PDA

View Full Version : GOP Still Working Out What's Responsible For 2012 Woes

Anti Federalist
11-15-2012, 04:30 PM
LOL - Karl Rove, blarg blarg blarg, ground game, blarg blarg blarg, minorities, blarg blarg blarg.

If you had not systematically pissed off the most energetic consituency the GOP has, then you would have "won".

No One But Paul.

I'll do the same damn thing in 2016, if the GOP continues to be the stupid party.

GOP Still Working Out What's Responsible For 2012 Woes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15/gop-2012_n_2138715.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

It's been more than a week since Election Day, and the process through which the GOP figures out where everything went terribly wrong in its quest to retake the White House is ongoing. It's definitely a debate worth having: President Barack Obama's reelection bucked many of the conventionally accepted historical trends relating to incumbents in a poorly-performing economy.

Eventually, I feel pretty confident that those tasked with diagnosing the failure to unseat Obama in 2012 will eventually settle on something like, "Well, we ended up with a pretty implausible nominee who couldn't relate to normal human-Americans (and who, indeed, often demonstrated an open contempt for them) after the nativist clique that took over the party in 2010 ran off many of our more talented prospects from the race and kept them on the sidelines. And our long primary season was pretty goofy and alienating. Also, as subpar as our candidate was, it probably didn't help matters that we spent the lion's share of the campaign season slagging him publicly until he turned in that one decent debate performance. In retrospect, maybe we shouldn't have done that. Oh, and why did we force our candidate to run away from his signature legislative achievement -- Massachusetts health care reform -- when that was the very thing that first drew us to him as a potential presidential aspirant in the first place? That seems like a pretty big cock-up on our part, too."

Once they get through that, Republicans will probably realize that they have a lot of talented prospects who do not resemble "sneering plutocrats" and who have fairly humane approaches to issues like comprehensive immigration reform, and they'll start feeling pretty good about 2016. (Especially if the best the Democrats can offer is, say, Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley.)

But, you know, it's a process, and right now, the self-analysis hasn't progressed beyond, "We lost because of something somebody else did, that wasn't fair, waaaahh." Let's examine a few of these.

thoughtomator
11-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Simple guide: If you can't figure out why Romney lost, you're it.

sailingaway
11-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Karl Rove's PAC spent hundreds of millions on candidates and had success in ZERO races.

Ron Paul endorsed and donated to a dozen candidates and 8 won their races.

I know I have said that ^^ before, but it continues to please me....

Anti Federalist
11-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Karl Rove's PAC spent hundreds of millions on candidates and had success in ZERO races.

Awesome...LOL.

dannno
11-15-2012, 06:01 PM
They'll be arguing about this long after the public finally comes to a consensus on the 9/11 truth debate.

mad cow
11-15-2012, 06:08 PM

It pleases the heck out of me every time you say it.

AGRP
11-15-2012, 06:23 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30287264.jpg