false paradigm we have in this country.

July
11-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Ron Paul being twisted as an attack on the left defeats the entire purpose. He isn't an attack on the left, he's an attack on the full establishment. To paint him as being partisan is twisted and continues the false paradigm we have in this country.

Not only that, he and the caller were very critical of youth. Why would you use the words of the most popular Republican with youth....to attack the youth? He's, in so many words, telling the youth to stick with the Dems, while confirming the fears of the older base to not want to welcome them.

nasaal
11-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Not only that, he and the caller were very critical of youth. That is the kind of reactionary attitude that is shrinking the GOP today. Why would you use the words of the most popular Republican with youth....to attack the youth? He's, in so many words, telling the youth to stick with the Dems.

To keep the Libertarian wing out of the GOP. They are attempting to rebrand further to the left, can't do that with libertarians taking over.

Feeding the Abscess
11-16-2012, 01:44 PM

I'm not so sure. I'd rather have the message be opposed than twisted and co-opted. At least with opposition the message is still yours.

Agorism
11-16-2012, 07:46 PM
shows that's drudge has power.

He takes drudge's stuff, and that's what he does his show with.

Alternatively, people could just load drudgereport.com rather than having to listen him though to be fair he takes from hot air.com as well, which can also be loaded in a web browser.

Wolfgang Bohringer
11-17-2012, 11:42 AM

Can you imagine what would have happened if Ron Inc had capitalized on this by spending a few of our $30 million on plastering this ad on TV?:

Narrator: "A society that boos or ridicules the Golden Rule is not a moral society."

Video Clip: Ron Paul at the SC debate explaining the Golden Rule and the crowd's response of thunderous boos

Narrator: "Sure, its easy to slough this off and say that that crowd at the Republican South Carolina debate merely represented a minority segment of American society that is so heavily invested emotionally and financially in the American empire's militarism and authoritarianism, that morality means nothing to them.

"But what about you Mr. and Mrs. Independent, Democrat, or libertarian leaning Republican? Have you put yourself in the shoes of the 100s of thousands of innocent victims of the U.S. government's warfare projects in the Middle East and around the world? How would you like it if somebody was doing this to you?"

Photo Sequence: Gory innocent victims and refugees.

Narrator: "Are you still voting for and supporting politicians like Obama and Romney who are just as contemptuous of the Golden Rule as those extremist Republicans who booed Ron Paul at the SC debate?"

"If so, here's your chance to redeem yourself by voting for the only presidential candidate who understands the moral consequences of waging war and propping up authoritarian despots across the Middle East and the rest of the world.

"Why not turn around and do the right thing?

"In some states if you're an Independent or a Democrat you must register Republican to do the right thing and vote for Ron Paul"

EBounding
11-17-2012, 12:14 PM
I understand the mindset of the "Golden Rule Booers", because I might have done the same thing 10 years ago. In their minds, they were not necessarily booing the Golden Rule. They were booing the implication that the US is doing something bad. They believe that the US is acting in self defense and also liberating people by intervening overseas. This is wrong of course, but telling them they're not following the golden rule isn't going to work because they believe they are following it.

Okie RP fan
11-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Can you imagine what would have happened if Ron Inc had capitalized on this by spending a few of our $30 million on plastering this ad on TV?:

There's a LOT of things the campaign SHOULD have done, which further proves that Ron was never in it to win it. Although we were.

cstarace
11-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Why would I spread this drivel?

Brian4Liberty
11-17-2012, 02:04 PM
The goal is to create a new vision of Ron Paul. All they want is for him to be Israel-centric, then he can become an icon of the next generation of teo-conservatives. Through select quoting and revisionist history, they may be successful in coming decades.

Sematary
11-17-2012, 07:57 PM

Did RUSH really claim that he (and the Republican party) were the defenders of freedom? That's why I can't listen to this asshat for more than 10 minutes at a time

GunnyFreedom
11-18-2012, 03:51 AM
I understand the mindset of the "Golden Rule Booers", because I might have done the same thing 10 years ago. In their minds, they were not necessarily booing the Golden Rule. They were booing the implication that the US is doing something bad. They believe that the US is acting in self defense and also liberating people by intervening overseas. This is wrong of course, but telling them they're not following the golden rule isn't going to work because they believe they are following it.

To be honest, that's kinda worse.

I mean, the Pharisees believed they were being righteous too, but they were more loathed than the open sinners no?

Rejecting conviction is worse than never having been convicted at all.

I don't see the Judgement going well at all for those people. :(

Badger Paul
11-18-2012, 10:14 AM
In other words, so long as Dr. Paul is no threat to be President or the GOP nominee, he's okay to praise now because we agree with much with what he says (except for that little "foreign policy" part). Or at least we agree with it right now. Back in 2007 when Bush II was our God, we thought it blasphemy.

They're doing what they always do. They see where the wind blows and they sail with the wind. They are "entertainers" and they don't go against the popular market.

Wolfgang Bohringer
11-18-2012, 10:56 AM
...but telling them they're not following the golden rule isn't going to work...

But the primary objective of the ads, speeches, debates, and q&a's should not have been to change minds, but to kick the already convinced in the ass and get them out to vote for the first and last decent politician in U.S. history.

I realize that this is all academic now because there's never going to be another fearless libertarian candidate like Ron Paul who will ever have the balls to say the stuff that Ron was saying. But the one obvious lesson that should have been learned--but will probably remain unlearned like all the other good lessons--was that it was ONLY Ron's fearless libertarianism that made him such a rock star.

When Guliani was unconvinced and blew up during the debate because Ron Paul was the ONLY person from whom Guliani had EVER heard the facts of blowback, Ron's campaign was caught off guard and stumbled into at least highlighting their good fortune with the Rudy's Reading List news conference the next day. What if they had made that the centerpiece of their ads?

Here's the lesson that at least the bankers and the government were smart enough to learn from Ron's 2 campaigns: If another politician ever comes along and has the balls to tell Christians that they're not following the Prince of Peace, then they'd better have enough non-libertarians on the inside of the campaign to play it down and bottle up and water down the guy's message; otherwise things could get out of control.

GunnyFreedom
11-18-2012, 02:30 PM
But the primary objective of the ads, speeches, debates, and q&a's should not have been to change minds, but to kick the already convinced in the ass and get them out to vote for the first and last decent politician in U.S. history.

ETA (this section) - We didn't have enough committeds to make a solid GOTV campaign make the difference...yet. You have to have a plurality of projected voters to shift focus to primarily GOTV. We never had that plurality except in Iowa, where we came within inches of taking the popular contest anyway, and probably would have had the media not went into full-lunatic anti-paul mode.

I realize that this is all academic now because there's never going to be another fearless libertarian candidate like Ron Paul who will ever have the balls to say the stuff that Ron was saying. But the one obvious lesson that should have been learned--but will probably remain unlearned like all the other good lessons--was that it was ONLY Ron's fearless libertarianism that made him such a rock star.

Sure there will! Keep in mind that the reason Ron was able to be as bold as he was was due to seniority. By that point his district knew him well enough to not freak out when he said something...unusual...since none of it was unexpected by then.

There are a bunch of people coming us who are nearly as bold as Paul but just starting off. When these people (you will know which ones are the real genuine deal by their voting records) get 10 or so years in office, chances are they will be more bold than Ron Paul was.

Don't misunderstand me, it's not from having 'more courage,' the most courage was Ron Paul paving the way for it to happen, being all and completely alone. Our people are no longer alone, so it will not be nearly as difficult for us now as it was for Ron then.

I understand that libertarianism and pessimism often go hand in hand, but our long term outlook now is brighter than it's ever been. For our movement, not so much our country, because of Ron Paul. And 28 years from now, when we are celebrating the victory of our second Constitutionalist President, the salvation of America will be placed squarely on the shoulders of Ron Paul where it belongs.

When Guliani was unconvinced and blew up during the debate because Ron Paul was the ONLY person from whom Guliani had EVER heard the facts of blowback, Ron's campaign was caught off guard and stumbled into at least highlighting their good fortune with the Rudy's Reading List news conference the next day. What if they had made that the centerpiece of their ads?

From about that point the only people left who took Giuliani serious, was the media. Pounding him in commercials would have been seen as "punching down," and would as likely have hurt him with voters outside of those he had already secured.

Here's the lesson that at least the bankers and the government were smart enough to learn from Ron's 2 campaigns: If another politician ever comes along and has the balls to tell Christians that they're not following the Prince of Peace, then they'd better have enough non-libertarians on the inside of the campaign to play it down and bottle up and water down the guy's message; otherwise things could get out of control.

Turn that frown upside down! You haven't even begun to see the legacy that will be Ron Paul. The only thing that can stop us now, is bitter apathy. The more successful our platform is in the ballot box over the next few years, the more the people will come our way and listen to what we have to say. Ron Paul has now identified the base root issue of morality and provided a short clipped talking point to fight it. A moral people rejects the initiation of aggression, not only on a personal level, but also amongst the police, and the military. A moral people rejects the initiation of aggression, whether from themselves, others, or the governments they elect.

Saturate them with that until it sticks, and then build it up so it grows and spreads. As the voters start shifting in character, the effect on Paulers running for office will be....dramatic...to say the least.

Working Poor
11-18-2012, 04:08 PM
I have not been on the internet for a while since before the election I am at a friends house right now. I have not heard one word breathed about Ron Paul in any news that I have listened too. I am sure that most non internet connected folks have not either. I find it interesting though that Limbaugh has said anything about him at all.